Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 12-22-2009, 04:22 PM   #1
kutch720

Drives: Camaro 1LT RS
Zaino question

OK, so I have been doing research on the Zaino product and it looks amazing. Seems like alot of time and work for the product to work properly. I have also looked Zymol wax. This stuff also looks to be good. I pretty musch narrowed down between these two products. They both look to do an amazing job bringing out the true color of the car. Any first hand knowledge on the products would be great.
kutch720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 04:53 PM   #2
Moose

Drives: '99 Camaro SS #1392
Quote:
Originally Posted by kutch720 View Post
OK, so I have been doing research on the Zaino product and it looks amazing. Seems like alot of time and work for the product to work properly. I have also looked Zymol wax. This stuff also looks to be good. I pretty musch narrowed down between these two products. They both look to do an amazing job bringing out the true color of the car. Any first hand knowledge on the products would be great.
I've been using Zaino for over 10 years now. You will get alot of opinions on different products, but for my money, its Zaino.

Contrary to what a few may say, as well as the numerous directions/tips on Zaino's website, it truly is very easy to use. The only concern I see is your location as Zaino is "temperature sensitive", ie; colder temps. = longer drying times.

Its a great product IMO, and if you choose Zaino and have any questions, please post here or PM me and I'll be glad to help.

Ed
Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 05:24 PM   #3
kutch720

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose View Post
I've been using Zaino for over 10 years now. You will get alot of opinions on different products, but for my money, its Zaino.

Contrary to what a few may say, as well as the numerous directions/tips on Zaino's website, it truly is very easy to use. The only concern I see is your location as Zaino is "temperature sensitive", ie; colder temps. = longer drying times.

Its a great product IMO, and if you choose Zaino and have any questions, please post here or PM me and I'll be glad to help.

Ed
I did read that, but they have a new product that helps the cure time. Which is pretty cool. I understand that there would be alot of opinions that is why I narrowed it down to 2 products and not everything out there.
Old 12-22-2009, 10:02 PM   #4
Moose

Quote:
I did read that, but they have a new product that helps the cure time. Which is pretty cool. I understand that there would be alot of opinions that is why I narrowed it down to 2 products and not everything out there.
Yep. Zaino offers ZFX which will help alot in the drying process.
Old 12-23-2009, 11:19 AM   #5
beowulf80

Drives: 2010 2SS / RS MT, IBM
I'm a big fan of the Zaino. I'll be the first to admit that there are alot of very specific steps to using Zaino that are different than the "traditional" methods we've all picked up over the years. However, once you've done the process once or twice it all makes sense and really speeds up from there.

ZFX is some good stuff, and I use it every time. It makes the cure time much faster and thus multiple coats far more practical. But cure time and dry time are two different things. I don't know that it speeds up drying time significantly. Any experience with this Ed (Moose)?

I can't overstate that if you're used to traditional paste waxes, or even liquid waxes you'll be amazed at how little Zaino Z2 or Z5 you actually are supposed to use. 3/4 oz. to 1oz is more than enough for an entire coat.
beowulf80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 12:04 PM   #6
Moose

Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf80 View Post
But cure time and dry time are two different things. I don't know that it speeds up drying time significantly. Any experience with this Ed (Moose)?
I should have been more specific.

Even using ZFX, I allow at least (even in warm temps.) half an hour before removing a coat of Zaino.

The "drying" and "curing" process are both quickened using ZFX.

This is taken directly from Zaino's site;

With any surface wax or sealant, there are proper dry time and cure times. The product simply isn’t ready for successive applications of product until the wax or sealant is dry and cured. ZFX accelerates both.

Hope that helped?

Ed
Old 12-23-2009, 12:11 PM   #7
camaro_eddie
Boomer Sooner

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS SIM
I used it after doing a ton of research and getting great tips off of here... escpecially from Ed. I loved it and although there are lots of steps it is easy to use just takes time and the end result is well worth it.
camaro_eddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 05:13 PM   #8
NAHURRY
Love's to Detail

Drives: 2010 SS,97silverado/08crewcab
Quote:
It pretty much comes down to what look your going far..Zymol is a carnauba
wax...Zaino is a sealant.A carnauba will give you a wetter look, a sealant
will give you a bright reflective look..If you dont like to wax often, get the
sealant (ZAINO),they can last up to 6 months when a carnauba will only get
you 1or 2.

Here's some good post of a Canauba vs Sealant http://www.autopia.org/forum/car-det...le-advice.html.....Alot of these guys do detailing for a living.
NAHURRY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 09:21 PM   #9
kutch720

I think I am going with the Zaino. I am sure this is the protection I want with the great look. Thanks for everyones input. Merry Christmas.
Old 12-27-2009, 12:54 AM   #10
SummoneR
Paul

Drives: '10 2SS/RS M6 "Marauder"
Send a message via Yahoo to SummoneR
Quote:
I think I am going with the Zaino. I am sure this is the protection I want with the great look. Thanks for everyones input. Merry Christmas.
Thanks Kutch for the question I think my mind is made up now too. For sure, I had wavered back and forth between Zaino and others. Thanks again.
Old 12-27-2009, 05:31 PM   #11
tones2SS

Drives: '13 Roush S3 '16 Ram Sport 4X4
Thumbs up

Actually, the only product I use on my vehicles is the Z-AIO All In One! Works killer.
Here is the link, if interested; http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/...roduct_Count=5
tones2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 05:54 PM   #12
chozn4service

Drives: 2016 SS w/2SS A8 Blue Velvet
I've been using Zaino for some time now and it's the best. I used it on my Honda Element which was Tango Red Pearl and now on Red Jewel Tintcoat. When I brought the C5 home on Dec.5th I put Zaino on and it looks totally different in it's richness.
I use Z5 Pro, the CS Clear Seal, the ZFX flash curring and the Grand Finale Spray Seal. I also got some of their polishing cloths as I've found nothing softer or better.
I think if you use Zaino you will be completely satisfied with the product. Also if you have any questions, I've found that Sal Zaino willl get back to you immediately with information to help you with questions. It can be as simple as telling him what color your car is and the protection you would like or what you want to do or have it look.
Hope all this helps and I 2nd all the prvious posters who use Z car products. We're all sitting on the same pew.
chozn4service is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 02:31 PM   #13
OBSSEST

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS, Black
QUESTION: Even if you follow all the rules for dusting/washing your car, you are bound to have some swirls or scratches after 6 months or so.

With Zaino, are you guys just adding more coats at that point to fill in the imperfections, or do you do correct defects with a PC and then start your layers over again?
OBSSEST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 02:42 PM   #14
Moose

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanandGreen View Post
QUESTION: Even if you follow all the rules for dusting/washing your car, you are bound to have some swirls or scratches after 6 months or so.

With Zaino, are you guys just adding more coats at that point to fill in the imperfections, or do you do correct defects with a PC and then start your layers over again?
I've been a Zaino user for over 10 years, and for any swirls, either "new" or "reappearing", I've applied a coat of Z-5, checked the results, and added more coats as necessary. I will then finish by using Z-2.

I also apply Zaino by hand only. Using the random-orbital wastes too much product.

Ed