Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 04-29-2010, 08:30 AM   #15
Will@Apf

Drives: corvette
Great numbers jeff!...
Will@Apf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 08:35 AM   #16
Will@Apf

Drives: corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by orange10s.c. View Post
Nice Jeff but not by that much !!!!!
LOL i missed this...Gary your car is fine! The kenne Bell had more power we just played it safe! need a hug?
Will@Apf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 01:49 PM   #17
navyblueSS

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS
Nice numbers, I see a KB on my car in the future.
Old 04-29-2010, 01:52 PM   #18
Total_Perf_Eng

Drives: Corvette
Send a message via AIM to Total_Perf_Eng
I was just bustin his b*lls.. 10 hp, and 30lbft of torque is nothin really..

Your all good Gary, im sure its only a matter of time before you decide to up the power.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will@Apf View Post
LOL i missed this...Gary your car is fine! The kenne Bell had more power we just played it safe! need a hug?
Total_Perf_Eng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 02:34 PM   #19
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
WOW!

So this was a 2.8H, with only DT shorties and CB, and at ~ 7.5 psi of boost, on the canned KB tune, the car was making 570+ RWHP? Jesus... I'm a little confused about the knock you mentioned - was that with the canned tune, or after you were in there a little bit?

Also, back to the exhaust for a moment: Do you think a good 3" CB and manifolds would be as good a set-up as this car's current set-up (DT shorties & 2.5" CB)? I might just go 3" from the cats' and leave the manifolds; the shorties would be nice for some eye candy, but I'll need to see a completely stock car to compare for sure.

Also - I just bought the new Super Chevy and that was a good story on the 2.8H you guys had in there.

Kudos!
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 02:49 PM   #20
Total_Perf_Eng

We started with the canned tune, and went from there. When we dialed the fuel in for a little more safety, we decided to play with the WOT timing. So when we started to see knock, we backed it down 2*.

Yes, the car made 570+ on the canned tune. Well, I had played with part throttle MAF settings. But it was nowhere near WOT.

Yes, I do. We dont reccomend shorties AT ALL.. They are a complete waste of money on these cars. The stock manifolds flow WAYYYYY to well. You cant really see the headers. Especially when you've got the big blower sitting on the top.
Imagine this: You see Jennifer Aniston, with a low cut wet t-shirt on. Would you notice her white teeth?? Or would your eyes be pre-occupied?

Be looking out for Super Chevy in the coming months. You will see a few things out of our shop in there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by radz282003 View Post
WOW!

So this was a 2.8H, with only DT shorties and CB, and at ~ 7.5 psi of boost, on the canned KB tune, the car was making 570+ RWHP? Jesus... I'm a little confused about the knock you mentioned - was that with the canned tune, or after you were in there a little bit?

Also, back to the exhaust for a moment: Do you think a good 3" CB and manifolds would be as good a set-up as this car's current set-up (DT shorties & 2.5" CB)? I might just go 3" from the cats' and leave the manifolds; the shorties would be nice for some eye candy, but I'll need to see a completely stock car to compare for sure.

Also - I just bought the new Super Chevy and that was a good story on the 2.8H you guys had in there.

Kudos!
Old 04-29-2010, 03:00 PM   #21
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Total_Perf_Eng View Post
We started with the canned tune, and went from there. When we dialed the fuel in for a little more safety, we decided to play with the WOT timing. So when we started to see knock, we backed it down 2*.

Yes, the car made 570+ on the canned tune. Well, I had played with part throttle MAF settings. But it was nowhere near WOT.

Yes, I do. We dont reccomend shorties AT ALL.. They are a complete waste of money on these cars. The stock manifolds flow WAYYYYY to well. You cant really see the headers. Especially when you've got the big blower sitting on the top.
Imagine this: You see Jennifer Aniston, with a low cut wet t-shirt on. Would you notice her white teeth?? Or would your eyes be pre-occupied?

Be looking out for Super Chevy in the coming months. You will see a few things out of our shop in there.
OH - so you fattened the OEM tune more, and added just enough timing to safely run on 89? Do you think tuning for a 91 minimum would yield any significant improvement over the 89 tune you just completed then? OH - were you guys running an open element filter, or the CARB-style set-up I noticed in the article? Can you comment on how KB looks at custom tunes from one of their dealers? For example, if I were to ask you to custom tune my car, would there be a warranty problem on KB's side? I'm concerned with trying to maintain any warranty that KB has for the kit - that's why I ask.

I guess going with your KB, no one's going to really see that driver's side header, are they, lol. I guess a big ole' lung on top of the engine would be sweet enough for my teeth. I was looking at shorties (because of CARB crap) for a little more aggressive exhaust tone, too, but think I've found Heaven in a recently released system; CBs are easier to install, too, lol.

Aniston has teeth?...

Sorry - one last question: Do you know if KB is going to try to get CARB-exemption on the 3.6, too? I don't know that that'd be really beneficial to my case, since I'd probably only be looking at running less than 10 psi on an OEM LS3 anyways; for now, lol.

Thanks
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 03:51 PM   #22
stealth camaro

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Send a message via AIM to stealth camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Total_Perf_Eng View Post
I was just bustin his b*lls.. 10 hp, and 30lbft of torque is nothin really..

Your all good Gary, im sure its only a matter of time before you decide to up the power.
Jeff pm me what kind of numbers you think we can make with my setup? And is it there yet is it there yet. Lol
Old 04-29-2010, 04:38 PM   #23
Total_Perf_Eng

Enough to now make me REALLY REALLY nervous about fuel..

But honestly, I think we will have to turn it down to the 650-670rwhp range.. If we had the fuel, we could hit 700rwhp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealth camaro View Post
Jeff pm me what kind of numbers you think we can make with my setup? And is it there yet is it there yet. Lol
Old 04-29-2010, 04:39 PM   #24
SinisterSS

Drives: 2010 Inferno orange camaro SS
Sweet numbers
SinisterSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 04:41 PM   #25
Total_Perf_Eng

Hey Guys,

Were heading out to go deliver Steves car back to Socal, so we will be offline for a bit. That being said, we WILL be in socal this evening, and would be more than happy to do a FREE courtsey pick up. We have 2 black 2.8 kits, 1 Polished 2.8 kit, and 1 polished 2.8LC kit in stock, so we can have you up and running in no time.

My personal cell is 702-354-5333. You can also email me at Jeff@Corvettetuners.com I will get the email on my phone.
Old 04-29-2010, 04:43 PM   #26
Total_Perf_Eng

Thanks Keith, I cant wait for Steve to drive it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SinisterSS View Post
Sweet numbers
Old 04-29-2010, 04:45 PM   #27
SinisterSS

Drives: 2010 Inferno orange camaro SS
I am absolutely positive he will love it!! Mine is a blast to drive. I keep trying to get Will to push the power up on mine. Looking like tomorrow may be the day he finally gives in!
SinisterSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 07:32 PM   #28
stealth camaro

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Send a message via AIM to stealth camaro
Jeff are you going to stop by the Pizza shop on Sun? Everyone is comming about 5 PM. Hope to see you there