Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 09-05-2018, 05:16 PM   #1
scotty9794

Drives: 2011 ss/rs
4l80e concerns

I bought my '11 with a 4l80 swap already done, and the car inoperable. I had a local shop get it back together again, but i feel as though im having some issues and im not sure where to turn as the shop says its normal. The car has had very harsh engagement since it was finished. To the point where the driveshafts hitting the heat shield above it and the differential, it apparently did this before i bought it. Anyways, the trans was ruined when i bought it, so it was rebuilt as well as the converter. It has amsoil supershift fluid in it and it is full. The passenger o2 sensor was bad so i changed it. After that, now i have a delayed 1-2 shift unless i let off the throttle, and my engine speed bounces upto 200 rpm when at cruising speed, and sometimes even under light load in traffic. All the other shifts are consistent, although theyre significantly softer than id expect them to be for a performance transmission. My tahoe with a blackbear tuned 60 in it is far more aggressive. Any suggestions please?
TMS forged 376, 237/239 cam, AGP kit w/ s256 twins and race intercooler, Alky dual nozzle meth system, FIC 127lb injectors, Fore dual TI 450s, Jakes stage 4 4l80e, Circle D triple disc billet 3400 stall, DSS aluminum shaft, eBoost 2 controller, BMR toe rods-adj lower control arms-adj trailing rods, and bushings, nt555r rears.
scotty9794 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 05:22 PM   #2
graf101
Trouble_SM

Drives: 17' Summit White ZL1
I know the sprag affects the 1-2 shift and I am experiencing the same sort of issue on my RPM stage 5 4L80e now.
graf101 is offline   Reply With Quote