Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 05-30-2020, 04:52 PM   #15
joekono

Drives: Camaro Convertible 2014 1LT
As usual, you all come through. What a great community. Thanks for ALL the suggestions and I will decide on one of them of course. BTW, ALL your cars look great but then again, it's a Camaro C5, how could it not? KEEP SAFE EVERYONE.
joekono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2020, 05:56 PM   #16
xstuntman

Drives: 2012 Victory Red LFX
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillboyPowerhead View Post
I have the same factory RS/SS wheels and painted them for much less $$

Nice!
I actually don't like those wheels but painting them completely changes the look.
2018 SS wheels, red Heritage grille, actual driving lights, ZL1 strut tower brace, GM Performance billet aluminum fuel door, front grille Bowtie delete, painted red rotors and calipers, 1/4 window American Flags, splash guards, AEM dry panel air filter.
xstuntman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2020, 07:33 PM   #17
KillboyPowerhead

Drives: 2015 Z/22
Quote:
Originally Posted by xstuntman View Post
Nice!
I actually don't like those wheels but painting them completely changes the look.
Thanks. I don't mind the factory wheels, especially the factory finish on a white car, but I definitely prefer the black. I painted the inside white too just for some extra custom-ness - don't see that too often! Only seen it once and that was after I had painted mine so obviously he copied me

I also have "CAMARO" letter stencils in the same font as the fender badges which I intend to paint on the inside, whenever I get around to it; I suspect it will look super badass. Kind of like this:
Attached Images

Overkill/Self Tuned; Mace Camshafts; K&N Typhoon Cold Air Intake; Ported 80mm Throttle Body/Intake Manifolds/Manifold Spacer; Solo Performance High-Flow Cats, Cat-back Exhaust; Vitesse Motorsports Throttle Controller; Elite Engineering E2 Catch Can; BC Racing BR Coilovers; JPSS Delrin Radius Rod Bushing Inserts, Sway Bars; Pegasus Aluminum Rear Cradle Bushings, Camber/Caster Plates; Z/28 Toe Links, Trailing Arms, Upper Control Arm Bushings, Rear Shock Mounts
KillboyPowerhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2020, 09:32 PM   #18
0stones0
It don’t come easy.

Drives: 2010 2SS RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillboyPowerhead View Post
Thanks. I don't mind the factory wheels, especially the factory finish on a white car, but I definitely prefer the black. I painted the inside white too just for some extra custom-ness - don't see that too often! Only seen it once and that was after I had painted mine so obviously he copied me

I also have "CAMARO" letter stencils in the same font as the fender badges which I intend to paint on the inside, whenever I get around to it; I suspect it will look super badass. Kind of like this:
Painting the barrels white...I would imagine there is a frequent wash regimen for that?
Old 05-30-2020, 10:54 PM   #19
xstuntman

Drives: 2012 Victory Red LFX
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0stones0 View Post
Painting the barrels white...I would imagine there is a frequent wash regimen for that?
I clean the barrels on my 6th gen SS wheels after every drive and thank God for Pledge and a constant supply of rags. Surprising how much brake dust comes out. I really need one of those mini washing machines for the shop rags.
2018 SS wheels, red Heritage grille, actual driving lights, ZL1 strut tower brace, GM Performance billet aluminum fuel door, front grille Bowtie delete, painted red rotors and calipers, 1/4 window American Flags, splash guards, AEM dry panel air filter.
xstuntman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2020, 08:35 AM   #20
0stones0
It don’t come easy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xstuntman View Post
I clean the barrels on my 6th gen SS wheels after every drive and thank God for Pledge and a constant supply of rags. Surprising how much brake dust comes out. I really need one of those mini washing machines for the shop rags.
I have a dedicated bucket and rag that is just for the rims. Every now and then, I wipe on a little detail spray, which helps with keeping the brake dust from sticking.
Old 06-02-2020, 06:56 AM   #21
byrds8

