Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-15-2015, 08:56 PM   #43
Joseph1LE

Drives: 2015 Camaro SS 1LE, 2001 Camaro SS
C5Z+beater SUV/truck to drive the family around in=win. The route I should have taken (don't have a family but I could still use a truck or other beater).

2015 Camaro SS 1LE- sold
2001 Camaro SS SOM M6- sold
1999 Firebird Formula A4- sold
Joseph1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 12:18 AM   #44
homewrecker

Drives: '04 Z06, '14BMW M235i, '15 SS/1LE
Lol, nowadays when we look for a new car we have to get two. A daily driver and the pride and joy. Like I mentioned before i still have my Z and there's a reason I cant let it go. I love the FRC body style since I first saw it, I had 3 C5's and i loved them all. You we're stuck with two great choices - a dilemma all of us can enjoy and appreciate - more so than others. Now, show me some pics of that Z!
homewrecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 12:24 AM   #45
homewrecker

Drives: '04 Z06, '14BMW M235i, '15 SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph1LE View Post
C5Z+beater SUV/truck to drive the family around in=win. The route I should have taken (don't have a family but I could still use a truck or other beater).
It's getting out of hand for me! The 1LE was the beater for the ZO6, then I got a new 2014 BMW M235i to be the beater for my 1LE, my fiance loved that beamer so much I had give it to her and now I have another beater, a 2006 infiniti coupe. I can't help it. I'm a car guy...but recently I have my eye on the new Silverado midnight edition. This will never end.
homewrecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 05:33 AM   #46
mainecobra

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS RS 6 speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by homewrecker View Post
It's getting out of hand for me! The 1LE was the beater for the ZO6, then I got a new 2014 BMW M235i to be the beater for my 1LE, my fiance loved that beamer so much I had give it to her and now I have another beater, a 2006 infiniti coupe. I can't help it. I'm a car guy...but recently I have my eye on the new Silverado midnight edition. This will never end.
Yes it will never stop its a passion us car guys have. Dont deny it , embrace it!!! I look at it like this , some people gamble their money away, blow it on booze and smokes. Its not a bad addiction to love and enjoy automobiles. When u have a bad day nothing makes its better than some raw hp under your foot. Its my therapy personally!!!
mainecobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 06:25 PM   #47
mainecobra

Well I finally decided on the c5 z06. Found a mint 03 low mile z06 and couldn't be happier. I loved my 2010 Ss but there is no comparison to this z. Two different cars the Camaro is a muscle car and the z06 is a legit race car. I fit more into enjoying a track ready race car personally. I would have the Camaro as a daily driver but for a hp enthusiast that goes for spirited drives the z06 is the perfect car for me!!!! Take it easy guys I'll be on the corvette forums from now on!! I'll miss my Camaro brothers!!,
Old 09-23-2015, 06:50 PM   #48
sdynak

Drives: 2010 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainecobra View Post
Well I finally decided on the c5 z06. Found a mint 03 low mile z06 and couldn't be happier. I loved my 2010 Ss but there is no comparison to this z. Two different cars the Camaro is a muscle car and the z06 is a legit race car. I fit more into enjoying a track ready race car personally. I would have the Camaro as a daily driver but for a hp enthusiast that goes for spirited drives the z06 is the perfect car for me!!!! Take it easy guys I'll be on the corvette forums from now on!! I'll miss my Camaro brothers!!,
Enjoy brother.. can't go wrong with that choice and life is short.. get what you want
sdynak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 06:56 PM   #49
raptor5244

Drives: 2022 CT4-V Blackwing
I had an 02 Z06. It was a rocket bone stock and then I did a cam and long tube headers and it would break into the 11s with drag radials. It is a lot fun but like most have mentioned it has to fit your lifestyle. If it is a 2nd or 3rd car then great if not then the Camaro makes more sense. I drive a 2013 Camaro SS 1LE now and it is a good compromise. It handles like it is on rails, which is really impressive considering what it weighs. It is still very fast and shoves you back in the seat when you put your foot in it. Also, just 10-13 year newer technology from the Camaro vs. the 03 Z06 is going to be an improvement for daily driving.
raptor5244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 08:33 PM   #50
mainecobra

Yea it's a 3rd car. If I lived in a place where I drove a sports car year round than yes I would get a 1le for sure. I'm in Maine and the sports car is stored for 5 months. So the z06 fits my needs better. The Camaro is one hell of a car though was actually all set to buy a 13' Ss and the guy sold it on me. So kinda had a bad taste in my mouth. But it all worked out because the z06 was the best deal and it better fits my needs.