Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 12-09-2009, 12:00 AM   #1
paphialex

Drives: 2010 1LT Blk/Blk on 19" w/ Sunroof
Weird Noises from the Radio

Hey guys, I just wanted to see if anybody else is seeing/hearing these noises.

I was browsing the car manual the other night (new bedtime reader) and noticed you can turn on the radio in the car without the key in the ignition. Just push the power button on the volume knob and the radio will be on for 10mins (good for lunch breaks with RAW comedy on XM)

Well when I do this, I hear some odd noises, at first I thought it was the CD player trying to read a CD, but I dunno it just didn't sound right. It's not that loud, but definitely noticeable. Anybody else having this issue?
Old 12-09-2009, 04:10 AM   #2
Matrix

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS/RS & Magnum R/T
If you mean a fuzzy sound then yes, it lasts about 3-4 seconds. I only have the radio on when the car is started so it could be some electronic interference as the preliminary computer checks are done. BUT...

Old 12-09-2009, 04:15 AM   #3
Mayhem

Drives: 2010 2SS RS M6 Camaro (Black)
My theory is that, Onstar is actually code for only nasa sees the actual reality.

This reality is that the voices you hear when you "call onstar" are actually little aliens in your dash who have been captured by NASA and are being auctioned off to other companies to enslave them for our every day purposes..

What you are hearing is probably these little aliens in the dash entertaining themselves while they await your next direction request. It must be hard to sit still in there for so long.

Who else could possibly know where EVERYTHING is!!
Mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 04:34 AM   #4
Matrix

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS/RS & Magnum R/T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
My theory is that, Onstar is actually code for only nasa sees the actual reality.

This reality is that the voices you hear when you "call onstar" are actually little aliens in your dash who have been captured by NASA and are being auctioned off to other companies to enslave them for our every day purposes..

What you are hearing is probably these little aliens in the dash entertaining themselves while they await your next direction request. It must be hard to sit still in there for so long.

Dude your scaring me with this fact. im going to lock myself in a padded cell and not come out. I will keep the Camaro with me ofcourse and pull Megan Fox in with me NATURALLY.

Stop scaring me .. ok keep scaring me!! LOL
Old 12-09-2009, 01:40 PM   #5
rolnslo
Rolling along...

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS SGM
My radio does this too. It doesn't last more than about 5 seconds or so but it messes with the sounds coming out of the speakers. First time I heard it I thought one of my speakers had blown.
Old 12-09-2009, 01:50 PM   #6
shad2009
"Cassie"

Drives: 2007 Tungsten Grey Mustang GT
Send a message via AIM to shad2009 Send a message via Yahoo to shad2009
it's optimus prime calling all autobots from around the world...it's communicating bak to him lol...that is a nice feature tho...The Foxxhole will def be listened to on my breaks lol

Future Wheels - 2014 Ford Mustang GT & 2014 Chevy Camaro
shad2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 03:23 PM   #7
paphialex

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolnslo View Post
My radio does this too. It doesn't last more than about 5 seconds or so but it messes with the sounds coming out of the speakers. First time I heard it I thought one of my speakers had blown.
Yes you probably have it too, mine doesn't last that long. You think it is possibly something to be concerned about?
Old 12-09-2009, 03:42 PM   #8
rolnslo
Rolling along...

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS SGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by paphialex View Post
Yes you probably have it too, mine doesn't last that long. You think it is possibly something to be concerned about?
I'm not too worried about it yet. I can only hear it when I turn the radio on without starting the car. I can't even hear it once the car starts...new exhaust is a tad bit loud and drowns out the radio unless I turn it up.

Hopefully it isn't a precursor to something going wrong with the radio. If so, I'll just get it replaced under warranty.
Old 12-09-2009, 03:49 PM   #9
Coldpants
Nerdy one

Drives: #000000 & #FF8000 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post

Damn he knows about the aliens... (begins looking for tranquilizer gun darts.)
Coldpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 06:45 PM   #10
RandyB

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS M6 SIM
Mine does this too. If you get in and start the car, which is most often the case, you will not hear it. I think this sound is normal, but most people have never listened for it. It sounds mechanical. If I was forced to guess, I would say the HVAC is powered when you turn on the radio and the sound we hear is the vents opening/closing. Someone will have the answer. Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Anyone?
RandyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 12:51 AM   #11
paphialex

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyB View Post
Mine does this too. If you get in and start the car, which is most often the case, you will not hear it. I think this sound is normal, but most people have never listened for it. It sounds mechanical. If I was forced to guess, I would say the HVAC is powered when you turn on the radio and the sound we hear is the vents opening/closing. Someone will have the answer. Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Anyone?
Sounds good to me. Any other guesses out there
Old 12-10-2009, 01:05 AM   #12
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
cd player cycling looking for a cd?
Old 12-12-2009, 02:14 PM   #13
CamaroEnergy4Life
CamaroEnergy4Life

Drives: 2015 Camaro Z28
i hear this noise too.
Old 12-15-2009, 12:02 AM   #14
paphialex

Looks like it is nothing to worry about. Thanks fellas.