Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Phastek Performance

Old 06-21-2019, 11:02 AM   #1
samjlee27

Drives: Summit White 2018 Camaro 1SS M6
Custom Exhaust?

Anyone have experience with custom made exhausts from an exhaust shop? I'm trying to get a catback and was looking at the MBRP until a coworker recommended me a place called hiflo custom exhausts. Reviews seem good, but wondering if any of yall have any experience and would recommend it or just stick with what's proven.
samjlee27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 11:08 AM   #2
Camaro 79

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by samjlee27 View Post
Anyone have experience with custom made exhausts from an exhaust shop? I'm trying to get a catback and was looking at the MBRP until a coworker recommended me a place called hiflo custom exhausts. Reviews seem good, but wondering if any of yall have any experience and would recommend it or just stick with what's proven.
Crazy small world, I just got my Flowmaster American Thunder NPP installed there last week! Great place, I highly recommend. I've gone to custom exhaust shops in the past, and while the quality is excellent, I wasn't really happy with the sound. Hi-Flow has great reviews and they installed my exhaust with out a hitch, not too expensive and are quality people.

If you have the NPP, I'd recommend finding a sound you like and sending it there way to see if they can get you close (or better). The npp exhaust leans towards being raspy, so my main goal was getting rid of that. If you don't have NPP, I bet they can make you a great quality exhaust.

Past -
2016 Ford Mustang GT Performance Pack
2015 Camaro SS
2010 Ford Mustang GT
Camaro 79 is offline   Reply With Quote