Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-31-2013, 03:07 PM   #1
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
An Invitation from the Henry/Settlemire Families

(Moderators - if you would please leave this in the General Forums section for 48 hours and then move to appropriate spot...thanks!)

An Invitation from the Henry/Settlemire Family.

Cars have always been a passion in our family.

Our Great-Grandfather, T.G. Henry in addition to Engineering a Steam Engine on the Baltimore and Ohio Railroad for over 50 years – built his Service Station and General Store in the small town of Callery, Pennsylvania, wayyyyyy back in 1922.

T.G. strongly believed that providing great service and reasonably priced goods to his community would benefit both the Henry Family and the community at large.

Our Grandfather, C. C. Henry ran “Henry’s” from 1922 to 1959 – at which time he retired and became a fixture in his son, Thomas B. Henry's Chevrolet Dealership in nearby Bakerstown.

Shortly thereafter, Dale Settlemire (Tom’s Brother-in-Law and high-school friend) sold his Plumbing and Heating Business and entered the Automobile business as well – becoming a Partner in Tom Henry Jeep as well as Bob and Dale Chevrolet.

Both Tom and Dale saw themselves as proof of the “American Dream.” They served in World War II – came back and worked hard, and were proud to represent Chevrolet and everything that "America's Brand" stands for.

They felt that it was important to take care of customers: “A Promise Made is a Promise Kept.”

We are truly blessed to have had the privilege of growing up in our Fathers’ three Chevrolet Dealerships ( Bakerstown, and in the past: Blairsville, and Emlenton )– which allowed us to watch as the Camaro ‘Roared to Life’ in the fall of 1966.

Since then, anything with a Bowtie on the Grille and a high performance engine has had us mesmerized.

Each year, we celebrate the Camaro and Firebird by hosting a “PACE Camaro/ Tom Henry Chevrolet Cruise to Mars.”

We do this for a few reasons:

First – it’s a way to celebrate these great legendary automobiles.

Second, it’s a way to say “Thank You” to our many friends and customers over the years.

Third, it allows us to share our family heritage…..and honor those who came before us…..

And Fourth: IT’S GREAT FUN being with our fellow Camaro and Firebird Enthusiasts!

This year, once again, PACE (Pittsburgh Area Camaro Enthusiasts) and Tom Henry Chevrolet “Cruise to Mars” will be held on

>>>>>>Saturday, July 20th<<<<<<<<

We invite you to the BRAND NEW Tom Henry Chevrolet facility located at 5886Route 8 in Bakerstown, Pennsylvania to display your Camaro or Firebird throughout the day, and have a great time with like-minded enthusiasts. At 4:30 we’ll line up and cruise to a special location that has great meaning to us:

Liza Beers was our Great Great Grandmother. She was given a Civil War Land Grant in the rolling hills of Butler County, Pennsylvania -- and it's been in the family ever since. This property was lovingly cared for by our Grandfather and our Great-Aunts and Great-Uncles for many years.

On this property now stands a building that holds much of our memorabilia -- its intent has always been to provide a place of relaxation and to entertain friends and business associates -- and Camaro Comrades and Firebird Friends!

This building stands nearby the foundation ‘ruins’ of Grandma Liza’s farmhouse -- and it serves as a reminder of our heritage – and how fortunate we are to have experienced many, many years of Chevrolet History.

We’d love to have you join us – it may be a rural and rustic setting, but we love it and we hope you will, too. We’ll provide a great BBQ picnic and it will allow us to enjoy each others’ company.

(and frankly, there’s nothing quite like hearing all of those small block V8s – and a few big blocks as well – rumbling thru the valley as Camaros and Firebirds arrive in the “lower 40 acres.”)

You can go here for more information on the event:

www.pacecamaro.net

FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO ARRIVE ON FRIDAY -- we invite you to join the fun at the Pittsburgh Mills Car Cruise - Friday evening from 5 to 9. Details can be seen on www.carcruises.com There's a D.J., lots of restaurants, and of course, the Pittsburgh Mills Shopping Mall which features many stores such as Macy's, Barnes and Noble, etc. -- plus a food court.
Pittsburgh Mills is east on the Pennsylvania Turnpike.....

