Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-09-2022, 04:13 AM   #1
0stones0
It don’t come easy.

Drives: 2010 2SS RS M6
Silverado Evolution mailing list?

Anyone else receive this email? First time I’ve ever got something like this from this forum. Not in the least interested.
Old 01-09-2022, 05:11 AM   #2
Ashen 6.2

Drives: 2014 Camaro Z/SS
I didnt. Even looked in junk folders.

Mods - GPI 416 w/Custom Grind Cam, Ported Heads & Tuned by Ben, Holley Dominator ECU, Mag Heartbeat, ZL1 Fuel Pump & DSX Aux Pump, NW 103 TB, FIC 1650's, Alky Meth, Circle D 3600 Triple Disc, Kooks Headers, Viking Coil Overs & all the BMR Goodies in the rear, Zl1 3.23 Diff, DSS Axles, Gulfcoast Driveshaft, Hendrix Offset Diff Bushings, AFE Solid Subframe Bushings, 875HP/843TQ 5FDP
Ashen 6.2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2022, 08:11 AM   #3
1JEWLDSSRS

Drives: 2011 SS-RS
Not me either...
Old 01-09-2022, 09:00 AM   #4
0stones0
It don’t come easy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashen 6.2 View Post
I didnt. Even looked in junk folders.
Was in my junk folder.
Camaro5@themailr.com
Old 01-09-2022, 12:44 PM   #5
HDRDTD

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 Vert M6 ECF
Here's what they sent me.....

Dear member,
GM has unveiled its first ever electric pickup - the exciting 2024 Silverado EV! We've created a forum home and community for it and invite you to join us at:
SilveradoEVolution.com

Whether you've already placed a reservation on it yesterday or simply want to learn and read more about the Silverado EV, we invite you to drop in and become an early community member. Hope to see you soon!
HDRDTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2022, 12:50 PM   #6
Silveradoss573

Drives: Camaro 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0stones0 View Post
Was in my junk folder.
Camaro5@themailr.com
The perfect spot for it....
Silveradoss573 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2022, 12:50 PM   #7
0stones0
It don’t come easy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDRDTD View Post
Here's what they sent me.....

Dear member,
GM has unveiled its first ever electric pickup - the exciting 2024 Silverado EV! We've created a forum home and community for it and invite you to join us at:
SilveradoEVolution.com

Whether you've already placed a reservation on it yesterday or simply want to learn and read more about the Silverado EV, we invite you to drop in and become an early community member. Hope to see you soon!
Yep...that’s what I got, as well.
Old 01-09-2022, 03:09 PM   #8
ADVMax
Sporting Foole

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
I bleed GM blue but that sumbitch better be dazzling because the Rivian really has my attention and I’m still not in love with electrics.

batteries are for starting engines.
ADVMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2022, 06:44 PM   #9
Aqua Blue RS/SS

Drives: ABM #93
That POS electric avalanche mascaraed as silverado does not one single thing for me… how about those dumb shits in Detroit put some resources together and design a diesel emissions system that is reliable and will allow you to have your truck live at your house rather than the dealer for warranty repairs. Obviously they won’t do that because they are all in on the illogical, woke, green, band wagon.

gm is dead to me 100%. I still like the GM of old but this new gm sucks royally. There cars and trucks are ugly and look the same as each other and every other mindless design out there. Let’s put the failed Camaro front end on everything and it’ll be awesome They managed to kill Camaro sales in a only a few year period. Lost 2nd place in truck sales for Chevy,(collectively between gmc and Chevy GM… sorry I meant gm, sells more than ford and ram) and killed the iconic front engine Vette. The mid engine Vette is cool I’m not saying it isn’t but I don’t honestly think it’s a Vette. The 5th Gen is likely to be the last thing I can say GM went all out and nailed it perfectly, in my eyes at least. I’m not into the electric shit one bit. It’s not in the least bit practical for where I live and what I do, but it’s being shoved down my throat and I don’t like it.

Sorry for they rant I bleed Chevy orange, I’ve been a GM guy my whole life but I can’t identify with them anymore. Im not alone. Anyone else notice for the first time in 90 years, yes 90 years, they weren’t the top selling auto maker in the US for 2021?? They blame it on the chip shortage which I’m sure contributed but I’m not convinced that’s the whole picture. Good job Mary. You are killing it quite literally

I’m most likely going to the Ram dealer in the next week or two to pick out my new company truck. They gave me the choice of which make I could pick. The Ram does it for me. The current GM trucks are fugly. It’s a shame because my current 2018 Sierra 2500 6.0 has been completely flawless for 120,000 miles. I really like the 15-18 trucks a lot.

