Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-03-2021, 10:00 AM   #15
Aqua Blue RS/SS

Drives: ABM #93
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdumogre View Post
2012-13 are my favorites I love the grill and tail lights and the steering wheel. 2010 steering wheels are just ugly IMO
Funny I hate the later wheels and love the 10-11.
ABM #2399 2SS/RS:SOLD
ABM #93 2SS/RS Black Rally stripes, Titanium Interior 4,000 miles: GM GFX side skirts and diffuser waiting on paint, GM dovetail, GM heritage, RPI ZL1 style splitter.
‘87 IROC-Z Iroc blue. all original unmolested with 50K miles.
Aqua Blue RS/SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 10:34 AM   #16
Modernmusclecar

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
The round headlight on the the 10 to 13 look great.My cars has Camaro on the steering wheel with SS on the bottom. After that it looks like the same wheel Chevy put in everything else. I don't mind the tail lights on the 14 and 15.
Modernmusclecar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 10:37 AM   #17
Modernmusclecar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdumogre View Post
2012-13 are my favorites I love the grill and tail lights and the steering wheel. 2010 steering wheels are just ugly IMO
They have Camaro and SS ON them. Ugly? No way.
Old 03-03-2021, 10:40 AM   #18
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Modernmusclecar View Post
They have Camaro and SS ON them. Ugly? No way.
Yep, after 2010 MY they were just parts bin steering wheels.

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 10:41 AM   #19
Modernmusclecar

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZED SLED View Post
Yep, after 2010 MY they were just parts bin steering wheels.
Yep here's an old thread to show how unhappy Camaro fans were with the change.
https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showt...=141333&page=2
Old 03-03-2021, 10:41 AM   #20
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Modernmusclecar View Post
The round headlight on the the 10 to 13 look great.
I especially like the way they look in my rearview mirror

j/k I had a 2010 SS and a 2013 ZL1 vert. Loved them both, but not enough to keep them.

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 10:45 AM   #21
Modernmusclecar

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZED SLED View Post
I especially like the way they look in my rearview mirror

j/k I had a 2010 SS and a 2013 ZL1 vert. Loved them both, but not enough to keep them.
Haha.
Old 03-03-2021, 11:14 AM   #22
gunchamp

Drives: 15 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Blue RS/SS View Post
They haven’t been discontinued, GM has never confirmed anything. The 6th Gen just got an extension of a couple more years because they are exporting some of them to Australia for a racing program down there. I don’t think the Camaro is going anywhere for at least 5 years. Even then I doubt it goes away.
Fingers crossed you are right!
15 Camaro SS- GPI max top end, ESS Vortech V3 9psi, ID 1050s, ZL1 pump, JMS bap, Long tubes, Corsa extreme, Circle D pro 5C, 391 rear, DSS carbon drive shaft, poly cradle bushings, tuned by Ted Jannetty and much much more
gunchamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 11:39 AM   #23
sdynak

Drives: 2010 1SS
Hold on here fellas.. there is a 6th Gen?!?! I guess I was blinded by the sight of the 5th Gen.

Ok seriously though... I was really thinking 69 when I was looking hard back in 2015. Could not justify the costs of a nice one and not in the market to restore at this stage in my life.

I expanded my search to the 5th Gen as it resembled the closest to what I wanted and upon my first drive it was all over. I said why would I even think about a 69 when you can have this!

Now, I would never snub a 69 if the opportunity was perfect so let's get that straight.. Just can't justify it on the cost.

Been all over since and the 6th Gen honestly takes away from what I wanted. I know they are great units and congrats to all that have them. That is my story and I'm sticking to it .
2010 1SS LS3, Black, 235/250, .621/.615, 114 + 4, Kooks Stepped Headers, 3.91's, Bo White PTB, Flowmaster Mufflers, Cold Air Industries CAI, Apex Scoop & Windshield Washer Relocate, SLP Wheels, Skip Shift Eliminate, Barton Flat Stick, OEM HID/Halos, Dyno Tuned by ECS
sdynak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 01:49 PM   #24
mikeman
Banned

Drives: 2015 Camaro
The 5th gen is a design classic. The concept car looked stunning and the 5th gen was closely modeled after that. In fact, even though the 5th gen is retro designed from the original '69, I actually like it better than the original.

The 6th gen look a lot more derivative. It's all pinched up with angular lines and looks kind of importish (is that a word? lol!). The 5th gen looks big and muscular while the 6th gen looks small and delicate.

Since I'm big on design, I'm never going to sell my 5th gen. It was a design classic when it came out and it still is a design classic. Also, it's aging pretty well. It still looks just as good today as it did back in '09. I don't think the 6th gen will age as good as the 5th gen.

I'm never going to sell my 5th gen. I don't really like anything else that's currently made today.
mikeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 02:09 PM   #25
sdynak

Drives: 2010 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeman View Post
The 5th gen is a design classic. The concept car looked stunning and the 5th gen was closely modeled after that. In fact, even though the 5th gen is retro designed from the original '69, I actually like it better than the original.

The 6th gen look a lot more derivative. It's all pinched up with angular lines and looks kind of importish (is that a word? lol!). The 5th gen looks big and muscular while the 6th gen looks small and delicate.

