Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 04-04-2020, 11:07 PM   #29
olblue75

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
So what’s the skinny on the car without names to protect the innocent!?!? Good buy, repo, damaged, tuned, etc etc???
1LE Front sway bar, Splitter, shocks and struts, Z28 dual mode mufflers, Intake, UCA Bushings, and Toresen 3.91 Diff. 1 piece DSS Drive Shaft, ZL1/C7 Calipers, and 32mm JPSS Rear Bar. ASC race spec splitter and wicker. 6th Gen M017 Wheels. Stainless Works 1 7/8 LTs. DSE and PAFDT Suspension components.
olblue75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 11:50 AM   #30
BLU DUCE

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS IBM Camaro
4 owners in 5 years it could be a flood car.
Old 04-06-2020, 12:19 PM   #31
booneSS13

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS LS3
Thanks to you guys I did get in contact with the previous owner. He purchased the vehicle with the mods already on the car. he says there was nothing wrong with the car either and that he traded it in so it was not an auction car. He said he had a local tuner check the tune and all was well and that it made just under 600 rwhp
I've been negotiating with the dealer and I just don't think that car is worth $35,900 with four owners and no traceability to who originally to the car and did the mods plus I've seen loaded ZL1's with sunroofs gopher cheaper especially around the winter. I told them the most I will give them is $34,000

-Fastlane Cold Air Intake, NPP cat back exhaust, Stainless Works LT Headers, 2r max camshaft, Stage 3 Ported Heads (Manley Stainless steel values, titanium retainers, dual valve springs, bronze guides), Wiseco Forged Pistons, K1 Forged Rods, Clevite Bearings, Factory Crankshaft, Comp Cams rocker arm trunion kit, Morel 5315 lifters, JP performance single billet timing chain, Melling oil pump, Spec stage 3+ clutch and flywheel, BMR trailing arms, Nitto 555r 305/35/20.
booneSS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 05:41 AM   #32
DRKS1D3

Drives: '17 Corvette Grand Sport M7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smitty CC View Post
Looks to me like they just never detailed it , the Borla Trumpets are dirty like 25,000 miles worth... That is an entry level air filter. Have you heard it run? If cammed you probably heard it. The TB looks stock as well. I would bet if stock cam is still in it that they just did the exhaust and air filter. Those two mods are fairly easy and without a tune. Sometimes if the pullies are done the balancer will be the one marked. Smitty
Entry level air filter? I'm intrigued.

What then is a "Stage 5 Air Filter"? This ZL1 is wearing a carbon fiber K&N system. It is lightweight, does not conduct heat and is a quality build. For instance, the OEM unit on the '14/'15 $75k Z/28 was designed, engineered & produced by K&N. Is the Z/28 wearing a lackluster intake as well? Almost all intakes are the same type of design: They consist of a rigid tube having a smooth bore and large conical filter attached at the end. What sets the good apart from the bad are the quality of build and the materials used. CF is at the top of the heap when it comes to performance materials.

**SOLD**2011 TRIPLE BLACK SS CONVERTIBLE--6 SPEED MANUAL, MANY MODS, 455 RWHP/435 RWTQ

DAD'S RIDE: 2012 ZL1 #1866--BLACK, 6 SPEED MANUAL, EXPOSED CF HOOD, POLISHED WHEELS, SUNROOF, ROTO-FAB INTAKE

"Silly Americans, taking from the rich and giving to the poor only works in fairy tales. Success is earned here!".
DRKS1D3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 01:25 PM   #33
Bigtime53

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by booneSS13 View Post
Thanks to you guys I did get in contact with the previous owner. He purchased the vehicle with the mods already on the car. he says there was nothing wrong with the car either and that he traded it in so it was not an auction car. He said he had a local tuner check the tune and all was well and that it made just under 600 rwhp
I've been negotiating with the dealer and I just don't think that car is worth $35,900 with four owners and no traceability to who originally to the car and did the mods plus I've seen loaded ZL1's with sunroofs gopher cheaper especially around the winter. I told them the most I will give them is $34,000
For what it is worth I have a 15 ZL1 also with 23k miles on it and I would not take 35,900 for mine. You have to remember there is not a bunch of these cars on the market because of the low production of the 15 models or for that matter 14's either. Since you did talk to the last owner of the car and he said there was nothing wrong with it and if you like the car's color etc I would not be afraid to buy it. I looked a long time before I got mine because it had the options I wanted on it. You might reconsider it but if you could get it for 35k I would think that is a great buy. Good luck
Bigtime53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 01:30 PM   #34
Bigtime53

Drives: 2013 ZL1
OP I just went back and looked at the start of this thread and that car is a good looking car! I like the SIM color also. My first ZL1 I ordered was a 13 model in this same color. Good luck with what ever decision you make.
Bigtime53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 05:41 AM   #35
DRKS1D3

[QUOTE=Smitty CC;10762331]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRKS1D3 View Post
Entry level air filter? I'm intrigued.

