Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 01-06-2014, 02:59 PM   #1
SKYFALL

Drives: 2011 CGM LT
Stuck in the Quiznos Parking Lot for 30 Mins

Let me begin by saying I love my car. It's awesome. But does it suck in the snow.

I know Camaro's aren't meant to take on a blizzard, but like any rear wheel drive car, it has its challenges. It snowed in CO a few days ago and the major roads were clear today. I decided to run some errands and stop by Quiznos for lunch when I was done. The parking lot was full AND it hadn't been plowed yet, which was a shock because nearly everything else was cleared. There was one spot left in the parking lot next to a curb that was facing downhill. I should've just waited for another spot to open up but I was hungry.

I went inside, ate, and then came out to find about four inches of snow packed up behind my back tires. That obviously wasn't there when I pulled in. Maybe some car backing up moved it there, I don't know. I then proceeded to spend the next 30 minutes chipping away at the ice behind my tires with the snow scraper while occasionally trying to back out and failing every time. I finally got a really good run at it and thought I was clear...until my car wrapped around the curb and was firmly stuck.

The entire time, there's this lady and an Enterprise employee talking about 20 yards away about her rental car (there's an Enterprise shop right next to the Quiznos). I was planning on asking the employee to help me when he was done but the lady beat me to it. She came over and helped me push my car around the curb so I could be on my merry way. The Enterprise employee just stood there the entire time. Maybe he's a Ford guy.

Again, I'm not bashing on Chevy for not making an a four wheel drive Camaro, it's my fault for parking where I did. But now that it's over I think it's kind of a funny story and I thought you guys would enjoy.

P.S. And the lady that helped me was checking out a Malibu. Chevy power!
SKYFALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 03:05 PM   #2
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
Haha these cars aren't so bad in the snow with snow tires i'd invest in some studded tires i did this year and good thing i did with all the ice up here.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 03:15 PM   #3
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil-Bee-NH View Post
Haha these cars aren't so bad in the snow with snow tires i'd invest in some studded tires i did this year and good thing i did with all the ice up here.
+1

I drive my ZL1 during the winter with no problems. The key is getting a set of snow tires.
Old 01-06-2014, 06:10 PM   #4
Sikoriko

Drives: 2011 V6 IOM
I feel bad. I was just waxing my camaro yesterday.
Sikoriko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 08:39 PM   #5
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Why is this in the Chevy vs subforum?
Old 01-06-2014, 08:43 PM   #6
kevinw

Drives: 2013 Black 2 LT vert
Sikoriko, we are all freezin and you rubbin it in. lol
kevinw is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags