Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 03-29-2014, 09:43 PM   #1
5genJordan

Drives: 13 Black Camaro 1SS
Warranty Voided

My warranty was blocked because of supposed nitrous usage. Car was fixed out of courtesy according to the dealer fix manager. Car was sent to the dealer twice, first time was due to a throw out bearing failure when i was then notified that my vehicle had a rough idle and that they (dealership) was trying to diagnose the problem. Problem was fixed supposedly and car was returned to me. The day I got it back my reverse gear was grinding. Never did this before. I didn't even leave the lot and went directly to the service advisor. He told me that he would take a look at it but first to drive it for a day and let it warm up. Really a new 13 camaro to let it warm up I never had a grinding problem with my car until AFTER the worked on my car. As I was driving the car like I was instructed to do so the check engine light came on and the rough idle came back. The first time it was serviced it was in for close to a month about 24 days. I would get a call once a week about what's going on with the car. No one really had an answer to what was going on with the car. I had to chase people down to what was going on. I took the car back for the second time. This time the car was in service for over a month. And I had to ask for a rental this time and was told that I would be contacted the following day about the rental car. I recieved a call 3 days later. Are you kidding me?? The whole time no one had any info other than there was a gm investigator involved. I was then finally told that they suspect I ran nitrous. I asked for proof and was told they had no proof other than the pistons and valves were too clean. They hassled me about if I ever ran nitrous or any mods done or if my car was tuned. No mods were done. Ever. I've asked about nitrous and fi on here. I've asked about motor setup before. I've asked about clutch issues and clutch options that are out there. They looked me up on here and followed my posts and used the posts of me using Nitto drag radials against me. I have 17k on the car. I drive the car everyday at least 100 miles due to work I travel to Arizona and California on a regular basis. I bought the car for two reasons to drive and not to worry about used car issues. I've had the car for 7 months. They had no proof at all. Presented me with no proof of actual nitrous usage or foul play. Like I said the dealership fixed my car the second time out of courtesy which I truly would appreciate if I really did used nitrous. But I didn't . Since then my warranty was blocked. Towards the middle of the second service I contacted the mg customer service line. They were only able to help me out with relaying information of the status of the car and when I would ask them questions I would be told to contact the dealership because they were the ones with that information. I would then call the dealership and was told mg service line had the info I was seeking. This continued the whole time. Always back and forth. I asked to see what my other options were. I was told I would recieve a phone call and that person would tell me what I could do. I was told it would be in the afternoon. I then received a call one night with a blocked number at 8 pm. I'm asleep by 7 pm due to my schedule. I didn't expect that to be the person so I never answered. I contacted the dealership and was told the number would be unknown or blocked. Again the following night I then recieved a call at 830 pm. 8:30 AT NIGHT. In my line of business that's not very professional at all. I answered the call and was talking to a man and asked about what could be done to my car or what can I do to get into another. This man who rambled about his previous cars and what he has done to his cars and so on just told me nothing can be done other than I can trade it in. But that gm would keep the blocked warranty to the next buyer and that the car had some value still in it. He then continued to ramble about his past vehicles and other members on here. I have no time for this non sense and told him ok have a good night. I did not want to deal with it this late at night. I can't believe that I had to chase people down for info , or I had to ask and was promised a phone call for a rental car and recieved the call 3 days later. I can't believe that gm can block a warranty with no evidence or proof . I can't believe the how unprofessional some gm reps were in contacting me. Funny thing is the service fix manager even told me that they had no proof. Even the gm service line rep told me they are not 100% or even 50% sure of what caused the issues but they think. THEY THINK ITS BECAUSE OF NITROUS. No real proof. No evidence presented to me. There's a ford dealership next to where I purchased my car I even have a family friend who is the SERVICE MANAGER there, not a service advisor but actual MANAGER who could of gotten me a nice deal on the 5.0. I purchased the camaro because I trusted the reviews and thought it was a better overall car. I could of gotten a better deal at ford but instead picked Chevy. Now I'm disappointed with the service. The product and material things can be fixed but horrible service starts from within the company. Just be aware guys of who you deal with.
5genJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 09:47 PM   #2
5genJordan

