Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-07-2012, 08:09 AM   #1
45SS

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary Camaro SS
Total Disrespect!!!

After parking in Boonies, aka BFE, at the WalMart parking lot, as most of you probably do, (door ding / damage prevention technique) I return to my sled after shopping to discover my ride, still parked in it's lonly spot by itself, as I left it, but now there is a shopping cart "snuggled up" to my passenger door, one(1) inch away. Then.............Wait for it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I discovered the "dent" and "paint gouges" on my passenger quarter. My ride is a 2012 45th Anniversary SS (previously flawless condition). Why the disprespect? Still trying to make sence of it. Total Disrespect!!!!!!!! Offering a $1,000,000,000 reward for who is responsible! Not really! Help me cope!
45SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 08:23 AM   #2
clg_98ta

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Very sorry to hear that this happen, despite your best interests.

For some reason, these cars are a magnet for mindless soccer moms, social misfits and just general idiots to take out their bottled up aggression upon. If you're car was covered in dirt and you wedged in between a minivan and a SUV, you would not be a target... you'd only have carelessness to worry about. Keeping your car nice and parking away from others shows you care - which seems to motivate some people to f*** with you.

clg_98ta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 08:35 AM   #3
midnighter
Account Suspended

Drives: nothing
Walmart parking lots and Camaros don't mix.
midnighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 08:36 AM   #4
RollaMo

Drives: 2017 2SS
No matter what you do to prevent it, parking your car in a Wal Mart parking lot is a recipe for disaster.

99.9% of the people parking there don't give a crap about their own car, let alone one belonging to somebody else.
Just take a good look around next time your there. How many nice cars do you see?
How many shopping carts scattered about the lot?

Sometime parking away from everyone helps, but make sure your not "downhill" from the everyone. Cause they'll just let the cart go, and it will roll all the way across the lot to your car.
2015 Harley Davidson Ultra Limited
RollaMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 08:39 AM   #5
strych9
I'll be back...

Drives: Subaru, HD Road Glide Special
Was it windy that day? Maybe one of the mindless shoppers left a cart loose and the wind took it over to your car.

I see them all the time. My son and I always corral them up on the way into the store. Lazy f**kin' idiots.
Old 11-07-2012, 08:39 AM   #6
Scalded Dog

Drives: 2011 1LT
Thank your lucky stars that you were not in a parking lot back when I was an evil teenager. My friends and I had all kinds of fun times by going out to a parking lot, and setting a shopping cart in front of my car... then I'd accelerate, and get that thing up to 20, 30, even 40 MPH, depending on the size of the parking lot. Hit the brakes, and watch a 40 MPH shopping hit a curb or a wall. Occasionally, it would tumble before self- destructing, but often, it simply disintigrated upon impact. Hey, we were teens, in a town where drinking was about all there was to do... never hit a car, but came damn close a few times. Yes, I've had 25 years to seek atonement for my sins.
Scalded Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 08:40 AM   #7
stray bullitt

Drives: Bentley Continental GT.
Sorry to hear stories like that. It's enough to piss off a priest. Some jealous low life must have taken the trouble to shove the cart from a distance into your car by the sound of it. I have often tried to fathom out what makes a vandal tick, but I fail every time.
When I was at school in the 60s/70s we were taught to be aspirational, and respectful to others. Therefore if we saw a nice motor in a car park, we'd think, one day I'll work hard enough to buy one of those.
Sadly society has broken down, even in polite little old England.
stray bullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 08:40 AM   #8
jntjohnson

Drives: 2011 SS CAMARO
That is horrible! Hasn't happened to my Camaro, but they did that to my truck....no one around it for a very good distance, came back to find a cart against the driver side door........dents and paint missing, and yes, this was in a walmart parking lot.
jntjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 08:41 AM   #9
5150 Maro

Drives: 2018 ZL1
My 45th refuses to enter the parking lot at Wally World.........I have to take the 10 yr old Silverado P/U truck!
5150 Maro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 08:42 AM   #10
MEDISIN

Drives: 2011 CTS-V Sedan
If some great misfortune should befall you and you find it necessary to enter a Wal-Mart parking lot, your best bet is to park uphill as far from everything as possible. Preferably next to a curb or other natural barrier. Some people are just absent minded and don't secure carts properly after use. The wind, the slope of the hill, another cart bumping into it can jar it lose and send it on a path to destruction.

I sometimes make a full circle of a parking lot before choosing the "safest" spot to park.

"Not giving a f*^k is truly the greatest luxury, and no luxury car gives fewer f*^k's than a CTS-V." - Matt Hardigree
MEDISIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 08:43 AM   #11
linkwpc
The punching cat

Drives: '10 Camaro SS Black W/Hugger&W/IOI
Quote:
Originally Posted by midnighter View Post
Walmart parking lots and Camaros don't mix.
Never!
Old 11-07-2012, 08:44 AM   #12
davidcroft
Sellin Chevy's since '06

Drives: 18ZL1 02Z-28
It's expensive, but after my 3rd door ding (luckily all of them popped out from a good guy in the biz) I bought a daily driver for such errands. You can find Chevy Malibus for cheap,they are 4 bangers and ride real smooth.
SOLD! '18 ZL1 Mosiac Blk
SOLD!'16 SS Sedan-Forgestars/ARH/rotofab
TRADED!2014 SS Sedan
SOLD! 2013 Blue Ray1SS/1LE 1of20.
TRADED! 2012 White 1SS/RS
davidcroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 08:44 AM   #13
DRKS1D3

Drives: '17 Corvette Grand Sport M7
"I hate people who have more money than me...watch this! Damn rich bastards!!!" (Cart goes sailing into your door)

**SOLD**2011 TRIPLE BLACK SS CONVERTIBLE--6 SPEED MANUAL, MANY MODS, 455 RWHP/435 RWTQ

DAD'S RIDE: 2012 ZL1 #1866--BLACK, 6 SPEED MANUAL, EXPOSED CF HOOD, POLISHED WHEELS, SUNROOF, ROTO-FAB INTAKE

"Silly Americans, taking from the rich and giving to the poor only works in fairy tales. Success is earned here!".
DRKS1D3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 08:44 AM   #14
zrc

Drives: Can-Am Spyder, Mazda 6
Walmart has security cameras everywhere, I would demand to see how my vehicle was damaged. However, in my personal attempts to avoid this issue, I just dont go to walmart. I would rather pay more and have some piece of mind and not have to deal with the scum of society that cares nothing for themselves, their things, and others. Not all walmart goes are this way, but a good percentage are, so I prefer to pay more elsewhere. I will pay more for better clients and more respect, both in the parking lot, and in the store.

I drive a motorcycle 99% of the time, and I have actually walked out of Walmart to people sitting on my bike. Which usually ends in threats and sometimes violence.
zrc is offline   Reply With Quote