We know your time is valuable – and we hope that IF you are able to join us, that you’ll have a great weekend with old friends and hopefully make some new ones!

Would you please do us the favor of posting on this thread if you WILL BE ATTENDING – and the number of people who will accompany you?

(We need to know how much food to prepare….)

In Camaro Comradeship and Firebird Friendship:
We are:

Thomas G. Henry – President, Tom Henry Chevrolet, Inc and Tom Henry Racing

Sue Henry-Scott – Secretary-Treasurer – Tom Henry Chevrolet, Inc.

Scott Settlemire

P.S. We recommend a couple of hotels nearby -

Pittsburgh Marriott North
100 Cranberry Woods Drive
Cranberry Township,PA

Courtyard Marriott Pittsburgh North/Cranberry Woods
150 Cranberry Woods Drive
Cranberry Township, PA

Hilton Garden Inn Pittsburgh/Cranberry
2000 Garden View Lane
Cranberry Township, PA

Last edited by fbodfather; 06-04-2013 at 05:49 AM.
fbodfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 03:19 PM   #2
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
Past and present

Our Great-Aunt Edith and Great Grandmother Luella Beers Henry circa 1922 in front of the first "Henry's Store" in Callery Junction, Pennsylvania - note the superstructure of their new building going up in the background.....

And of course, the new home of Tom Henry Chevrolet in Bakerstown --
Attached Images

Old 05-31-2013, 03:25 PM   #3
jake2212

Drives: none (yet)
oh man i wish i was still back home in pittsburgh, i'd love to go to this
jake2212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 03:30 PM   #4
2012-1822

Drives: Black ZL1
That's pretty awesome of ya'll to do this
Old 05-31-2013, 03:35 PM   #5
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Can we still come even if we don't have a camaro?
Old 05-31-2013, 03:40 PM   #6
Zl1 #586

Drives: 2016 Z06/07
that looks like a very good time
To all that can be there, share some pics with the less fortunate.
Attached Images

Zl1 #586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 03:55 PM   #7
Swacer

Drives: 2018 GT350
Kayla and I will be there Scott. See ya then
Old 05-31-2013, 09:26 PM   #8
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
Dang! Every year it makes me sad that I can't go to this event. Maybe one of these years I will be able to make it. So....................Yeah, someone post up lots of pics!
Old 05-31-2013, 11:35 PM   #9
Blk-Ice
750HP of Twisted Reaper!

Drives: Blk 2SS/Blk Carb Fibr NS-1 stripes
Wish I was closer!
Old 06-01-2013, 08:11 AM   #10
StangKiller-SS

Drives: GM products
Would have loved to be able to go to the event this year, but will plan on doing it next year. Sounds like a great time.
StangKiller-SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 09:43 AM   #11
heRS
Raised by Wolves

Drives: IBM 2010 2LT RS M6
I'd love to join you but PA is a bit much of a cruise for me. I am looking forward to meeting you at Sturgis this month though!

heRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 01:18 PM   #12
richpen

Drives: 2010 2SS bone stock
This sounds like a lot of fun. Having been born and raised in Pa. I have made my home in Az. since 1978. I may just drive the Camaro across country to join you. It would no longer be a garage queen.
richpen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 02:13 PM   #13
el ess A
Older Than Dirt

Drives: 2010 & 2013 Camaros
Wha wha what? Oh man that would be so cool!

Unfortunately, we've got a beach house rented in Floridia starting that very day!

Take lotsa pics!!

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=26108&dateline=142898  4774
el ess A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 03:23 PM   #14
rocketman 12
SOON.........

Drives: 2010 ABM SS/RS Z-281LE
My wife and I were fortunate enough to be able to participate in this two years ago while on vacation. It was INCREDIBLE! If anybody is on the fence about going.....DO IT! Very cool experience!