Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 03-27-2011, 11:12 PM   #1149
zebra
just can't seem to leave

Drives: your mom wild!!
psh... i did an engine swap with hand tools (minus the air hammer i had to cart out there once to cut a nut off).

and at least you didn't bust your finger because you were just spinning it in the wheel
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 11:14 PM   #1150
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra View Post
psh... i did an engine swap with hand tools (minus the air hammer i had to cart out there once to cut a nut off).

and at least you didn't bust your finger because you were just spinning it in the wheel
He's still in the 'Bloody digits on C5' club.....
Old 03-27-2011, 11:15 PM   #1151
Huggerorange73
Banned

Drives: The REAL C5
Send a message via AIM to Huggerorange73
Quote:

Don't get me wrong....you can do just about damn near anything with handtools. When you're booking hours to put $$$$$ in your pocket, you want all the airtools you can get to do it FAST!
Huggerorange73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 11:18 PM   #1152
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huggerorange73 View Post
Don't get me wrong....you can do just about damn near anything with handtools. When you're booking hours to put $$$$$ in your pocket, you want all the airtools you can get to do it FAST!
Can't argue with that. I have them but I only have a 6 gallon compressor.

It's just hard to come off of that 500.00 for a bigger one.

I can get the wheels off of Bonnies car, but can't even budge mine.
Old 03-27-2011, 11:18 PM   #1153
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Nice bro.

Looks like you are ready to go for the road course

GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 11:20 PM   #1154
PQ
Booooosted.

So Doug? How far did you get?

Is it done?
Old 03-27-2011, 11:25 PM   #1155
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Ain't that the truth!

Believe me...I looked today. I spent $80 on the ratchets and all. The compressor I wanted was about $150...the 1/2" impact wrench was about 100...even though I found a kit for 80 which had a ton of other stuff. Man, I REALLY want to get a compressor and tools. Soon enough.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 11:26 PM   #1156
Huggerorange73
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
Ain't that the truth!

Believe me...I looked today. I spent $80 on the ratchets and all. The compressor I wanted was about $150...the 1/2" impact wrench was about 100...even though I found a kit for 80 which had a ton of other stuff. Man, I REALLY want to get a compressor and tools. Soon enough.
In the meantime just take your time and BE SAFE!!!!
Old 03-27-2011, 11:31 PM   #1157
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Oh........................... damn.

Uh...... ya............ I uh..................not really................

Ok, so here's what I'm thinki.................. if I were to............ just............

Oh, screw it..................

You are in the club. hahaha

Sucks dude. Emergency room visit?

You didn't pry from underneath? Or was that the rear/higher ones that are deeper underneath?

Nah...no emergency room visit. I split the tip on the far left side right down the nail to the quick. It wasn't that bad...hurt for a second and then got right back to it. The ones that were being a bitch were the fronts. I used a pry bar to pull one side down and then put the screw in between the washer and bush to keep it apart. Then I went to the other side and pried on that part putting in another spacer. finally went around the washer with the prybar to a 3rd spot and pulled like a SOB on it and it finally flew out.

I didn't get the higher up rears yet. I ran out of time trying to get those fronts out, chasing kids running away from the house, spraying each other with the water hose, trying to find the kids because they disappeared around the side of the house AGAIN.....lol...

I'm going to give the rears a go tomorrow after work if I can. Just needed more time.
Old 03-27-2011, 11:35 PM   #1158
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Quote:

OOOOoooohhhh

Quote:
He's still in the 'Bloody digits on C5' club.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huggerorange73 View Post
...or when the wife is yelling at you to "HURRY UP!!!! WE NEED TO LEAVE!!!" or "HURRY UP!!! DINNER IS READY!!!" God, I'm so tired of getting yelled at.... LEAVE ME ALONE. I'M WORKING. IF I COULD HAVE BEEN DONE BY NOW, I WOULD BE. AIR TOOLS. BUY THEM. THIS WILL GO FASTER.

Hrm....

I think I might be getting something soon....
Old 03-27-2011, 11:36 PM   #1159
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post

Nah...no emergency room visit. I split the tip on the far left side right down the nail to the quick. It wasn't that bad...hurt for a second and then got right back to it. The ones that were being a bitch were the fronts. I used a pry bar to pull one side down and then put the screw in between the washer and bush to keep it apart. Then I went to the other side and pried on that part putting in another spacer. finally went around the washer with the prybar to a 3rd spot and pulled like a SOB on it and it finally flew out.

I didn't get the higher up rears yet. I ran out of time trying to get those fronts out, chasing kids running away from the house, spraying each other with the water hose, trying to find the kids because they disappeared around the side of the house AGAIN.....lol...

I'm going to give the rears a go tomorrow after work if I can. Just needed more time.
Damn. Busy busy.

The rears were easier. If you get a chance, take a bolt out of the front, get underneath the mount assembly and look up into the bolt hole at how the rings hook on.......... you'll kick yourself. If you pried fom there they come of on the first pry. It's where they are hooked on at.

But you got em', that's all that counts. What are those smaller bushings for in the pic?
Old 03-27-2011, 11:36 PM   #1160
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post
Nice bro.

Looks like you are ready to go for the road course

Just about.
Quote:
So Doug? How far did you get?

Is it done?
Not done yet.

Still have the upper rear sub frames to do and the radius bushings to do.

I'll see if I can tackle those tomorrow.
Old 03-27-2011, 11:41 PM   #1161
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Quote:
Damn. Busy busy.

The rears were easier. If you get a chance, take a bolt out of the front, get underneath the mount assembly and look up into the bolt hole at how the rings hook on.......... you'll kick yourself. If you pried fom there they come of on the first pry. It's where they are hooked on at.

But you got em', that's all that counts. What are those smaller bushings for in the pic?

It didn't quite explain it like that in the directions. Damnit... I was going on the larger part of the outer ring...between the washer and bush

Oh well, .... now I know...

The smaller bushes are the radius bushes.

http://www.homedepot.com/Tools-Hardw...atalogId=10053

Not a bad looking kit. I wonder what the impact drill can do.
Old 03-27-2011, 11:44 PM   #1162
Huggerorange73
Banned

Just a word of advice.......

Don't cheap out on your impact gun.....spend the $$$$ on a good one.

Tags
adjustable camber plates, camarocross, cgm, cyber gray metallic, factory reproductions, hertz, jl audio, litho, pedders, rick-rolled, rodgers chevrolet, stainless works, supercars, tom henry, zl1 bumper