Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 09-18-2022, 08:24 AM   #43
SIM GhostrdrZ

Drives: ‘14 Z/28 ‘14 ZL1 M6 vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valkyrie14 View Post
Do you remember where you got it?
So I used the already installed OEM antenna to plug into the aftermarket xm unit and the xm unit plugged into the back of the aftermarket stereo. You just need to use a pick to pop the baby poop( tannish colored) plastic piece off of the round metal plug and then that round metal plug goes into the aftermarket xm unit.
SIM GhostrdrZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2022, 08:36 AM   #44
SIM GhostrdrZ

Drives: ‘14 Z/28 ‘14 ZL1 M6 vert
It’s the plug you’re holding, yellowish/tannish. That’s the one I used. Should be the same for all 5th gens but I never used xm so maybe I’m incorrect.
Attached Images

SIM GhostrdrZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2022, 10:49 AM   #45
Valkyrie14
Valkyrie14

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIM GhostrdrZ View Post
It’s the plug you’re holding, yellowish/tannish. That’s the one I used. Should be the same for all 5th gens but I never used xm so maybe I’m incorrect.
Awesome!
2014 SS LS3/LSA Supercharger, 10% Super Damper, 2.55 upper, AGP Dual Pump, ID 1050 injectors, Pegasus solid rear cradle bushings, LT Headers, Roto-Fab CAI, Elite E2 catch can, E85 corn fed, 160 Thermostat, Monster Twin Disk, MGW Short Throw shifter, Tick Clutch Master Cylinder, HP Tuners, JL Audio system.
Valkyrie14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2024, 02:45 AM   #46
TheBrightSide

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro 2SS coupe (MT)
iMaestro dash kit buttons not working

Did you ever have any issue with the lock/unlock button on the head unit not working? I have a Kenwood DMX709S head unit, and the touch screen controls for the heated seats and rear windshield defroster also don't work as well. The key fob lock and unlock buttons (separate) still work.

Also note that the door unlock/lock button on the center of the head unit, seems to only work when the door is opened and it briefly gives power. After the dome light goes off (if set to door open/close), the lock/unlock center console button no longer has power; that is, unless you either turn the key in the ignition, hit the locks on the key fob, or open the door.

I tried checking all the fuses and relays, which are good and mainly in the engine bay fuse box. I even checked the 2nd fuse box that's in the driver side of the dash, on the side of the fan vent; nothing. I didn't bother going to the 3rd fuse "box" located in the trunk, under the carpet and mats, since I think there's nothing related there, not to mention it requires the trunk panels to be removed....
TheBrightSide is offline   Reply With Quote