Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 01-13-2015, 12:15 PM   #1
Silverlsinva

Drives: 2013 Fiat 500 Abarth Grigio
Ram Rebel Raptor comp?

So this seems like its kinda aiming for the raptor but just not as extreme as the raptor, also prolly cheaper but I think it should come with the diesel.

Last edited by Silverlsinva; 01-13-2015 at 12:24 PM. Reason: grammar
Silverlsinva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 12:18 PM   #2
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
It's all show, not really "go".

I hate the trend of "THIS IS WHO MAKES THIS TRUCK THIS IS THE MODEL GRRRR" that Toyota is doing with the Tundra and Ford does with the Raptor.
SpeedIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 12:22 PM   #3
ilirg

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2ss
I read that it's not a Raptor competitor, more as like a tundra with TRD package
ilirg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 12:35 PM   #4
mpiersd

Drives: ABM #2041
Nope, just a factory available "Bro" truck for posers.

Bernadette: 2LT/RS, ABM #2041 of 3903
ZL-1 Springs | CAI | Muffler delete | Magnaflow resonator | LED DRL | DRL harness | RX Catch Can | Mini me

Cortana: 2015 Harley Davidson Road Glide Special
V&H Power Duals Headers & Oversized 450 Raider mufflers | Screamin' Eagle Stage 1 Chisel Extreme intake | Screamin' Eagle Stage 1 programmer | Klock Werks 12" Pro-Touring windscreen

Own an Aqua Blue Metallic Camaro?
Click here to join us on Facebook and help us in establishing the Aqua Blue Registry to locate all 3903 of these beautiful Camaros!
mpiersd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 12:49 PM   #5
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverlsinva View Post

So this seems like its kinda aiming for the raptor but just not as extreme as the raptor, also prolly cheaper but I think it should come with the diesel.
Except that not even the folks at Ram consider it to be a Raptor competitor. Probably because they already have one: the Ram Runner. Yes, that's a parts kit rather than a sub-model but its intended to do the same sort of thing as the Raptor.

The Rebel is branded as a 'lifestyle truck' which, supposedly means that people will use it to haul their off-road toys (dirt bikes, ATVs). But odds are, nearly every single person who buys one will do so because they like how it looks.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 12:50 PM   #6
xc_SS/RS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
It would look better without the giant ram badges. If you can even call them badges at that size lol
Z/28 intake, NW, FAST 102, speed engineering LT's, some exhaust, ATI -10% pulley, GM flex fuel injectors, DSX flex fuel sensor, MGW shifter, HP Tuners, some suspension work, stickers and a little weight loss. 12.63 @113.53
xc_SS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 12:51 PM   #7
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpiersd View Post
Nope, just a factory available "Bro" truck for posers.
I thought that was what the Titan was for?
SpeedIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 01:08 PM   #8
DDoug

Drives: '13 Inferno Orange ZL1 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by xc_SS/RS View Post
It would look better without the giant ram badges. If you can even call them badges at that size lol
Funny, one weekend a while back, I helped out adjusting the robot automation for the tailgate welding assembly line to accommodate that tailgate. We just had a sketched out square on the standard tailgate to work around. I didn't know this is how it would look.

I don't like it.
Old 01-13-2015, 01:37 PM   #9
K1SSRSS
Chief Many Camaros

Drives: A paid off Camaro!!!
The seats are pretty awesome, but this seem like its just a way to get 60k out of a 20k 1/2 ton pickup.

504hp/478tq
Performance: Kooks LT, 3'' Exhaust, V-Max TB, Roto-Fab CAI, Custom Ported/Port Matched Heads and Intake
Suspension: BMR Adjustable LCA's, BMR Trailing Arms, Poly Bushings, BMR Toe Rods
Coming Soon (still in the box): Procharger F1R, G-Force Axles, 3:91 gears w/Eaton Truetrac
K1SSRSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 02:10 PM   #10
mpiersd

Drives: ABM #2041
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedIsLife View Post
I thought that was what the Titan was for?
Yeah, that too.

Bernadette: 2LT/RS, ABM #2041 of 3903
ZL-1 Springs | CAI | Muffler delete | Magnaflow resonator | LED DRL | DRL harness | RX Catch Can | Mini me

Cortana: 2015 Harley Davidson Road Glide Special
V&H Power Duals Headers & Oversized 450 Raider mufflers | Screamin' Eagle Stage 1 Chisel Extreme intake | Screamin' Eagle Stage 1 programmer | Klock Werks 12" Pro-Touring windscreen

Own an Aqua Blue Metallic Camaro?
Click here to join us on Facebook and help us in establishing the Aqua Blue Registry to locate all 3903 of these beautiful Camaros!
mpiersd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 08:16 PM   #11
RBL

Drives: 2010 camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by K1SSRSS View Post
The seats are pretty awesome, but this seem like its just a way to get 60k out of a 20k 1/2 ton pickup.
I thought the seats and well the whole truck looked trashy.

2012 L99, whipple, Roto-Fab, Stainless Power headers, ZL1 fuel pump, cat delete.
RBL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 03:30 PM   #12
King Sun
Casual Camaro Owner

Drives: 2010 Black LS V6
I thought the new titan was ugly but this one takes the crown. It looks like a 9yr bold drew up the design for this car
King Sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 01:35 PM   #13
Stew

Drives: 92 Luminadead/01 Dakota/97 F150 4x4
This truck is not all show, but it isn't a Raptor competitor either. . Other than the looks stuff it includes stronger front control arms, Bilstien shocks, the air suspension is modified to raise it an additional inch over other Rams for over 10 inches of ground clearance, and along with the 33 inch Toyo tires it is a nice off-road upgrade. As for price, Ram's website shows it falling between the Outdoorsman and Sport 4x4 quadcab in the lineup which would put it at high30s/lows 40s for the price, quite a bit cheaper than the Raptor and priced with the TRD Pro. it is also the only way to get a 3.92 rear with the Pentastar V6, though I would have to have the Hemi/3.92 Combo
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote