Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-18-2018, 02:24 PM   #29
Spurshot

Drives: 2014 2SS blue
The perp should be ashamed for doing this, especially to a veteran's car. If someone that knows how would start a "go fund me" for her, I'd be in for $50 toward getting this fixed.
Old 06-19-2018, 04:27 AM   #30
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbls1 View Post
The scratch doesn't look bad. You could polish it down to nothing or even try wetsanding it. Take my advice: If you want to avoid future incidents like this then do not let the car go unsupervised. This means that you will need to have your eyes on it at all times. It may mean that you won't be able to go shopping with it or go out and eat at a fine restaurant etc. Sometimes you have to make decisions like this with certain cars. It sucks but that is the state of society in which we live in. We have a society full of jealous, hateful morons that don't have anything better to do than to cause havoc for others.
The sad part is, I always sit where I have direct sight of my car. Unfortunately.. this happened in my own driveway while I was asleep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by farm rat View Post
You guys do realize Overflow is a young lady?

Sorry about your luck darling, there are several good suggestions though.
That's why I figured I'd post it on Camaro5. So many knowledgeable people willing to help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
I f*'@king hate people that do this shit. Kids or not. We were brought up to respect things that didnt belong to us. We would have never thought to do this as kids. Someone needs egged naked while being scratched with keys in the town square.
Seriously... I get it, egging is almost a tradition.. but aren't you suppose to egg a house? Not a car! I'm so thankful I ended up being wide awake before the sun came up. It allowed me to get the eggs off before the sun hit them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoDak1LE View Post
Sorry to hear this, hopefully you can buff it out quick before the rally!
I got out the majority of it with Adam's buttery wax. But the key mark above my right headlight is too deep to get out. I'm sure you'll see it this weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingShot View Post
The big question is did this happen in your House or Apartment. The reason I ask, is if it was a house where you live it will be covered under comp. Don't know if you remember, but I had all three of my cars keyed in 2012. House insurance covered it under comp and only cost me $100 deductible per car to get fixed.
Who do you have insurance through?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelyell22 View Post
If your fingernail gets caught in the scratch, it can't be polished out and will have to be repainted. Sorry Jordan
I figured. I'm so sad! I've only had this car a month in a half.

Quote:
Originally Posted by farm rat View Post
No, everyone (almost) that replied at first was referring to her as dude, etc. She has been on the forum for a long time and I felt if people didn't know that they should.
Being on this forum for 8 years now... I've almost gotten use to being called "man".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurshot View Post
The perp should be ashamed for doing this, especially to a veteran's car. If someone that knows how would start a "go fund me" for her, I'd be in for $50 toward getting this fixed.
You are so sweet! But I will NOT let you spend your hard earned money on me!

I've convinced myself that I'll be replacing my keyed bumper with a ZL1 bumper with my tax return. When life gives you lemons, make lemonade!
Old 06-19-2018, 10:26 AM   #31
john2012camaroSS

Drives: 2012 Black SS
There are alot of haters out there. You don't necessarily have to do anything for some jackoff to vandalize your car. It looks bad but a good body guy should be able to sand that out. Don't take a chance spend a little money and have a professional do it.
john2012camaroSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 04:35 AM   #32
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by john2012camaroSS View Post
There are alot of haters out there. You don't necessarily have to do anything for some jackoff to vandalize your car. It looks bad but a good body guy should be able to sand that out. Don't take a chance spend a little money and have a professional do it.
I already took it by my body shop, the guy said the deep key mark is into the plastic. Would cost me "at least" $800 for a bumper and paint.
Old 06-20-2018, 06:21 AM   #33
john2012camaroSS

Drives: 2012 Black SS
Dropped my car at the chevy Dealership

Name:  photo 3.jpg
Views: 442
Size:  235.6 KB

Name:  photo 2.jpg
Views: 443
Size:  147.3 KB

Name:  photo.jpg
Views: 462
Size:  307.4 KB

I start work early and I needed some work done on my car at the chevy dealership so I dropped the car in the lot at 5 am. They said "it would be fine." Guess not. To get into my car they threw a brick at the driver side window bounced off and landed on my hood.. Stealership accepted no responsibility. Even worse after some detective work I found out many cars had been vandalized.
john2012camaroSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 08:12 AM   #34
lbls1

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS SOM; 2015 Malibu LTZ
Quote:
Attachment 941906

Attachment 941907

Attachment 941908

I start work early and I needed some work done on my car at the chevy dealership so I dropped the car in the lot at 5 am. They said "it would be fine." Guess not. To get into my car they threw a brick at the driver side window bounced off and landed on my hood.. Stealership accepted no responsibility. Even worse after some detective work I found out many cars had been vandalized.
Accepted no responsibility???? That dealer would not like me afterwards. They would rather cough up the money and fix my car than to be in court. I'd sue their asses raw if they tried that on me.

'14 CAMARO ZL1 Blue Ray Metallic
lbls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 08:14 AM   #35
Junior

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS A6 AGM
Send a message via Skype™ to Junior
Quote:

If the dealership accepted no responsibility, there may be a few things you can do to help your insurance company find them liable...assuming you have full coverage. You've already done some good detective work. If many cars are vandalized there, did the dealership take steps to mitigate this kind of trouble? Are there cameras, lights, etc.? Depending on their history, and current security, they could be found liable. I wouldn't give up just yet, though it is tough in your situation having dropped it off. Footage of the vandals would help.
Junior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 08:16 AM   #36
farm rat

Drives: 2011 Vistory Red 1LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbls1 View Post
Accepted no responsibility???? That dealer would not like me afterwards. They would rather cough up the money and fix my car than to be in court. I'd sue their asses raw if they tried that on me.
THIS!!! I would fuking own the dealership!!!

2011 1LS M6 Victory Red

Sold
1967 Coupe Green and White
1969 SS 396 Hugger Orange
1969 Z/28 All original White with deluxe interior
1970 RS Blue
1978 Coupe Fugly Green
1978 WS-6 Trans-Am Factory 4 speed
1985 IROC-Z Red
farm rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 08:32 AM   #37
UBB

Drives: 2018 ZL1
Sorry Overflow. Just reaffirmation why I dislike humans so much! I'd have to have a security camera installed if i couldn't park in a garage.
UBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 02:47 PM   #38
gringo
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro V6
Quote:
Attachment 941906

Attachment 941907

Attachment 941908

They stole your wheels too? Dang, that's bad. What kind of thug dealership is that?
gringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 07:45 PM   #39
CamaroFred

Drives: Miss Con Ception
Security cameras and recorders are so inexpensive these days that it is hard to comprehend how the dealer's insurance didn't require them. They can send e-mails or texts when motion is detected. This is decades old technology.
Old 06-20-2018, 11:34 PM   #40
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by UBB View Post
Sorry Overflow. Just reaffirmation why I dislike humans so much! I'd have to have a security camera installed if i couldn't park in a garage.
I didn't want it to come to this.. but I know that you're right..