Im now in the market for a truck. Previous truck was a 06 SS silverado. Was able to haul my bike, tow, and carry a decent amount of people. But I wanted my first car. Awesome truck btw. It's riding season now. But because of this I'm steering away not because of the product but because of the service
Old 03-29-2014, 09:52 PM   #3
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
How did they know it was you on the forum?
Old 03-29-2014, 10:01 PM   #4
5genJordan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
How did they know it was you on the forum?
They said they KNEW it was me because of a post I made when I first joined about my custom plates. Which is complete bs
Old 03-29-2014, 10:16 PM   #5
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5genJordan View Post
They said they KNEW it was me because of a post I made when I first joined about my custom plates. Which is complete bs
Was it the dealer that said this or a GM rep?
I think before they can actually void your warranty they have to prove your car was modded. Since you never said on the forum you put nitrous on your car in a post just asking about it is no proof you did it. I think they were trying to scare you.
Old 03-29-2014, 10:32 PM   #6
5genJordan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
Was it the dealer that said this or a GM rep?
I think before they can actually void your warranty they have to prove your car was modded. Since you never said on the forum you put nitrous on your car in a post just asking about it is no proof you did it. I think they were trying to scare you.
Both. Chevy and mg reps told me this
Old 03-29-2014, 11:23 PM   #7
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Quote:
Both. Chevy and mg reps told me this
Never heard of that happening to anyone before. Thanks for the heads up.
Old 03-30-2014, 12:57 AM   #8
jrpimp00

Drives: '10 Black/IOM Camaro SS/RS
It took me forever to read this, lol. OP what are you going to do going forward? Please dont just let them bend you over on this
Old 03-30-2014, 02:55 AM   #9
5genJordan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrpimp00 View Post
It took me forever to read this, lol. OP what are you going to do going forward? Please dont just let them bend you over on this
No definitely not. I'm trying to be patient with them and let them take their time. I'm trying to work them. I even offered for them to buy back the car but get me into one of equal value or make me a deal for a more expensive one they refused. I forgot to add that I work for a law firm hence the reason why I'm asleep early and have a busy schedule and don't appreciate a business call at 830 at night regarding an issue that should be handled during regular business hours. If the issues were handled professionally and a timely manner I wouldn't be on here talking about it warning others of the customer service...
Old 03-30-2014, 05:57 AM   #10
Hannibal

Drives: Camaro SS & ZL1
If you work for a law firm, have someone there look this up.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnuso...s_Warranty_Act

If everything you've reported here is 100% true, the dealer actions violate the above law.
Hannibal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 02:52 PM   #11
speedygonzales

Drives: 99 z71, 2012 2SS
All is not as it appears

Quote:
I bought the car for two reasons to drive and not to worry about used car issues.
Quote:
Hey guys I'm new to the forum and need some advice. What is needed after the fact if I buy headers and had them installed. Kind of looking for a good sound
Quote:
What wheels are you guys using for slicks and skinys. Like what size and what brand and model. I'm going to get these for my next mod. 20" drag radials are too Will 17's fit on the rear. Are you guys running 18" skinnys??

Quote:
Honestly want to keep the m6. Car is so much more enjoyable to drive for me. And also don't have the money for it as well haha. I guess I do Alrite with the m6. I love the whipple but some say because of how abrupt the power comes on that that's what breaks things. Unlike a centrificul supercharger that goes into it gradually. Still very good usable power but less shock on the car at launch. This is what I've heard and been told. Whipple vengence blower cam 3.91's lowering spring tie and toe rods and slicks and skinnys? And maybe even a little nitrous??
Quote:
I'm starting to compile a list of parts for my black beasst. My end goal is to run low 10's in the end. I want to remain stock cubes and be able to drive it everyday. What type of blower, cam, and supporting mods need to be done. What's the best clutch. Been looking around and really like the ecs blower kit with nightfury cam and 3.91's. But would this be enough for my goal. Just wanted to see what's everyone doing to achieve a street friendly beasst that runs 10's oh and I have the ls3 m6

First I want to say that if the dealer truly is saying they think you used nitrous and therefore your warranty is denied, they are wrong. That part, if true, I will give you. However, here's my take on your situation. You're not being completely honest with us, much less the dealer. You never got this car because you thought it was a reliable daily driver to get to a job at a law office. With the quality of your first post of this thread, I'm not completely sure what you do at a law office. You got this car to beat on it.

