Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 01-25-2010, 02:29 PM   #15
mwt18

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Have a laugh at this.... http://www.autopia.org/forum/car-det...-released.html
mwt18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 03:03 PM   #16
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexus6 View Post
and I hope you are not calling the Zaino blonde towels microfiber.Because if you are, your word will mean nothing,it will just be something to laugh at.
The Zaino blonde towels are indeed Microfiber. Look at the bag the come in sometime.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 03:10 PM   #17
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwt18 View Post
The final marketing gimmick that the Zaino's use is that they exclusively sell this towel. This too is absolutely not true.
Blonde towel: http://www.autogeek.net/all-purpose-towels-3.html
White towel: http://www.autogeek.net/cobra-teal-e...ber-cloth.html
I gotta agree with Nexus on this part though. Zaino is the only people who make those towels and are manufactured just for Zaino. You can buy them on other sites for more but they all have the Zaino brand on the tag.

The towels from auto geek you linked are nothing like the Zaino towels. Those are the cheap rough microfiber towels like the ones you can find in most dollar stores.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 04:18 PM   #18
Moose

Drives: '99 Camaro SS #1392
OK...I just went into my "stock supply" and looked closely at the blonde towels I purchased and have not yet opened;

- Nowhere does the word "microfiber" appear
- "Made in the USA of American and imported raw materials. Developed, processed, inspected, and packaged in the USA. Country of Origin: United States of America."

And for those who are asking, here are the care instructions;

- These towels have been prewashed during the inspection process and may be used immediately, however some light linting may exist until subsequent washings.

- Use the Zaino Blonde Towel folded in quarters so you'll have 8 clean surfaces.

- Frequently shake the towel to help dislodge any imbedded debris.

- Never apply lots of pressure when using any towel.

- Laundry separately in warm water using liquid detergent.

- Use a second rinse cycle to thoroughly rinse away detergents.

- Do not use bleach or softeners. Air or tumble dry. Do not iron.

- Inspect the fabric of your towels frequently for any staining or debris.

- As this towel was manufactured using a unique non-hemmed edge, some fraying may occur and may be trimmed with scissors.
Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 06:52 PM   #19
NAHURRY
Love's to Detail

Drives: 2010 SS,97silverado/08crewcab
I've honestly been thinking they were micro-fiber too (blonde towel).
I E-mailed Sal about this and will let yall know what he say's.
Old 01-25-2010, 07:16 PM   #20
mwt18

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Draco View Post
The towels from auto geek you linked are nothing like the Zaino towels. Those are the cheap rough microfiber towels like the ones you can find in most dollar stores.
Nah.. Cobra towels are top of the line.. Just like the Zaino towels. I use both and they are nearly identical.

As for the MF vs. cotton debate, this is the most informative article out there, IMO. The fact of the matter is microfiber has a lot of benefits over cotton, but in the end it all boils down to the weave pattern. And, certain weaves are better for certain applications. This is the reasoning behind the Zaino's introducing another towel.
mwt18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 07:21 PM   #21
crazz28

Drives: '10 Camaro SS/RS, '10 GMC Sierra
Zaino Canada doesn't have them listed yet from what I can see.....I guess I'll just have to wait a little longer.
Old 01-25-2010, 07:46 PM   #22
Moose

It all comes back to personal preference.

Use what works best for you and what you prefer. I only posted this to make those who prefer Zaino aware of another product they're offering.

Ed
Old 01-25-2010, 10:20 PM   #23
2LTRS
Detailing Connoisseur

Drives: 2010 Rally Yellow 2LT RS
Never used a Zaino towel, but I can confirm the Cobra microfiber's are top of the line - they are all I use.
Old 01-27-2010, 12:35 PM   #24
Moose

Well folks, just as an update;

I received the "white towels" yesterday. And to be completely 100% honest, I'm not impressed. :(

Thats not to say they are not a good product, nor to defame Zaino and their other products in any way...I still LOVE their polishes and will continue to use and recommend them to everyone.

I still think Zaino is one of the best companies who offers some of the best products out there and I have no hesitation in using them on any of my cars. But the "white towels" left me a little disappointed. :(

Just wanted to let everyone know in order to give them the opportunity to look at other avenues for towels.

And FWIW, the "blonde towels"....I'm VERY happy with them.

Ed
Old 01-27-2010, 08:08 PM   #25
NAHURRY
Love's to Detail

Drives: 2010 SS,97silverado/08crewcab
^^^ Thanks Moose...I was just reading on Autopia yesterday,and some of the guys said the same thing ..
Old 01-27-2010, 08:59 PM   #26
Moose

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAHURRY View Post
^^^ Thanks Moose...I was just reading on Autopia yesterday,and some of the guys said the same thing ..
My pleasure to help my extended family anytime!

I love Zaino and their products, but when I come across a product that, IMO, doesn't live up to the hype, I like to share it with you all.
Old 01-27-2010, 11:41 PM   #27
OBSSEST

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS, Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose View Post
My pleasure to help my extended family anytime!

I love Zaino and their products, but when I come across a product that, IMO, doesn't live up to the hype, I like to share it with you all.
Moose: I'm so relieved. I thought for sure you worked for Z bros. or got some sort of kick back from them. Now I know better.

Towels are my passion/obsession lately. I'm loving the feel of Microfiber but my results have been hit and miss lately, especially with linting issues.

A waffle weave microfiber is the best drying towel out there, anyone who says otherwise is smoking crack or trying to sell you something else. This type of weave never lints and soaks up water like crazy. The Cobra Guzzler waffle weave is ecstacy.

However, I haven't found a consistently good towel for quick detailing that doesn't lint. I got some Cobra 530's and special gold towels that lint like crazy. Autogeek was great and sent me some replacements of the Cobra lavendar colored Super Plush Deluxe 600 towels. My first QD with them out of the box today was pure pleasure, lint free, and so soft you want to sleep on them.

They are in the wash as we speak so hopefully I don't activate the lint monster somehow.
OBSSEST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 08:40 AM   #28
Moose

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanandGreen View Post
Moose: I'm so relieved. I thought for sure you worked for Z bros. or got some sort of kick back from them. Now I know better.
Nah, I don't receive any kickbacks nor do I work for Zaino.

But as I stated previously, I LOVE their products and the results achieved by using them.

But when a product does not meet my "criteria" (NOT claiming to be an expert) I'll say so.

Ed