Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-19-2016, 09:30 AM   #57
blackedOUTSS610

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil' Nasty View Post
Read Gayton81's post. Then, try collecting (all) the facts before spitting out ignorance.

I've never been pulled over or been issued a ticket. So If or when i get pulled over in the future...I've already received written permission from the state.

This is what I did too.
Well said!
blackedOUTSS610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 09:32 AM   #58
blackedOUTSS610

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSmokingSuns View Post
I love my 35% windshield tint and 5% limo tint all around. I crack up when people try so hard to look inside but they simply can't.
Car looks amazing!!!
Old 05-19-2016, 12:21 PM   #59
EMB135Driver
Jedi Master

Drives: Boeing 757/767+2010 IBM 2SS
I believe if your caught with tint on the windshield you're not allowed to drive away with it....so you'll be paying for a tow as well.
Old 05-19-2016, 02:33 PM   #60
Gayton81

Drives: 2012 2SSRS
Tinting windshield - full tint [HUD equipped]

Hope this helps.

For those of you in Florida and Alabama that are interested: the laws allow you to get tinted beyond what legal statutes are by getting a "needed" prescription from a doctor stating why you need darker or abnormal tint and submitting it to the state for review. In both states for my situation was from an eye doctor and in my wife's case the neurologist due to migraines from the light. We submitted to Tallahassee DMV when we lived in Fl and to Montgomery DMV while living in AL. Once "approved" by the state (and yes they can deny it) they will give you documentation to keep in your car for any legal reasons.

On that note I do think there is a point where it's too dark or too visual limiting so just use smart judgements. And so you are aware I used to be FL LEO and also used to install tint for a living so I know both sides.

https://www.flhsmv.gov/dmv/forms/BTR/83390.pdf

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-19-2016, 02:53 PM   #61
jcampos

Drives: 2014 Chevy Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayton81 View Post
Hope this helps.

For those of you in Florida and Alabama that are interested: the laws allow you to get tinted beyond what legal statutes are by getting a "needed" prescription from a doctor stating why you need darker or abnormal tint and submitting it to the state for review. In both states for my situation was from an eye doctor and in my wife's case the neurologist due to migraines from the light. We submitted to Tallahassee DMV when we lived in Fl and to Montgomery DMV while living in AL. Once "approved" by the state (and yes they can deny it) they will give you documentation to keep in your car for any legal reasons.

On that note I do think there is a point where it's too dark or too visual limiting so just use smart judgements. And so you are aware I used to be FL LEO and also used to install tint for a living so I know both sides.

Agreed.

I just do not agree with those whom try to make excuse as to why they should have their whole front windshield tinted just as dark as the rest when they do not need it, it is just unsafe. Honestly, IMO, if the sun hurts your eyes you should invest in some proper eyewear i.e. SUNGLASSES. But I get the hint around here, many will try and give whatever excuse they can to not follow the law or go around it or those whom piggy back on the idea. Hell I can go get a sissy note, sorry I mean a Dr. note because the sun hurts my eyes but I don't. Anyways, sorry if I made a few of you upset, it wasn't my intentions. Good luck with blocking out the sun with your tint. Like the old saying goes, "if you can't stand the heat, get out the street" or in this case "if you can't stand the sun, stay out of it". Lol "unsubscribe"
jcampos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 02:59 PM   #62
blackedOUTSS610

Quote:
Hope this helps.

Great info thanks!!!
Old 05-19-2016, 03:12 PM   #63
URBAN LEGEND

Drives: 20 X3M CP & 19 ZL1 1LE A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcampos View Post
Agreed.

