Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 03-14-2011, 02:46 PM   #43
Scruffage

Drives: 2011 2ss Rs LS3 manual in black
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbie1227 View Post
Pete,
Just checking in. Its been almost 2 weeks since I installed the OE end links. I have done a lot of hard driving, and still no noise!
I am so happy you were able to solve my rattly front end. I actually get excited every time I get in my car, knowing that I will have quiet, tight, performance ride.
I am going to the road track next month, I can't wait to see the performance on the track.
Thanks again!
Any updates? Are your endlinks still quiet? Unfortunately I thought mine were quite but they pop when driving over a speed bump at and angle.
Scruffage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 02:50 PM   #44
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffage View Post
I thought mine were quite but they pop when driving over a speed bump at and angle.
Do you have Pedders endlinks? They should be OE quite. Please contact me immediately 248.522.8021!
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 06:26 PM   #45
RichJ.
Shop Owner

Drives: 1 ton silverado
Spherical Ball End links make noise. Even the teflon coated ones will eventually make noise. You can help by keeping them clean and lubing them occasionally but then the lube attracts dirt. Bottom line Spherical ball end links will at some point make noise.
RichJ. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 07:51 AM   #46
Scruffage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
Do you have Pedders endlinks? They should be OE quite. Please contact me immediately 248.522.8021!
No I do not have Pedders endlinks. I have another brand. I'm sure they are installed correctly,torqued and locktite applied. They are quiet until I "twist" if you will, the suspension by traveling over a speed bump at an angle or when approaching an incline of a driveway at an angle. I have a single popping sound in this situation. I assumed it was the endlinks but not sure.
Old 03-15-2011, 07:55 AM   #47
Scruffage

Quote:
Sorry, the way I worded my question in the earlier post may lead someone to believe I had a problem with Pedders endlinks, THAT IS NOT THE CASE. I have a competitors endlink. I just don't want to trash anyone's products by mentioning names, especially when I have not 100% identified the problem.
Old 03-15-2011, 11:48 AM   #48
JusticePete

Quote:
Sorry, the way I worded my question in the earlier post may lead someone to believe I had a problem with Pedders endlinks, THAT IS NOT THE CASE. I have a competitors endlink. I just don't want to trash anyone's products by mentioning names, especially when I have not 100% identified the problem.
Cool. Thank you for the clarification. Endlink noises for OE and aftermarket brands can frequently be solved by:

1. Squaring the joint to the mounting surface. The joint should the square to the sway bar and the strut tab. This allows the joint to work without binding. Sometimes when you tighten the bolt the entire endlink will shift out of position and create a bind. This can cause a noise or damage the endlink. Check the articulation and make sure they are correct.

2. Tighten the bolts. GM has a relatively low torque value for the endlink hardware. I really hate to type this -- make them mechanic tight. If you want to feel more sophisticated use the German torq spec Gudentight.

Let me know if this helps.
Old 03-15-2011, 12:38 PM   #49
Scruffage

Quote:
Cool. Thank you for the clarification. Endlink noises for OE and aftermarket brands can frequently be solved by:

1. Squaring the joint to the mounting surface. The joint should the square to the sway bar and the strut tab. This allows the joint to work without binding. Sometimes when you tighten the bolt the entire endlink will shift out of position and create a bind. This can cause a noise or damage the endlink. Check the articulation and make sure they are correct.

2. Tighten the bolts. GM has a relatively low torque value for the endlink hardware. I really hate to type this -- make them mechanic tight. If you want to feel more sophisticated use the German torq spec Gudentight.

Let me know if this helps.
Thanks, I was careful during installation to install them in a position that allowed for the greatest range of motion. I will re-evaluate. If I can't get this issue corrected I may have to invest in your endlinks. Just seems a shame to spend the money when mine only have a few hundred miles on them.
Old 03-15-2011, 02:12 PM   #50
JusticePete

Quote:
Thanks, I was careful during installation to install them in a position that allowed for the greatest range of motion. I will re-evaluate. If I can't get this issue corrected I may have to invest in your endlinks. Just seems a shame to spend the money when mine only have a few hundred miles on them.
Hopefully you get it sorted. If not, there is always eBay to get some of your money back.
Old 03-16-2011, 11:50 AM   #51
JusticePete

Quote:
It sounds like you have done it all right. Did tightening things up resolve your issue?
Old 03-18-2011, 08:50 AM   #52
JusticePete

When you want to have optimal performance from your OE or aftermarket sway bars yet have OE quiet function Pedders High Efficiency Endlinks are the solution.
Old 03-19-2011, 08:55 PM   #53
Scruffage

Quote:
It sounds like you have done it all right. Did tightening things up resolve your issue?
I haven't had the car out of my garage yet. Too busy.
Old 03-21-2011, 04:21 PM   #54
JusticePete

Quote:
I haven't had the car out of my garage yet. Too busy.
I can feel your pain and frustration.
Old 04-03-2011, 11:25 PM   #55
Cyber Gray
Wind Rider

Drives: ZL1 19 White; Jeep 5.7 GC 15
Is it a must to buy part, for those who run on sport sway bar and OE endlinks?
Old 08-12-2011, 05:58 PM   #56
Saving41

Drives: IBM 1SS
I just replaced another companies endlinks, while they worked as designed, I could not stand the "clank" when going over speed bumps (and yes all the bolts were torqued to spec). Very happy with the pedder's endlinks...so for me it was well worth it.

Last edited by Saving41; 08-12-2011 at 06:00 PM. Reason: spelling
Saving41 is offline   Reply With Quote