Ok rant over I still love 5th gens and LS engines to my core!
ABM #2399 2SS/RS:SOLD
ABM #93 2SS/RS Black Rally stripes, Titanium Interior 4,000 miles: GM GFX side skirts and diffuser waiting on paint, GM dovetail, GM heritage, RPI ZL1 style splitter.
‘87 IROC-Z Iroc blue. all original unmolested with 50K miles.

Last edited by Aqua Blue RS/SS; 01-09-2022 at 07:05 PM.
Aqua Blue RS/SS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2022, 05:11 AM   #10
Wizard1183

Drives: ABM SS2/RS M6
Send a message via Yahoo to Wizard1183
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Blue RS/SS View Post
That POS electric avalanche mascaraed as silverado does not one single thing for me… how about those dumb shits in Detroit put some resources together and design a diesel emissions system that is reliable and will allow you to have your truck live at your house rather than the dealer for warranty repairs. Obviously they won’t do that because they are all in on the illogical, woke, green, band wagon.

gm is dead to me 100%. I still like the GM of old but this new gm sucks royally. There cars and trucks are ugly and look the same as each other and every other mindless design out there. Let’s put the failed Camaro front end on everything and it’ll be awesome They managed to kill Camaro sales in a only a few year period. Lost 2nd place in truck sales for Chevy,(collectively between gmc and Chevy GM… sorry I meant gm, sells more than ford and ram) and killed the iconic front engine Vette. The mid engine Vette is cool I’m not saying it isn’t but I don’t honestly think it’s a Vette. The 5th Gen is likely to be the last thing I can say GM went all out and nailed it perfectly, in my eyes at least. I’m not into the electric shit one bit. It’s not in the least bit practical for where I live and what I do, but it’s being shoved down my throat and I don’t like it.

Sorry for they rant I bleed Chevy orange, I’ve been a GM guy my whole life but I can’t identify with them anymore. Im not alone. Anyone else notice for the first time in 90 years, yes 90 years, they weren’t the top selling auto maker in the US for 2021?? They blame it on the chip shortage which I’m sure contributed but I’m not convinced that’s the whole picture. Good job Mary. You are killing it quite literally

I’m most likely going to the Ram dealer in the next week or two to pick out my new company truck. They gave me the choice of which make I could pick. The Ram does it for me. The current GM trucks are fugly. It’s a shame because my current 2018 Sierra 2500 6.0 has been completely flawless for 120,000 miles. I really like the 15-18 trucks a lot.

Ok rant over I still love 5th gens and LS engines to my core!

I agree. I’d never dream of buy another GM product after my 2014 Sierra. I’ll probably resort back to older or just keep repairing what I have. All new cars are junk. Electric made to break junk. Vehicles should last 500000mi these days. Most barely last 200k.

Life is short, drive it like you stole it!
Wizard1183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2022, 05:03 PM   #11
Rainbow1616

Drives: 2011 Inferno Orange Camaro 2SS/RS
Bla Bla Bla , Ill never buy anything but GM. I have had all the rest No thank you.
I just ordered a new 2022 for the wife in Nov. It will be in March 15th and then it has to go back in august for the chips to be added for the heated seats and steering wheel
Rainbow1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2022, 07:54 PM   #12
Aqua Blue RS/SS

Drives: ABM #93
That’s cool, good for you for getting what you like. (Not being a Dick on saying that)

I’ve currently got the GM stuff I like to… 57 3100, 69 K10 factory short fleet, 72 K20 Cheyenne, 79 C10 Scottsdale, 84 C20 Silverado, 98 K2500 silverado, 2010 Camaro SS, 2011 Yukon Denali, 2018 Sierra 2500 HD. That’s everything I currently own plus my company truck. I really liked the previous generation of trucks, they looked good and have proven to be quite reliable outside of the emissions systems on the duramax. Note that there’s nothing but GM stuff. Ive always been that way. A redesign on the current HD front end would help persuade me on current GM trucks. But overall I’m not a fan of their current direction. The only one I’d currently go out of my way for is the Colorado ZR2. I didn’t mention it above but that is another one that I do actually really like.
ABM #2399 2SS/RS:SOLD
ABM #93 2SS/RS Black Rally stripes, Titanium Interior 4,000 miles: GM GFX side skirts and diffuser waiting on paint, GM dovetail, GM heritage, RPI ZL1 style splitter.
‘87 IROC-Z Iroc blue. all original unmolested with 50K miles.
Aqua Blue RS/SS is online now   Reply With Quote