Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 05-21-2017, 07:13 AM   #15
Yasuo

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyderbuddy View Post
Dude, I did it, it looks great and the instructions from GEN 5 DIY are great. Also did the Mirror Upgrade as Well.
Did it cost a fortune? I can't find the head unit alone for under $1,000 with the navigation and that's used.
Yasuo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 06:14 PM   #16
OHIOSS
Russ

Drives: Yukon Denali, Charger, CamaroSS
Send a message via AIM to OHIOSS
Quote:
Originally Posted by LCPLPunk View Post
This is an interesting option too...

https://www.phastekperformance.com/2...o-gm5201ab.htm
Did Scosche get all of their "gremlins" fixed in their dash kits? I've read about so many problems with these things that it's kept me from buying one.
OHIOSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 08:42 PM   #17
spyderbuddy

Drives: 2010 RS Inferno Orange Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by OHIOSS View Post
Wow nice job! It looks like it was factory installed. Would you be so kind and tell me specifically what you purchased from GEN5DIY? How hard was it to put in? What year is your car?

2010 Camaro V6 2LT/Rs
My link Radio With Nav
Mylink Radio faceplate with heated Seats.
frameless Mirror upgrade for 2LT/2SS

Better to Set aside at least an Afternoon or two. The wiring is not bad, just a PITA to get to.
Disconnected the battery both nights
Did all the wiring the night before i installed the Radio.
The next night Disconnected the battery BEFORE installing Radio For a Least and hour.
PCP Hideaway Headlight Covers, BBK Headers & High Flow Cats, ZL1 Add-ons Wicker Bill, TL1/ZL1 Hood Insert, Gen5 DIY Frameless Mirror, ABL Dash Lighting an My link Navigation, Blacked out Rear Bowtie, all Sylvania led Turn Signals, Ceramic Window Tint By Nicks, MBRP Exhaust tips, GEN5 DIY Virginia Legal DRL Harness, Painted Brake Calipers, Vittesse Throttle Controller, Heritage Grill, Diode Dynamics Led Lighting, Manual Shifter Boot, Paddle Shifters, CNC Throttle Body, Trifecta Tune, RX Catch Can & Breather, Trunk Black out and Side Grills, Chevorlet door Sills.
spyderbuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 08:47 PM   #18
spyderbuddy

Drives: 2010 RS Inferno Orange Metallic
There's a couple of guys selling them on the forum, grab one and send it to Ofer @ GEN5DIY.
PCP Hideaway Headlight Covers, BBK Headers & High Flow Cats, ZL1 Add-ons Wicker Bill, TL1/ZL1 Hood Insert, Gen5 DIY Frameless Mirror, ABL Dash Lighting an My link Navigation, Blacked out Rear Bowtie, all Sylvania led Turn Signals, Ceramic Window Tint By Nicks, MBRP Exhaust tips, GEN5 DIY Virginia Legal DRL Harness, Painted Brake Calipers, Vittesse Throttle Controller, Heritage Grill, Diode Dynamics Led Lighting, Manual Shifter Boot, Paddle Shifters, CNC Throttle Body, Trifecta Tune, RX Catch Can & Breather, Trunk Black out and Side Grills, Chevorlet door Sills.
spyderbuddy is offline   Reply With Quote