Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southeast

Old 02-23-2013, 08:45 PM   #1051
zfuzz

Drives: 69 Z28 / 12 ZL1
Did someone say I could turn a lap at Road Atlanta and drive through Ducktown to get there. Count me IN !
zfuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 11:35 PM   #1052
GMteSSted

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by zfuzz View Post
Did someone say I could turn a lap at Road Atlanta and drive through Ducktown to get there. Count me IN !
hmmm.....I wonder if that black garage queen can keep up?
GMteSSted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 08:42 AM   #1053
driser

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
[QUOTE=GMteSSted;6194967]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dianeokie View Post
.....Any clubs that have members that are interested, please send me a contact with your club, and I will keep that person updated. In addition, if enough people are coming, we can work on hotel information as well. I will also update this post as information/details become available.

I sent David my contact information and will keep this group informed on what he sends.
Hey just wanted to say thanks for the interest you guys are showing for the event, it should really be worth the drive.

I posted some additional ticket info yesterday on the main site. Diane and I are getting together tomorrow to get organized and make some additional plans. We will also be setting up a sign up list on the main site, and I will let you know when that is up so you guys can get your names on there.

Thanks again for getting the word out.

David
driser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 12:20 PM   #1054
the_breeze

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMteSSted View Post
This will be a fun trip! We need to get a plan together.
the_breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 04:22 PM   #1055
GMteSSted

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_breeze View Post
This will be a fun trip! We need to get a plan together.
I can't tell exactly what time the races are?
Do we drive down Thursday evening, Friday morning or when?
Come back Saturday evening or Sunday morning?

We do need to get some hotel rooms booked fairly quickly.

Any suggestions?
GMteSSted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 05:16 PM   #1056
driser

Quote:

Any suggestions?
Both races will be on Saturday. I believe qualifying and practice will be on Friday. We are going to try and put together a cruise and dinner friday night, so if you can make it down Friday that would be good.

Give us a couple of days and I will put together a list of hotels close by the track that also have restaurants around.

David
Old 02-24-2013, 06:36 PM   #1057
zfuzz

Drives: 69 Z28 / 12 ZL1
Quote:
Oooooh no he deeeee int ! Oh it's on now
zfuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 07:38 PM   #1058
the_breeze

Don't hurt him!
Old 02-25-2013, 05:37 PM   #1059
driser

Quote:

Any suggestions?
I have a list of hotels provided by Road Atlanta today, but am having trouble putting it in the thread in the format they sent it in. Give me your e-mail address and I will forward you their e-mail with the attachment. I would suggest booking as soon as you can, because they probably will probably fill up for this. If you have problems finding anything from the list, let me know and we will find some additional places to try.

Also, I added a sign up list to the original post on our initial thread, so if you have any names of folks that are coming, please let me have them to add to the list. I am trying to get the list updated as soon as we can to show we have the 25 minimum to secure our own parking area.

Thanks,

David.
Old 02-25-2013, 05:44 PM   #1060
Bertha II

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6 SW
Quote:
Originally Posted by zfuzz View Post
Oooooh no he deeeee int ! Oh it's on now
OK, I've got to hurry up and get Bertha finished and back together. I don't want to miss the trip down there.... I've seen that black ZL1 in my mirror a few times, and I don't think it will have a problem keeping up with any of us...

The best place we stayed on our trips to Road Atlanta was the Hampton Inn in Buford. Lots of restaurants next to it along with a huge shopping mall for the girls.
TSP Stage 3 Cam, BBK SS/Ceramic Headers, Solo Cats, Borla Exhaust/Deletes, K&N CAI, Lethal Performance Tune, Carbotech Brakes, Phastek Braided Brake Lines, Brake Ducts, BMR/Eibach Springs, Hotchkis Sway Bars & End Links, BMR Chassis Connectors, Vorshlag Camber Plates, 1LE 3.91 Gear, Hurst Shifter, 2017 ZL1 Wheels, ZL1 Grille and Ground Effects, SLP Splitter, MPD1 Spoiler, Oracle Interior Lighting, Gen5DIY Headlight/Halo/DRL System
Bertha II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 05:53 PM   #1061
the_breeze

It's on! A town here we come. I will try to put the trip together as soon as we get a little more info. Do we want rooms for Friday & Sat night?
Old 02-25-2013, 07:47 PM   #1062
Bertha II

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6 SW
Hotel Update

Quote:
It's on! A town here we come. I will try to put the trip together as soon as we get a little more info. Do we want rooms for Friday & Sat night?
I just made reservations in Buford GA for April 19th thru 21st @ $99 per night ($94 with AAA membership) at Spring Hill Suites. Hampton Inn next door is sold out. Call 678-714-2150 for reservations as they still some rooms left. Mall of Georgia is across the street, which is supposed to be biggest mall in the Southeast. I suppose the girls will be going on this trip...

I want to be ahead of Dan if we get to take the Camaros on the course. I don't think he'll hold it wide open coming down to take turn 12...
TSP Stage 3 Cam, BBK SS/Ceramic Headers, Solo Cats, Borla Exhaust/Deletes, K&N CAI, Lethal Performance Tune, Carbotech Brakes, Phastek Braided Brake Lines, Brake Ducts, BMR/Eibach Springs, Hotchkis Sway Bars & End Links, BMR Chassis Connectors, Vorshlag Camber Plates, 1LE 3.91 Gear, Hurst Shifter, 2017 ZL1 Wheels, ZL1 Grille and Ground Effects, SLP Splitter, MPD1 Spoiler, Oracle Interior Lighting, Gen5DIY Headlight/Halo/DRL System
Bertha II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 08:04 PM   #1063
the_breeze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bertha II View Post
I just made reservations in Buford GA for April 19th thru 21st @ $99 per night ($94 with AAA membership) at Spring Hill Suites. Hampton Inn next door is sold out. Call 678-714-2150 for reservations as they still some rooms left. Mall of Georgia is across the street, which is supposed to be biggest mall in the Southeast. I suppose the girls will be going on this trip...

I want to be ahead of Dan if we get to take the Camaros on the course. I don't think he'll hold it wide open coming down to take turn 12...
s

I am making res now.

I want to be ahead of Tommy and Bobby to see who spins who out.

Last edited by the_breeze; 02-26-2013 at 06:46 PM.
Old 02-25-2013, 08:08 PM   #1064
the_breeze

Quote:
s

I am making res now.

I want to be ahead of Tommy and Bobby to see who spins out who.
Just tried to book there and she said said they were sold out!