Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 09-26-2013, 02:53 PM   #141
sruff26

Drives: 2SS RS
...yep thats an essay
sruff26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 02:53 PM   #142
steph09

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAviator View Post
You are probably a good kid, and that's good. But I think its looney tunes crazy to buy a teenager a sports car, especially something like a Camaro. For allllllllllll sorts of reasons, not the least one being the fact that they could kill someone or themselves with it. I think an ideal first car for a teenager is an SUV or something like a Chevy Impala or Toyota Camry. To me its kind of like giving a kid a loaded gun and saying OK go have fun.

ANd let me get this straight, you're a teenager and your parents bought you an SS?
Well I'm 22 and my parents just bought me an SS last month. My sister is 15 and she has the LS.

Speaking for myself, I was a lead foot kid when I was 16 and I have been fortunate enough to have had a sedan that wasn't too fast from 16-22. I have learned and matured A LOT in respect to driving and I have great respect for ANY vehicles because it is literally a 2 ton weapon. I have respect for my life and other peoples. I can't speak for my sister yet but I have emphasized to here the importance of being responsible... only time will tell once she gets her license.
Old 09-26-2013, 02:58 PM   #143
sruff26

Drives: 2SS RS
why did they get you the same colors? that sucks
sruff26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 04:03 PM   #144
DRMKAR

Drives: 2012 2LT 45TH Anniv. RS Package.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiteboarder85 View Post
"Like I'll admit, I'm a complete asshole but I have no gotten 0 tickets and 0 major accidents"

Sounds to me you have accidents and tickets on your records the way you write lol.
Hahaha i"ll send you my record, one accident. Some woman backed into me. 100% her fault on the record.

6 pages later...
DRMKAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 04:12 PM   #145
steph09

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by sruff26 View Post
why did they get you the same colors? that sucks
Not really, we both happen to love the yellow camaro the most.
Old 09-26-2013, 04:17 PM   #146
Bodih
I Got My Orange Crush

Drives: it like I stoles it...
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRMKAR View Post
Any not idiots here?
Given the evidence presented, I say "NOT!!!"

My love is in league with the freeway. Its passion will ride, as the cities fly by, and the tail-lights dissolve in the coming of night. And the questions in thousands take flight ~Robert Plant - Big Log~
Bodih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 04:52 PM   #147
abaucom21

Drives: 2011 2LT White, 1966 TBird conv.
Think OP started a good thread and we should stop and think about.

I started driving in 1967 at age 16, had wonderful cars, had drivers ed courses when I was 15, still did some stupid things because I was young and inexperienced.

For more than 45 years of driving made some supid mistakes and now every day I drive my auto, is this the day I will make a stupid mistake and hurt someone?

Mistakes not my fault: Sept. 1967 I was a passager in best friend (Paula's) 1967 Camaro SS. Early Sept. 1967 her parents gave her a yellow 1967 Camaro for her 16th birthday. One night we were driving home, a drunk driver pulled in front of us, we T-Boned at 55 mph. Paula died with broken neck, JoAnn hit the windshield, years to reconstruct her face, it took two hours to cut me out of the back seat.

Decades later still have nightmares being trapped in that car for hours with my best friends dieing and bleeding. I was within inches of my friends but trapped in the wreakage for hours.

1971, Miami, airport highway driving my 1970 Nova SS. 65 mph and in center lane of 3 lanes. One auto crossed lanes, hit me on the side, due to speed lost control and left highway, became airborn, hit the ground with such impact engine broke loose. I was charged with lane change violation. Spend $1000's and went to court. Turned out cop took the statement from attractive Cuban lady who hit me, she did not speak English, cop did not speak Cuban. Case dismissed but because I was charged, my insurance rates went up for years.

1981, New Years Eve Houston. Been to boss New Year Eve party, do not drink too much in bosses home. Returning home in my 1976 Eldo conv. entered an intersection with my left turn signal 'on'. Drunk driver crossed lane and hit me head on. I was charged with illegal change because I was in the left change lane. Again spent $1000s to get dismissed, yet my insurance only went up.