Since I'm big on design, I'm never going to sell my 5th gen. It was a design classic when it came out and it still is a design classic. Also, it's aging pretty well. It still looks just as good today as it did back in '09. I don't think the 6th gen will age as good as the 5th gen.

I'm never going to sell my 5th gen. I don't really like anything else that's currently made today.
You said it better than what my gibberish meant.. I have never spoke a word in the past 5 years since I owned my 2010 about selling. I may have said over my dead body. That is as close as it gets. I waited too long to get this and she is here to stay.

The fact is the 5th Gen is still turning heads on the road where the 6th Gen is just blending in with the rest.

I don't care if I'm behind a 6th Gen as long as the looks are directed appropriately . I can't go anywhere fast on the road anyway.

No disrespect to the 6th Gen.. if I had one I would DD it where my 5th is more of a keeper. Is anyone actually considering a 6th Gen as a keeper? I don't frequent the forum to see the views. Here it seems that is more of the sentiment to hold onto.
2010 1SS LS3, Black, 235/250, .621/.615, 114 + 4, Kooks Stepped Headers, 3.91's, Bo White PTB, Flowmaster Mufflers, Cold Air Industries CAI, Apex Scoop & Windshield Washer Relocate, SLP Wheels, Skip Shift Eliminate, Barton Flat Stick, OEM HID/Halos, Dyno Tuned by ECS
sdynak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 02:36 PM   #26
mikeman
Banned

Drives: 2015 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdynak View Post
You said it better than what my gibberish meant.. I have never spoke a word in the past 5 years since I owned my 2010 about selling. I may have said over my dead body. That is as close as it gets. I waited too long to get this and she is here to stay.

The fact is the 5th Gen is still turning heads on the road where the 6th Gen is just blending in with the rest.

I don't care if I'm behind a 6th Gen as long as the looks are directed appropriately . I can't go anywhere fast on the road anyway.

No disrespect to the 6th Gen.. if I had one I would DD it where my 5th is more of a keeper. Is anyone actually considering a 6th Gen as a keeper? I don't frequent the forum to see the views. Here it seems that is more of the sentiment to hold onto.
Same here! If I had a 6th gen, it would be my daily while the 5th gen would be the garage queen. Well, it kinda already is due to this stupid Covid crap thing. lol!

In traffic, I don't notice the 6th gens as much unless it's a fancy 1LE or ZL1 model. Even then, it's kind of hard to pick them out. They don't seem to have as much "road presence" as the 5th gen in my opinion.

Not to ruffle any feathers, but I think most people who buy a 6th gen don't really plan on keeping them for the long haul. Even ZL1 owners seem to upgrade every few years. You can see this pattern on the 6th gen forum. When the electric SUV style 7th gen comes out (think Mustang Mach-e), they'll probably be hopping on to that one too if the 0-60's are low enough. lol!

If the 7th gen looks just as good as the 5th gen, I may upgrade as well. However, I'm thinking that's probably very very unlikely given the recent designs coming out of GM.
mikeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 03:09 PM   #27
Bigdumogre

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Blue RS/SS View Post
Funny I hate the later wheels and love the 10-11.
Haha that’s what makes cars so great. What one person likes other don’t. Mine has the SS in it and the more square air bag. The circle airbag is weird to me
2012 Camaro 2SS/RS - CSP Custom Cam 232/240 .615/.615 113 +3, Texas speed CNC heads, FTI billet triple disc converter, K&N cai, Katech ported TB, GPI Ported/rod modded manifold, Texas speed 1 7/8 headers, HFC, Flowmaster 2 chambers with x pipe, Mishimoto CC, MSD wires, Roto fab washer relocation, tru cool 40k trans cooler, apex scoop, Pedders extreme coil overs and much more!!
Bigdumogre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 03:43 PM   #28
Bigdumogre

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeman View Post
Same here! If I had a 6th gen, it would be my daily while the 5th gen would be the garage queen. Well, it kinda already is due to this stupid Covid crap thing. lol!

In traffic, I don't notice the 6th gens as much unless it's a fancy 1LE or ZL1 model. Even then, it's kind of hard to pick them out. They don't seem to have as much "road presence" as the 5th gen in my opinion.

Not to ruffle any feathers, but I think most people who buy a 6th gen don't really plan on keeping them for the long haul. Even ZL1 owners seem to upgrade every few years. You can see this pattern on the 6th gen forum. When the electric SUV style 7th gen comes out (think Mustang Mach-e), they'll probably be hopping on to that one too if the 0-60's are low enough. lol!

If the 7th gen looks just as good as the 5th gen, I may upgrade as well. However, I'm thinking that's probably very very unlikely given the recent designs coming out of GM.
6th gen people seem the same as challenger people. They get them to go fast and will move on to the next thing when it comes out.

And the 7th gen hmmm cool concept
Attached Images

2012 Camaro 2SS/RS - CSP Custom Cam 232/240 .615/.615 113 +3, Texas speed CNC heads, FTI billet triple disc converter, K&N cai, Katech ported TB, GPI Ported/rod modded manifold, Texas speed 1 7/8 headers, HFC, Flowmaster 2 chambers with x pipe, Mishimoto CC, MSD wires, Roto fab washer relocation, tru cool 40k trans cooler, apex scoop, Pedders extreme coil overs and much more!!
Bigdumogre is offline   Reply With Quote