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS, L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0stones0 View Post
I have a dedicated bucket and rag that is just for the rims. Every now and then, I wipe on a little detail spray, which helps with keeping the brake dust from sticking.
Maybe I should try that. Its another reason I hate my silver wheels. Dust shows up everywhere and cleaning the barrel constantly is a pain. Granted Id really rather them be black. But around here to paint them is around $200 a wheel. At those rates I may as well purchase new ones.
2013 Camaro SS/RS, Stainless Power long tube headers with HF's, Air Raid CAI, Solo Mach XL cat back, BC Racing coil overs, Elite Engineering catch can, Ferrada Forge 8 Wheels, Windows tinted at 20%, Tuned by Dyno Steve.
byrds8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 07:51 AM   #22
LCPLPunk
USA-1

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS L99
Why not just plastidip them? Even if you don't like how it looks you can just peel it off.

R2C CAI / Apex Scoop / VMAX Ported TB / Speed Engineering LTHs / X-pipe / GPI port/rod-mod intake manifold / Circle D 3200 278mm Converter / 3.91 gears / DynoSteve tuned / 1LE Shocks/Struts/Toe Links / ZL1 Rear Sway Bar / Z/28 Trailing arms / Prothane Radius Arm & Subframe Bushings / BMR UCA Bracket, Steering rack bushing / B&M Tranny Cooler / RX Catch Can / Jannetty Tranny Dipstick / 2012+ Heater Hose / 2013+ Rearview Mirror / Fuel rail flip / Drake shifter / Oil Cooler Delete
LCPLPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 12:47 PM   #23
mikeman
Banned

Drives: 2015 Camaro
$200 a wheel? That's like powdercoating prices, but the silver looks great on your car.
mikeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 07:06 PM   #24
Camaro2ss2010

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by byrds8 View Post
Maybe I should try that. Its another reason I hate my silver wheels. Dust shows up everywhere and cleaning the barrel constantly is a pain. Granted Id really rather them be black. But around here to paint them is around $200 a wheel. At those rates I may as well purchase new ones.
Easy to clean the barrel with this. A little detail spray to get it moist to hold the dust and it’s quick work. I have one for cleaning and one just for this.
Attached Images

ECS supercharger, custom ground cam, ported throttle body, long tube headers, aeromotive fuel pump, fic injectors, ATI super damper, Corsa Extreme exhaust, elite engineering catch can and many other things.
Camaro2ss2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 07:20 PM   #25
0stones0
It don’t come easy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro2ss2010 View Post
Easy to clean the barrel with this. A little detail spray to get it moist to hold the dust and it’s quick work. I have one for cleaning and one just for this.
Yea... I can see I need to order one of those. +1
Did you go with the woolie or the brush, large or small?
Old 06-02-2020, 09:07 PM   #26
Camaro2ss2010

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS M6
I have the woolie in small. I also use the wheel brush and the lugnut brush. The small fits good between the rotor and the wheel barrel. I think the large may be to big.
ECS supercharger, custom ground cam, ported throttle body, long tube headers, aeromotive fuel pump, fic injectors, ATI super damper, Corsa Extreme exhaust, elite engineering catch can and many other things.
Camaro2ss2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 06:53 PM   #27
Tabes

Drives: 2013 2SS camaro convertible L99
Bought my MRR rims from Aspire Motoring, very happy.

2013 2SS L99, Magnuson 2300, 3.6", cog drive, Stainless Works longtube & cats, Solo catback, Rotofab cai, AAM 3.70 gears, MRR rims, tuned by Speed Inc
Tabes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 07:55 AM   #28
byrds8

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS, L99
I have a brush for the inside of the wheels. Im just not a fan of the silver on top of how bad they show break dust. Black and red just look so good together. A lot of people love the way they look. They are definitely light weight since my wife can pick it up and move it from a seated position when I have taken them off in the past.
2013 Camaro SS/RS, Stainless Power long tube headers with HF's, Air Raid CAI, Solo Mach XL cat back, BC Racing coil overs, Elite Engineering catch can, Ferrada Forge 8 Wheels, Windows tinted at 20%, Tuned by Dyno Steve.
byrds8 is offline   Reply With Quote