Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 03-06-2018, 06:23 PM   #15
Clarkstar

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE
Yeah... that sounds better. I was skeptical of the "clamp" pick up. I tested it in the garage and it worked fine to 3500 rpm. Now it's on the dyno and the nos keeps cutting out at 4500 or so... sucks, now I gotta go pick it up, buy the 8913 then take it back if I want the nos tuned on the dyno....grrrrr.
2013 1le- Katech 416 short block, TSP custom grind cam, LOD intake, cnc heads by F.ED., Nick William's 102mm T.B., CORN fed, Pedders coilovers. Performance street alingnment by Justin at Lake Country Alignment and dyno tune by Late Model Throttle.

603 h.p. 495 ft lbs tq.
Clarkstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 07:24 PM   #16
booneSS13

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkstar View Post
Yeah... that sounds better. I was skeptical of the "clamp" pick up. I tested it in the garage and it worked fine to 3500 rpm. Now it's on the dyno and the nos keeps cutting out at 4500 or so... sucks, now I gotta go pick it up, buy the 8913 then take it back if I want the nos tuned on the dyno....grrrrr.
It did the same thing with me almost as the signal would scramble after getting higher up in the rpms.

I actually was able to return my gmr pickup to autozone for a full refund and ordered the 8913. Sign up for their text alerts and you'll get a $5 off next purchase coupon too.

Here's the instructions I believe I followed with the 8913 btw

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

-Fastlane Cold Air Intake, NPP cat back exhaust, Stainless Works LT Headers, 2r max camshaft, Stage 3 Ported Heads (Manley Stainless steel values, titanium retainers, dual valve springs, bronze guides), Wiseco Forged Pistons, K1 Forged Rods, Clevite Bearings, Factory Crankshaft, Comp Cams rocker arm trunion kit, Morel 5315 lifters, JP performance single billet timing chain, Melling oil pump, Spec stage 3+ clutch and flywheel, BMR trailing arms, Nitto 555r 305/35/20.
booneSS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 07:51 PM   #17
Clarkstar

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by booneSS13 View Post
It did the same thing with me almost as the signal would scramble after getting higher up in the rpms.

I actually was able to return my gmr pickup to autozone for a full refund and ordered the 8913. Sign up for their text alerts and you'll get a $5 off next purchase coupon too.

Here's the instructions I believe I followed with the 8913 btw

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk
Alright.... thanks a lot!
2013 1le- Katech 416 short block, TSP custom grind cam, LOD intake, cnc heads by F.ED., Nick William's 102mm T.B., CORN fed, Pedders coilovers. Performance street alingnment by Justin at Lake Country Alignment and dyno tune by Late Model Throttle.

603 h.p. 495 ft lbs tq.
Clarkstar is offline   Reply With Quote