Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 01-15-2010, 09:48 PM   #57
Junkman2008
"Detailing Devil Dog"

Drives: 2001 Corvette Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by promod55 View Post
WHAT FLAG????????????????????

Junkman2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 09:53 PM   #58
CAM MAN

Drives: ALL 5 GEN CAMAROS
I just cleaned mine
Attached Images

CAM MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 07:44 PM   #59
drtwo

Drives: 2SS RS Yellow, Raptor, Vrod
does the buttery wax have good endurance or does it need to be applied frequently
Old 01-24-2010, 07:47 PM   #60
Junkman2008
"Detailing Devil Dog"

Quote:
Originally Posted by drtwo View Post
does the buttery wax have good endurance or does it need to be applied frequently
It needs to be applied more frequently than the Americana or the Machine Superwax.

Old 01-24-2010, 08:01 PM   #61
2LTRS
Detailing Connoisseur

Drives: 2010 Rally Yellow 2LT RS
I put a coat of Americana on my yellow two weeks ago after attending a adams demo @ stillen in costa mesa; we just had 5 days / 8inches of rain here, I washed it today (dried with some adams spray detailer) and it looks as good as it did the day I waxed it 2 wks ago. Almost any other wax i've used put up against the conditions we just had would have needed to have been re-applied. Kudos to adam's, this Americana has truly impressed me.

Too bad the weather cracked my windshield new one gets installed thursday - $500 of adams products i could have bought
Old 01-24-2010, 08:04 PM   #62
Junkman2008
"Detailing Devil Dog"

Yeowsa!!! Sympathies to you man!

That Americana is some good stuff! That's mainly what I use.

Old 01-24-2010, 09:05 PM   #63
NJSS

Drives: 2010 2SS RS - Inferno Orange 6 spd
I have tried 'em all. Zaino removed some swirl marks from a black car of mine and I am hooked. It is easier to use than any polish I have tried so far. Just my personal opinion!
Old 01-25-2010, 07:55 PM   #64
NAHURRY
Love's to Detail

Drives: 2010 SS,97silverado/08crewcab
^^^ Good gosh, now that looks good! Very good clarity without all that bling..I bet that paint is even older than the blue vette above....
Old 01-25-2010, 08:17 PM   #65
drtwo

Anyone use the Turtle Wax Paste? NOT liquid? Does it also go on without residue?

Is the Adams buttery wax have a lasting finish?
Old 01-25-2010, 10:10 PM   #66
2LTRS
Detailing Connoisseur

Quote:
Anyone use the Turtle Wax Paste? NOT liquid? Does it also go on without residue?

I have used the ICE paste, it goes on easy, a bit tough to take off and it does leave a residue. I don't see a difference in protection between the ice paste and liquid. The liquid is super easy on and off, its great for quick protection.

The buttery wax seems to last well, but I always top it with a coat of Americana. Americana is a harder more durable wax than the buttery.

1 Jar of Americana will last years and years!
Old 01-26-2010, 12:32 AM   #67
Junkman2008
"Detailing Devil Dog"

Quote:

An OTC product like Turtle Wax in this discussion would be like trying to stick a Hyundai in a selection between a Cadillac CTS Coupe and a Mercedes SL-600. It is nowhere near the same caliber.

Buttery wax does last but you must take into consideration the elements you are exposing the car to. A car protected with wax of any kind that sits outside in all of the elements all day long is going to need to be treated much more often than a car in a garage, covered and only driven on nice days. For someone to think that any protection is going to last the same amount of time on both cars is just not using common sense

Buttery Wax goes on easy and comes off fast. The depth you will find once you have corrected your paint will not be disturbed once you lay "the buttah" as I like to call it. It's a really easy decision as it is used by a ton of people who are extremely happy with it and always stock up with it at our shows. Here's a hood that I rescued at Hot August Nights last year. I love putting that final coat of wax on a large flat area like a classic car has. It will show you major love when done right. Not a scratch on this baby. Notice how perfect the sunburst are.

Last edited by Junkman2008; 01-26-2010 at 12:01 PM.
Old 01-26-2010, 06:50 PM   #68
drtwo

I think I would probably disagree that OTC products are no good. I've now done ooodles of 'research' and to be honest, products like Zaino are seem very over valued for the money you spend. People seem to buy it because it is more expensive and expect that it is going to be much better than Meguire's, or Tutle Ice or Adams. I don't think that holds water.

I'm sure that Zaino, etc.. are good products, but most waxes and polishes are made from the same stuff. The same goes for clay bars. I'm sure that people that buy zaino love it and will defend spending as much as they did because "why would anyone not spend the most money on their car". But, if you put two cars side by side in a car show, no one would be able to tell that you used Tutle wax or Zaino. I've went to Mustang forums, Charger forums and they agree with what I just said.

Zaino is not unique. It's apparently just popular in this forum but I'm not willing to follow the sheep off the cliff to over spend to get the same result---> a clean car that shines and is protected. I will guarantee that by Spring, I will be able to spend $40 and have as good a shine as anyone who spends $200. And it will probably last longer! The point of this thread was to find alternatives to the overly expensive 'fad' products and find what works that may be available at any local store.

Again, I'm sure that the expensive products are good, but not really necessary.

Last edited by drtwo; 01-26-2010 at 07:33 PM.
drtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 08:22 PM   #69
Junkman2008
"Detailing Devil Dog"

There's a lot of truth in what you say.

Old 01-26-2010, 09:33 PM   #70
2LTRS
Detailing Connoisseur

Quote:
I think I would probably disagree that OTC products are no good. I've now done ooodles of 'research' and to be honest, products like Zaino are seem very over valued for the money you spend. People seem to buy it because it is more expensive and expect that it is going to be much better than Meguire's, or Tutle Ice or Adams. I don't think that holds water.

I'm sure that Zaino, etc.. are good products, but most waxes and polishes are made from the same stuff. The same goes for clay bars. I'm sure that people that buy zaino love it and will defend spending as much as they did because "why would anyone not spend the most money on their car". But, if you put two cars side by side in a car show, no one would be able to tell that you used Tutle wax or Zaino. I've went to Mustang forums, Charger forums and they agree with what I just said.

Zaino is not unique. It's apparently just popular in this forum but I'm not willing to follow the sheep off the cliff to over spend to get the same result---> a clean car that shines and is protected. I will guarantee that by Spring, I will be able to spend $40 and have as good a shine as anyone who spends $200. And it will probably last longer! The point of this thread was to find alternatives to the overly expensive 'fad' products and find what works that may be available at any local store.

Again, I'm sure that the expensive products are good, but not really necessary.
Agreed. Hope we don't get flamed by the Zaino-ites!