Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 02-13-2013, 01:11 AM   #337
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Oh no, I wasn't referring it to you. I was just stating it in general. Those are the usual excuses a lot of people give to gains or losses.

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 01:19 AM   #338
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 01:20 AM   #339
TJ91

so this tune is only if you run 91 octane.

Is there any tune that has a benefit for 87 octane? 91 grade is REALLY expensive here
To fil 70L tank, would cost $101 vs $90 for 87
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
Old 02-13-2013, 01:23 AM   #340
TJ91

well the SC gains look right in line with their claims, so the tunes look good in comparison like right where they should be
Old 02-13-2013, 02:25 AM   #341
SNV

Drives: 2014 RRM 2ls
That is a big difference in numbers. I haven't had my tuned yet. To tell you the truth I never thought the gains were worth the cost. Right now I have Doug Thorley shorties, CAI, Flow Master axle back, and an Isolator. If I could get a jump in numbers like that I would be in .
SNV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 07:19 AM   #342
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Old 02-13-2013, 07:22 AM   #343
KalCorp
Space Coast Camaros

Drives: 2012 Camaro Vert
Difference between Trifecta and IPF

Eng always runs a lot better right after a tune. I can feel a difference just reloading my ECM all the time.

Unless both tunes where just reloaded its not the best Comparison is it?

But still very nice. Gratz, Cant wait to get my SC :-)

Hey no one had answered my question if the IPF also tunes the TCM now. That alone is worth the $ on a auto :-)

Last edited by KalCorp; 02-13-2013 at 07:35 AM.
KalCorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 08:21 AM   #344
SixCyl

Drives: 2010 Camaro CGM V6
Wow great job! I kinda wish I had this over trifecta! But given the cost at the time, I still think IPF was out of my budget. Maybe next year you guys will have a $300 sale? Either it's great to know our camaros have two great options to choose from.
El gato. Mods: Eagle eye headlights, 18" Axis Sport graphite, Roto-Fab cold air intake, Vmax ported TB, 3/8" Vmax Black-Ice, RX single valve catch can, RX breather, Pedders inserts, Trifecta tune, BBK LTH 304 SS.

art/ärt/Noun. Definition: 5th generation Camaro.
SixCyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 10:02 AM   #345
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Glad to see these numbers finally get posted up! I've had em for a few days now, just kept em quiet lol.

Guys, I want to point you all back to some earlier posts on this thread. There is more details with graphs if you view the posts, but here is a quick overview.

This post has the original "13HP gain" Trifecta versus stock tune, and has a graph with stock, modded with headers and stock tune, and modded with headers and Trifecta tune. In this case there was a 12HP and 15TQ gain:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showpo...&postcount=196

Now I'll direct your to "Korrosion"s post, with a graph showing stock with intake, IPF tune with intake, and finally IPF tune with headers and intake. 21HP gain and 32 TQ.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showpo...&postcount=187

Both cars are LLTs. Now I'm not saying these comparisons are completely valid as I'm well aware of how different dynos act, and how the modded Trifecta graph was done on different days and such, and was also 87 octane fuel.

All I'm saying is, there is some good promise here with the IPF tune. The downside is yes it is more expensive, but I believe Jesse is offering some sort of discount for Camaro5 members, so that could be an incentive to try it out. I'd love to try it out, but my wife and I have spent a crap ton of money in the past few months, and I'm trying to be frugal lol.
Old 02-13-2013, 10:06 AM   #346
Matt @ FSP

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
Glad to see these numbers finally get posted up! I've had em for a few days now, just kept em quiet lol.

Guys, I want to point you all back to some earlier posts on this thread. There is more details with graphs if you view the posts, but here is a quick overview.

This post has the original "13HP gain" Trifecta versus stock tune, and has a graph with stock, modded with headers and stock tune, and modded with headers and Trifecta tune. In this case there was a 12HP and 15TQ gain:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showpo...&postcount=196

Now I'll direct your to "Korrosion"s post, with a graph showing stock with intake, IPF tune with intake, and finally IPF tune with headers and intake. 21HP gain and 32 TQ.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showpo...&postcount=187

Both cars are LLTs. Now I'm not saying these comparisons are completely valid as I'm well aware of how different dynos act, and how the modded Trifecta graph was done on different days and such, and was also 87 octane fuel.

All I'm saying is, there is some good promise here with the IPF tune. The downside is yes it is more expensive, but I believe Jesse is offering some sort of discount for Camaro5 members, so that could be an incentive to try it out. I'd love to try it out, but my wife and I have spent a crap ton of money in the past few months, and I'm trying to be frugal lol.
Jesse or I will work out a nice deal on any IPF tuning for you. We have an in-house module here that I can loan out on a core refundable basis so the end-user can load their own tune if not close to an IPF dealer!

PM me for options, with modifications.
Matt @ FSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 10:08 AM   #347
KalCorp
Space Coast Camaros

Drives: 2012 Camaro Vert
Does the IPF come with a TCM tune also? No one wants to answer this. Asked a couple of times.

If not this could be a deal breaker for anyone with a Auto. Since the TCM update is a must have! If it does then i am sorry i was not able to find that info.

I know if i went with a IPF SC and it only had the ECM update. ( It only did months ago i was told) I would still tune the TCM with the Trifecta :-) Best of both.
KalCorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 10:11 AM   #348
Matt @ FSP

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by KalCorp View Post
Does the IPF come with a TCM tune also? No one wants to answer this. Asked a couple of times.

If not this could be a deal breaker for anyone with a Auto. Since the TCM update is a must have! If it does then i am sorry i was not able to find that info.

I know if i went with a IPF SC and it only had the ECM update. ( It only did months ago i was told) I would still tune the TCM with the Trifecta :-) Best of both.
I will get you a solid answer on this !

- Matt
Matt @ FSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 10:13 AM   #349
Untouchable Keeve

Drives: 2011 1LT
Finally multiple tests to validate IPF's numbers!!! I've been saving, and will keep saving for this tune.
Untouchable Keeve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 10:16 AM   #350
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Quote:
Originally Posted by KalCorp View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt @ FSP View Post
I will get you a solid answer on this !

- Matt