What then is a "Stage 5 Air Filter"? This ZL1 is wearing a carbon fiber K&N system. It is lightweight, does not conduct heat and is a quality build. For instance, the OEM unit on the '14/'15 $75k Z/28 was designed, engineered & produced by K&N. Is the Z/28 wearing a lackluster intake as well? Almost all intakes are the same type of design: They consist of a rigid tube having a smooth bore and large conical filter attached at the end. What sets the good apart from the bad are the quality of build and the materials used. CF is at the top of the heap when it comes to performance materials. [/QUOTE

It's a K&N ...like I said.....
So, all K&N products are junk, even the intake that was produced by them for the Z/28? That was my question. It is a subjective topic. There is no right or wrong answer. If you feel as if all K&N products are junk, you are certainly free to feel that way.

Again, if you look at the K&N CF intake, it is built with quality being the #1 priority and is produced from arguably the highest quality performance material (CF). I have seen one or two in person and was quite impressed. It is not simply your run of the mill K&N unit from years past.

To each their own.

**SOLD**2011 TRIPLE BLACK SS CONVERTIBLE--6 SPEED MANUAL, MANY MODS, 455 RWHP/435 RWTQ

DAD'S RIDE: 2012 ZL1 #1866--BLACK, 6 SPEED MANUAL, EXPOSED CF HOOD, POLISHED WHEELS, SUNROOF, ROTO-FAB INTAKE

"Silly Americans, taking from the rich and giving to the poor only works in fairy tales. Success is earned here!".
Old 04-08-2020, 08:34 AM   #36
Kevlar382

Drives: '12 ZL1; '71 RS/Z28; '99 Vette Conv
Being in IND and the motor says Lingenfelter on it maybe they can tell you if they did the work and what was done. Try calling them with the VIN
Kevlar382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 06:56 PM   #37
DrkPhx

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 / 2006 TB SS
I had the K&N CF intake and the quality was excellent and the hp gains were good. It does have a slightly bigger intake tract compared to others like Rotofab out there.
DrkPhx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 07:56 PM   #38
Bigdumogre

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS
I love my K&N CAI - quality is great and it’s the same as all the others for half the price.
2012 Camaro 2SS/RS - CSP Custom Cam 232/240 .615/.615 113 +3, Texas speed CNC heads, FTI billet triple disc converter, K&N cai, Katech ported TB, GPI Ported/rod modded manifold, Texas speed 1 7/8 headers, HFC, Flowmaster 2 chambers with x pipe, Mishimoto CC, MSD wires, Roto fab washer relocation, tru cool 40k trans cooler, apex scoop, Pedders extreme coil overs and much more!!
Bigdumogre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 07:34 AM   #39
DRKS1D3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRKS1D3 View Post

Oh sorry friend but I didn't say it was "junk" I just gave an opinion.
I completely understand and I respect your opinion, as I do with everybody. No biggie.

Old 04-12-2020, 01:26 PM   #40
Quicksilver2SS

Drives: 2SS/RS LS3 NPP
I bought my car from a dealership, I have all maintenance records and have name, address and phone number of person who traded it in right on the paperwork
Old 04-12-2020, 01:58 PM   #41
ZMEnow

Drives: ZL1, 2013, tri-coat-red, manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilver2SS View Post
I bought my car from a dealership, I have all maintenance records and have name, address and phone number of person who traded it in right on the paperwork
That's because the person that traded it did not have the common sense to black out his name and address on the service paperwork before he left it in the car for you.
ZMEnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2020, 02:24 PM   #42
Brutale arancia

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Camaro
I even got the loan papers from the original purchase. Name, address, phone number. From a used car lot.
Brutale arancia is offline   Reply With Quote