Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > Canada

Old 05-09-2009, 08:47 AM   #1
SQUALO

Drives: CHEVROLET
CANADIANS WITH THEIR CAMARO

Check in if you've recieved your Camaro, and give us a quick rundown on the order to dealer story. HOW LONG DID THE PROCESS TAKE?
Old 05-09-2009, 09:17 AM   #2
super60
Built with Pride "Oshawa"

Drives: 2011 Chev Silverado Z71 Crew
Quote:
Originally Posted by SQUALO View Post
Check in if you've recieved your Camaro, and give us a quick rundown on the order to dealer story. HOW LONG DID THE PROCESS TAKE?
Frank

Have you ordered or received yours ? I 'm interested in finding a couple of Canadians who have bought a Camaro. Super60
super60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 09:43 AM   #3
camarorick

Drives: .
Mine is apparently "in transit", so as soon as I have her, I'll post it..... Fellow members RickRay, and Orangeinfernoman have theirs already
camarorick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 10:28 AM   #4
BLACK67

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS CGM
Send a message via MSN to BLACK67
Got my VIN, got my vin got my got my vin
Dynatech LT headers, Hi flow Cats
MBRP 3" 304 stainless X-pipe exhaust
Fastlane true CAI.
Barton shifter
BLACK67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 11:27 AM   #5
BLAKMGIC

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2SS / RS / Blk
Black 2SS built for some time now (817). Ordered May 2008. Built March 2009. Received call on Friday. Should be next or following week. Keeping my fingers crossed.
BLAKMGIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 11:47 AM   #6
SQUALO

Quote:
Originally Posted by super60 View Post
Frank

Have you ordered or received yours ? I 'm interested in finding a couple of Canadians who have bought a Camaro. Super60
I ordered in March, before pre-order deadline cut-off, and my order still hasn't been pulled, but I'm going to call the dealer next week to see if there's any updates. My order is #4 of 7 at the dealer. I'm noticing a trend of approx
3months from when you order to when the order actually gets pulled.
Old 05-10-2009, 12:27 AM   #7
dragon22

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS SIM
I didn't "order" a Camaro, but while I was at the dealer having the Malibu serviced (March 28th), I sat with the Sales Manager and discussed the Camaro. I told him what I would want in a Camaro and he stated he had one coming in with what I wanted plus ground effects and a sunroof. (2LT/RS black on black)

At this time, it was built and he expected it in by the end of April, beginning of May. He even had a serial number for it, which he gave to me and is 100936.

May 9th and still waiting for the car to arrive. Reading the forums, it appears to me that it is still in QC being gone over with a fine tooth comb. This beats GM sending us the cars with defects and leaving it up to the dealer to repair while we are inconvenienced by not having our cars anyway. I am confused as to why so many in the States have received their cars though. Is Canada just stricter on the QC? Or have more people in Canada received their cars than we have been made aware of?

Regardless...I am VERY anxious, to say the least, about receiving my car. As of May 6 there was still no movement and they are not being told anything more than this either.

I just hope the car is as perfect as it can be when I get it. And I will say again...ANXIOUS!
dragon22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 01:38 AM   #8
bumblebee123

Drives: Fast & the Furious
Pre-Ordered back on January. Hopefully its here next month. By the way, I'm in Vancouver.
bumblebee123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 09:16 AM   #9
SQUALO

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon22 View Post
I didn't "order" a Camaro, but while I was at the dealer having the Malibu serviced (March 28th), I sat with the Sales Manager and discussed the Camaro. I told him what I would want in a Camaro and he stated he had one coming in with what I wanted plus ground effects and a sunroof. (2LT/RS black on black)

At this time, it was built and he expected it in by the end of April, beginning of May. He even had a serial number for it, which he gave to me and is 100936.

May 9th and still waiting for the car to arrive. Reading the forums, it appears to me that it is still in QC being gone over with a fine tooth comb. This beats GM sending us the cars with defects and leaving it up to the dealer to repair while we are inconvenienced by not having our cars anyway. I am confused as to why so many in the States have received their cars though. Is Canada just stricter on the QC? Or have more people in Canada received their cars than we have been made aware of?

Regardless...I am VERY anxious, to say the least, about receiving my car. As of May 6 there was still no movement and they are not being told anything more than this either.

I just hope the car is as perfect as it can be when I get it. And I will say again...ANXIOUS!
I personally think we're getting the shaft! If it's about quality control fine, but no one can confirm that, and look at the ratio of delivered cars to U.S. to Canada (both customer & dealers). What pissed me off , and I made it known, in a couple of other posts, were those mass quantity of Camaros showing up at special events (i.e. Houston, Mets Citifield) that are not owned, and WE the buying public are still waiting. Why not get the customers' & dealers' cars out first (in that order) and believe me once those cars hit the streets, EVERYONE will know that the Camaro is back!

Take a look at how many Camaros are in this one set of pictures and tell me that doesn't burn you http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21996
Old 05-10-2009, 10:50 AM   #10
dragon22

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS SIM
Quote:
I personally think we're getting the shaft! If it's about quality control fine, but no one can confirm that, and look at the ratio of delivered cars to U.S. to Canada (both customer & dealers). What pissed me off , and I made it known, in a couple of other posts, were those mass quantity of Camaros showing up at special events (i.e. Houston, Mets Citifield) that are not owned, and WE the buying public are still waiting. Why not get the customers' & dealers' cars out first (in that order) and believe me once those cars hit the streets, EVERYONE will know that the Camaro is back!

Take a look at how many Camaros are in this one set of pictures and tell me that doesn't burn you http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21996
Hmmm...that IS very disturbing.

Sadly, there is nothing we can do but wait? I believe my dealer when they say they are being told nothing as well. They have never led me to believe otherwise. Very disturbing........
dragon22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 03:57 PM   #11
SleepWarz
Banned

Drives: 1991 New Yorker, 69 Tbird, ABM2SSRS
But then again if were talking about raitos, the us has more people in cali than in all of Canada.
SleepWarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 05:06 PM   #12
RickRay
INJACC

Drives: 2010 CGM 2LT/RS AUTO
Quote:
I ordered mine back in Nov. 06, 2008. I didn't get any info from my dealer except to say that I'm one of 2 Camaros that he's getting. He did give me an order # on Feb 09 but it happened to be Orangeinfernomans #. So I was following the production of the wrong car( He got his on the 24 Apr if not mistaken) Anyways I had phoned my CSR at Gm Canada on the 27 Apr..to see if she had any more info and all she said that it was on hold and didn't give me any info to go on So on Thursday morning when I got to work there was a message from my dealer stating that my CAR had arrived that afternoon(WED). So the rest of the work day was pretty wild I couldn't wait till after work to go see my car. I got there at 4;30 and he let me test drive it right away....boy it was amazing. I told when it could be ready he said next week...I said NOWAY I want it tomorrow(Friday). He checked it out and said it could be done but had to start the paper work right away So Friday came and drove off with my car.
So thats my story ...sorry if I rambled on to much
RickRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 05:37 PM   #13
phatman
Zedder of course...

Drives: 95 Monte Carlo Z34
Quote:
FYI Nurse Chev Olds in Whitby called me Fri saying that they are getting 3 more Camaros. They are at 1100 right now but they can modify them till they get to the 1500 stage - approx 2 wks.
I am very tempted to get one right now - but I think I'll wait until I can order option 1...
Old 05-10-2009, 07:25 PM   #14
juicy ss

Drives: 1999 HOSS Conv & 2010 IOM SS
Mine is still in quality control. was told for sure this week. The wait has been brutal and really upsetting now
juicy ss is offline   Reply With Quote