1985, lived in Center City Philly, communited to North Philly on I-95. Just bought a sweet Dodge Colt hatchback. Picture this: North 1-95 lanes (3). I was in inside lane passing an 18-wheeler at about 65 mph. Car in front of me slowed so I as stuck between 18-wheeler and center divider rail. Then 18-wheeler load shifted in my direction. In an moment I just leaned over in my seat before I hit breaks and that saved my life. At 60 mph 18-wheeler rolled over on my little car, I was trapped underneath 18-wheeler and center dividing rail. Was told later they had to cut away rail, took more than 45 mins to cut me out of car. My auto roof tore back, hit me in the head, and tore back my scalp. If I had not leaned to one side before impact I would have been decapitagted. Lucky for me, Philly doctors put all my body parts back together and after about 5-years of surgury ended up looking about 5-years younger (my head and face had to be reconstruced).

When you think of tickets, think about how a 60 second rush can destroy lives. 45 years of driving on record and on record I have an excellent driving record. Reality, I have many negitive experiences.

Last 45 years been involved in more than one extreme auto crash. Never been found at fault. No speading tickets, or any tickets for 45 years. Regardless my insurance rates continue to climb. State Farm just raised my 2011 2LT $10 dollars a month, $120 per year. I am 62 years old, perfect driving record, driving a 3 year old V6 Camaro and Sate Farm just raised my rates $120 per year because the Camaro is at risk. WTF!

I am 62 years old, no driving issues for more than 45 years. I am not perfect and do speed at times, pulled over a few times and given warning tickets. Lost count how many times over last 40 years I have been rear ended and not my fault. YET, STATE FARM, just raised my low mileage 2011 2LT Camaro rates about $120 per year because I am driving a V6 2011 Camaro. Agent told me my rates went up due to stupid young people driving Camaro's.

RATES SUCK, but nothing we can do.

Young drivers take chances. We older guys also pay extra insurance because stupid Camaro owners do stupid things.

Hope none of you will experience being cut out of a Camaro like I experienced back in 1967.
abaucom21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 12:10 AM   #148
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
ok anybody on here under the age of 18....get to bed
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 12:21 AM   #149
SSGUNNER
Chu no guat a hasa is?

Drives: 14 Jeep G Cherokee Overland HEMI
Interesting thread.
11 2SS/RSL99No Longer Stock (Sold) 6/19/14:AAC Plasma DRL's | Plug n play harness | Elite CC | Tint: 35% & 5% | LED Dome light | Show-N-Go Plate Holder | Flowmaster AT | C.A.I. Intake | VMAX CNC Spiral Ported TB | Husky Splash Guards
SSGUNNER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 12:23 AM   #150
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
Quote:
Originally Posted by rontammy0 View Post
ok anybody on here under the age of 18....get to bed
lmao
Old 09-27-2013, 09:34 AM   #151
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
This could have been a good thread, but it was watered down with so much drivel it's unreadable.

OP, you got some good advice in a few posts, give them a good read and take them to heart, you'll be better for it if you do. Fbodfathers comments about taking an advanced course and NOT TEXTING while driving are top shelf.

There's an old trucker saying, "When you have it figured out, it's time to quit or someone is about to die." I.E. Arrogance and over-confidence are bad qualities for anyone behind the wheel of any vehicle.

I'll hit a few high points, that, if you heed them, your risk factor will go WAY down...

NEVER text while driving, anything you do that takes your eyes off the road raises your chances of an accident exponentially with time.

NEVER follow too close... You may think you have the instincts of a cat, but it takes ~2 seconds from the time you see a problem until you actually react to it. A race car driver can do it quicker, (but not much) because he's expecting an accident to happen, you aren't. This is also why texting while driving is so dangerous.

When you're driving in a pack, try to leave yourself an out... in other words, try not to let anyone stay along side you for very long. Adjust your speed and give yourself room, front, left and right. Don't worry about the tailgater, if there's an accident, it's on him for not heeding this advice lol

Watch what's going on as far forward as possible, and keep your eyes moving... when traffic comes to a stop quickly, you'll be glad you remembered this.

That's enough for now... good luck making it to old age
Old 09-27-2013, 09:37 AM   #152
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Next Lesson: ROAD RAGE...or... "Why did that driver just shoot me???"

Old 09-27-2013, 03:44 PM   #153
TheAviator

Drives: 2012 Black Camaro 1LT
I don't care how rich I get, I will never ever buy my daughter a sports car. I really don't get that at all. And I'm also talking after 18 into their 20s. Is it some kind of prestige thing or something? I"m so rich I can afford to buy even my kids nice sports cars? I don't get it at all. Unless maybe the parents hate the kids and hope they get into a firey crash and die
Old 09-27-2013, 11:11 PM   #154
1chasingspeed

Drives: a6 yellow 2ss/rs
Land tanks??? You must be kidding?
1chasingspeed is offline   Reply With Quote