You have multiple posts indicating you wanted to modify your "reliable daily driver" to get into the 10's. I originally thought you bought the car in August because you said you owned it for 7 months just yesterday. But then I found this posted on December 1st.
Quote:
Had mine for 7 months just hit 12k. Cant stop driving it.
December 1st to March 29th. That's a 4 month difference. You stuck in a time machine?

I'm not sure what to believe. I know what I think based on what I read.

In November you started by asking about headers then tires and on and on and on. You wanted a "beasst" from day one and intended to beat on it every chance you got.

Yeah I don't think it's right that the dealer makes a claim that you did something like nitrous and denies your warranty. That is just plain wrong. But you been trashing this thing since you got it. I assure you of that. You smoke the tires and race every chance you get. I know your kind. You're not being straight with us, how do we know what else you aren't tell us.

You're modding the crap out of the thing, driving it like you stole it, it breaks and you cry foul. Another reason why I say your not being honest with us. Look these posts that were quotes from someone else quoting you.

Originally Posted by 5genJordan
We'll I went out and bought the MSD wire set and threw them on and still getting the same thing. I'm so fed up with this problem now. Had a buddy of mine check everything using HP tuning software. He said everything was running as it should on the screen but he could even notice it was idling rough. One thing I forgot to mention was the plugs I'm using are NGK's tr6's gapped at .035. From my understanding these are cold plugs but not so cold to raise hell like this. I been running the te6's for about 3k miles but now I'm into my third set since this last Friday. And yes it's taking longer than normal to turn on. Cranks more than usual before starting.

Yeah I have a budget set and spending the extra 3k or however much it costs to do an AT swap is out of the picture. Everything will be in time but hopefully done before summer. Even if I had the extra cash I wouldn't do an auto trans swap. Takes the fun out of driving for me. Maybe others like an auto trans but not me. Yes If things break I have a back up but like stated already I'll try to do most of the preventative upgrades to avoid this.

I ran low 13's at the track. Don't have the slips anymore. Actually the first time out I was told by a shop that my tires won't hook and blah blah blah. Gave them a good burnout (555r's) and launch her at 4k an holy hell felt like the car was going to wheelie. Thought i broke something. I was used to launching on a vht prepped street. Track was hooking that night. I was thinking nightfury cam ecs kit with meth. Msd2step 3.91's with slicks and skinnys. Would this do it and still keep daily driven reliability? Upgraded clutch and axles of course

Those posts do NOT appear in your history of posts anywhere. They were posted by you originally, quoted by someone else and then you deleted them. Why?

First time out?? How many times where there? It was hard to determine when you posted the track runs. Where they after you knew you had a mis?

You knew in early November you had a misfire. I didn't read where you took it to a dealer. You posted on Dec 1, you can't stop driving it. Then you post this Dec 6th

Quote:
I had my buddy run a compression test and all cylinders were at 180+ except cylinder number 2 it was at about 45 psi.
When you eventually took your car to the dealer for what you call a "rough idle", did you mention the compression reading to them? Did you mention the miss as far back as November? I know you didn't mention several runs at the track so I won't ask if you did.

Let's say you had no spark to one cylinder for any reason. You continue to drive it and what do you think is going to happen? It is referred to as "souping". The unburned fuel washes the cylinder down and major damage follows.

You don't have my sympathy. Doubt you will get any from anyone else. This should not be posted on this forum. You may have been denied warranty for the wrong reason, but you should have been denied warranty. You have no gripe here. Once a year a dealer has a customer from hell. You are the one this year.
speedygonzales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 03:05 PM   #12
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Speedy, his reply will surely be entertaining.....I can't wait..
Old 03-30-2014, 03:09 PM   #13
31B

Drives: 2014 Black 1SS A6
Send a message via Yahoo to 31B
31B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 03:30 PM   #14
jrhagen
Banned

Drives: Camaro
jrhagen is offline   Reply With Quote