Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 03-01-2011, 12:08 AM   #1
103FrazzL

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS M6
ARH Longtubes install

I just finished installing my 1 7/8 arh longtubes and i cant stop smiling when i drive! I never want to turn the car off I'm in love ( wasting a lot of gas tho lol ). ARH what an outstanding product you make i am more then impressed and it exceeded my expectations. With that being said I had already had the SLP loudmouth II axle back system on the car and the combination with the arh system it just sounds absolutely perfect. Not to loud under 2 thousand rpm's but once you start to open it up it just gets such an amazingly loud perfect note. The install took about 4 hours with 2 people (me and my buddy) doing it but could defiantly have taken less time. We had a small problem with one of the O2 sensors which was easily fixed so between that and some BS ing that took up some extra time. This system is exactly what i have been looking for in an exhaust note and really I'm just ear to ear every time i start her and drive her !!!! She did throw a code this morning omw to work and I installed them Saturday night. I was kind of expecting this and I'm contemplating a tune I'm just worried about the warranty. I know that with the arh system I'm already kinda screwed with the warranty. I gunna get you guys a video and some pics by this weekend. all the way!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-01-2011, 12:26 AM   #2
Inferno2SSRS
Jim

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Orange
Send a message via AIM to Inferno2SSRS
I plan on getting them in the next few weeks, but I'm gonna do a tune.
Old 03-01-2011, 12:37 AM   #3
103FrazzL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno2SSRS View Post
I plan on getting them in the next few weeks, but I'm gonna do a tune.
They r worth every penny!! i promise u that. who do u think ur gunna go with for the tune?
Old 03-01-2011, 08:28 AM   #4
Snake Slayer

Drives: Awaiting 2014 C7
how difficult was it to disconnect the steering shaft?
Snake Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 09:16 AM   #5
Russell James

Drives: '15 SS 1LE, '69 Z28 drag car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake Slayer View Post
That is a peice of cake. Just one little bolt, then push the shaft up and to the side. Lock the steering wheel to the brake pedal with a bungee cord to make sure nobody turns it while disconnected.

A trick to getting it back on is to use a small screw or screw driver to pry the split joint back open. Mine was real tight and a bear to get back on. I took a small screw and turned it into the split joint. This opened it up enough to get it back on.
Russell James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 11:06 AM   #6
103FrazzL

Agreed it was very easy. The hardest part was the O2 sensors. I actually had to unlock the wheel to get it to line back up. It had to go just a hair more. Once it was unlocked it slide right back into place.
Old 03-01-2011, 02:24 PM   #7
JOET638

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS
JOET638 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 02:29 PM   #8
JOET638

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 103FrazzL View Post
I just finished installing my 1 7/8 arh longtubes and i cant stop smiling when i drive! I never want to turn the car off I'm in love ( wasting a lot of gas tho lol ). ARH what an outstanding product you make i am more then impressed and it exceeded my expectations. With that being said I had already had the SLP loudmouth II axle back system on the car and the combination with the arh system it just sounds absolutely perfect. Not to loud under 2 thousand rpm's but once you start to open it up it just gets such an amazingly loud perfect note. The install took about 4 hours with 2 people (me and my buddy) doing it but could defiantly have taken less time. We had a small problem with one of the O2 sensors which was easily fixed so between that and some BS ing that took up some extra time. This system is exactly what i have been looking for in an exhaust note and really I'm just ear to ear every time i start her and drive her !!!! She did throw a code this morning omw to work and I installed them Saturday night. I was kind of expecting this and I'm contemplating a tune I'm just worried about the warranty. I know that with the arh system I'm already kinda screwed with the warranty. I gunna get you guys a video and some pics by this weekend. all the way!!!!!!!!!!!
you got to get AHR'S mufflers. There is no drone and less cabin noise and it really finishes the system off nice.
JOET638 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 04:41 PM   #9
Inferno2SSRS
Jim

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Orange
Send a message via AIM to Inferno2SSRS
Quote:
They r worth every penny!! i promise u that. who do u think ur gunna go with for the tune?
After everything I have read, I'm gonna go with Ted Jannetty and the SCT tuner. It seems to be the best option IMO he has all great feedback, and when I have emailed him, he gets back to you right away.
Old 03-01-2011, 04:46 PM   #10
2010 2-Tone

Drives: 2010 RY 2SS with Custom Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake Slayer View Post
If you decide to go with Kooks, you don't have to worry about this.
2010 2-Tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 05:26 PM   #11
HxCGuitars

Drives: 2008 Mustang GT
Awesome! Is there any drone with the LMII out back? And any videos by chance?
HxCGuitars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 05:39 PM   #12
Josh@ARH

Drives: 2013 Corvette GS
Quote:
Thanks for your purchase and I'm glad you are happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOET638 View Post
Nice looking Camaro Joe. I'm glad you are happy with the system as well.
Josh@ARH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 11:37 PM   #13
103FrazzL

[QUOTE=HxCGuitars;2904353]Awesome! Is there any drone with the LMII out back? And any videos by chance? [/Q

Its hard to explain. The slp loudmouth II had some drone like most exhaust's at around 2 thousand rpm's or just under, but did sound good by itself. With the ARH headers and cats and the slp loudmouth it is the same drone just a little deeper or a little louder not sure yet which one (maybe both). IMHO as long as the drone isn't crazy annoying and the overall system sounds amazing ill take a little drone. Gotta have some sacrifice for the pleasure! Even my buddy with the 2010 srt8 jeep has some drone. He has the Corsa cat back system which isn't supposed to have any drone according to them and is installed correctly. Im most certainly not knocking Corsa it is a great system regardless. I'm just saying the louder the exhaust the more drone, even if minimal like Corsa.
Old 03-02-2011, 01:12 AM   #14
103FrazzL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno2SSRS View Post
After everything I have read, I'm gonna go with Ted Jannetty and the SCT tuner. It seems to be the best option IMO he has all great feedback, and when I have emailed him, he gets back to you right away.
Thanks inferno!!