I just do not agree with those whom try to make excuse as to why they should have their whole front windshield tinted just as dark as the rest when they do not need it, it is just unsafe. Honestly, IMO, if the sun hurts your eyes you should invest in some proper eyewear i.e. SUNGLASSES. But I get the hint around here, many will try and give whatever excuse they can to not follow the law or go around it or those whom piggy back on the idea. Hell I can go get a sissy note, sorry I mean a Dr. note because the sun hurts my eyes but I don't. Anyways, sorry if I made a few of you upset, it wasn't my intentions. Good luck with blocking out the sun with your tint. Like the old saying goes, "if you can't stand the heat, get out the street" or in this case "if you can't stand the sun, stay out of it". Lol "unsubscribe"
I know you are young and tough. That's the way you come across. However, many people have disabilities. That doesn't make them weak or a sissy.
Old 05-20-2016, 11:59 AM   #64
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by scandata View Post
That note would get you laughed out of court with a suggestion to wear sunglasses.
With a Correct Med exemption, he would be fine. My Mom had an exemption not to wear Seat Belts due to some abdominal thing.
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 12:17 PM   #65
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
Quote:
Hope this helps.

I'm sure I could qualify, but I don't want to be hassled by the Law and I have too many cars
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 04:20 PM   #66
TheSmokingSuns

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS, 2011 Camaro 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackedOUTSS610 View Post
Car looks amazing!!!
Thanks!
TheSmokingSuns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 05:59 PM   #67
scandata

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS vert, Spring Green Edtn
I could find a doctor that would write a BS note so I could get a tinted windshield, but thankfully I don't have a condition that requires it. Also, I don't want to be "one of those people." People like all the little old ladies that buy a "Service Animal" patch online, and bring their dog into the grocery store. It's needlessly putting others at risk for their own selfishness. How could I complain about them if I did the same thing with my car? It's just not who I am.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v692/scandata/sigpic_zpsxmxmbipg.jpg
scandata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 08:33 PM   #68
DMR2

Drives: 2015 Commemorative Edition 2SS/RS
I know someone who was forced to either scrape the window tint off their driver/passenger side door windows because it was too dark right there on the on the side of the road - or have their car impounded. He chose to scrape it off with the razor blade provided to him by the police and was issued a warning ticket.

Just because some of you all have driven by cops without getting pulled doesn't mean it won't happen. It's only a matter of when.

Also what may be legal in some states may not be legal in others and you can still get pulled over and ticketed in that other state.

Another thing... having tinted windows beyond the legal limit can possibly raise or even "void" your insurance policy, too, so make sure you check with your insurance companies on their policies regarding tinting your windows beyond the legal limits. Last thing I'm sure you want to do is get in a wreck (your fault or not) and find out because your windows are too dark - that your policy is now also voided.

Regardless... tinting your windshield DOES indeed reduce visibility "at night"... maybe not around town where street lights and other cars light up the surrounding areas outside your vehicle that make it easy to see... but roll down an unlit two lane back road in the middle of B-F-E Florida (or anywhere really) at night - maybe even in the pouring rain - and hope a deer or something don't jump out in front of you... odds are you won't see it fast enough due to the darkness enhanced by the tint and that split second reaction time you lost would've made a difference in not hitting it or it coming through your nicely tinted windshield and landing in your lap killing you.

It's illegal for a reason... safety of not just yourself and your passengers, pedestrians, cyclists, and other drivers. Sure it may make the car look good, but is it really worth possible legal fees, higher insurance rates, potentially getting someone hurt, or your own safety?

I get it that it's ok for people with a no-chit medical condition can get the windshield tinted - but even that has its limitations as to how much and what you can do.

Even if it was legal to tint the entire windshield - I still wouldn't do it... it's about as ridiculous as those who tint their tail lights to the point you can't see them light up when the person hits their brakes.

Below are a few good reads on the subject... just something to think about and consider...

http://www.carinsurancecomparison.co...surance-rates/

http://www.boston-car-accident-lawye...setts-law.html

http://home.earthlink.net/~odiehog/Tint.htm

http://www.windowfilmmag.com/2015/04...nt-is-illegal/
DMR2 is offline   Reply With Quote