Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southeast

Old 02-03-2013, 09:27 AM   #267
SimMan

Drives: 2011 SIM Convertible
Send a message via Skype™ to SimMan
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyCamaro View Post
We had the first official meeting of the MCCC officers today at Carl Black Chevrolet, one of our new sponsors. It was a very productive meeting and we have a lot of exciting things in the works. There will be a standardized way to announce "official" club events, perks for membership, new kinds of events (autocross, cruise-ins, cruises, overnight travel events, etc) and some very cool events we will be invited to sponsored by Carl Black Chevrolet. Stay tuned for more details coming soon. Here is a pic from today's meeting (sorry Dr Love, you had already left before we took the pic)
Nice going this all sounds great. I hope we can use tithe new web page to do some of the announcing etc. also in your discussions it might be a good idea to mention the page and the fact that we can add links to our sponsers on the site.
Just some thoughts.
SimMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 05:51 PM   #268
driser

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
We had the first official meeting of the MCCC officers today at Carl Black Chevrolet, one of our new sponsors. It was a very productive meeting and we have a lot of exciting things in the works. There will be a standardized way to announce "official" club events, perks for membership, new kinds of events (autocross, cruise-ins, cruises, overnight travel events, etc) and some very cool events we will be invited to sponsored by Carl Black Chevrolet. Stay tuned for more details coming soon. Here is a pic from today's meeting (sorry Dr Love, you had already left before we took the pic)
OK ACE5 in Atlanta has an event for you!!

We are putting on a Camaro Corral at Road Atlanta for the Grand Am event on 4/19 - 4/20/13. There is a thread in the Southeast section with all of the details.

We have invited clubs from all of the surrounding states, and hope to get a big showing. If you have never been to Road Atlanta, or a road course race, it is something you don't want to miss. Both Grand AM Series races will be on Saturday, but the Corral is Friday and Saturday. It will include reserved parking for Camaros, a lap around Road Atlanta, and hopefully a meet and greet with the Stevenson Camaro Race Team. We are also planning a cruise and dinner for friday night for those interested.

If you are available and would like to make this, please of to the original thread (first post) and see the details. Also, please send me the names of anyone interested and I will add them to the sign up list.

Let me know if you have any questions,

Thanks,

David
driser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 09:49 PM   #269
dianeokie
Going places

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Victory Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by driser View Post
OK ACE5 in Atlanta has an event for you!!

We are putting on a Camaro Corral at Road Atlanta for the Grand Am event on 4/19 - 4/20/13. There is a thread in the Southeast section with all of the details.

We have invited clubs from all of the surrounding states, and hope to get a big showing. If you have never been to Road Atlanta, or a road course race, it is something you don't want to miss. Both Grand AM Series races will be on Saturday, but the Corral is Friday and Saturday. It will include reserved parking for Camaros, a lap around Road Atlanta, and hopefully a meet and greet with the Stevenson Camaro Race Team. We are also planning a cruise and dinner for friday night for those interested.

If you are available and would like to make this, please of to the original thread (first post) and see the details. Also, please send me the names of anyone interested and I will add them to the sign up list.

Let me know if you have any questions,

Thanks,

David
Hi Jan, Tysen, Andy, Tim and all my other friends. Just wanted to throw in the link to the OP about the Grand Am at Road Atlanta. I know y'all do a lot of driving, but wanted to personally invite you to consider coming down for this event!

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=278341

"just stay with traffic, you'll be fine". = famous last words
dianeokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 10:07 PM   #270
GnyaTek

Drives: 2011 SIM 2SS/RS Vert
Yeah - had seen this event earlier. It sounds like a really cool event, and one that I would love to do, but not sure I'll be able to do it ... both money-wise, and I dunno that they'd let me out on the track in my vert. Some other folks within our group may very well be interested, and I'll try to pass the word!
GnyaTek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 11:07 PM   #271
dianeokie
Going places

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Victory Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by GnyaTek View Post
Yeah - had seen this event earlier. It sounds like a really cool event, and one that I would love to do, but not sure I'll be able to do it ... both money-wise, and I dunno that they'd let me out on the track in my vert. Some other folks within our group may very well be interested, and I'll try to pass the word!
Yes, I can understand prioritizing trips when you're watching the budget. From looking at the website and links, it does look like they allow convertibles and cabriolets, especially if it's a parade lap. I'll do some checking if you decide to make the trip.

"just stay with traffic, you'll be fine". = famous last words
dianeokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 12:13 AM   #272
GnyaTek

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianeokie View Post
Yes, I can understand prioritizing trips when you're watching the budget. From looking at the website and links, it does look like they allow convertibles and cabriolets, especially if it's a parade lap. I'll do some checking if you decide to make the trip.
But I like to run FAST!!!
Old 03-05-2013, 08:02 AM   #273
SimMan

Drives: 2011 SIM Convertible
Send a message via Skype™ to SimMan
Sponsor info

Any details on the Carl Black sponsorship. I am looking to pick up a few new parts and when I was down in FL. the Chevy dealer that was our clubs sponsor gave us a discount on parts. Wondering if that is part of our deal with them. Always like to save a few bucks.
Old 03-05-2013, 09:29 AM   #274
Tysen

Drives: 2011 RJT 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimMan View Post
Any details on the Carl Black sponsorship. I am looking to pick up a few new parts and when I was down in FL. the Chevy dealer that was our clubs sponsor gave us a discount on parts. Wondering if that is part of our deal with them. Always like to save a few bucks.
I still need to send the list of members to Carl Black, but I'll get it to them today or tomorrow. Was trying to get everyone on the first list, but looks like that won't happen. I'll PM you when they have it. I think it's 10% off parts and service.
Old 03-22-2013, 10:27 AM   #275
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
Here is the info on the Spring Fling Drag Race & Car Show Event:

Date: April 13, 2013
Location: Music City Raceway, 3302 Ivy Point Rd, Goodlettesville, TN 37072
Gates Open at 12:00 PM
Trophys for 1st & 2nd place in drag races, Best Drag Camaro, Best Reaction time
Door prizes for event participants.

Be there or be square! Ruby will be ready!
Old 04-12-2013, 12:51 PM   #276
GnyaTek

Quote:
Here is the info on the Spring Fling Drag Race & Car Show Event:

Date: April 13, 2013
Location: Music City Raceway, 3302 Ivy Point Rd, Goodlettesville, TN 37072
Gates Open at 12:00 PM
Trophys for 1st & 2nd place in drag races, Best Drag Camaro, Best Reaction time
Door prizes for event participants.

Be there or be square! Ruby will be ready!
Bump - as a reminder for the Spring Fling tomorrow!
Old 04-14-2013, 08:10 AM   #277
driser

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
ACE5 Camaro Corral @ Road Atlanta 4/19-20

Just wanted to remind everyone that the deadline for purchasing tickets for the Camaro Corral at Road Atlanta this coming Friday and Saturday is Tuesday 4/16/13 @ 5:00pm.

The Corral is Friday and Saturday, but you can buy a Saturday only ticket if work or school is an issue for Friday.

The highlights are practice/qualifying (Friday), two Grand Am races (Saturday), full Paddock access both days, reserved parking for our cars as a group, a covered seating area, Parada lap in our cars (Friday), cruise/dinner (Friday), meet & greet with Stevenson Motorsports (Saturday), hot lap passes (Saturday), and door prizes.

There is a thread for the event on this forum with all of the details.

If you can make it, and have not signed up, please let me know so I can update the list. Also make sure you note if you plan on going to dinner with us Friday night. Also make sure you call Road Atlanta and order your tickets before the deadline and specify you are with the Camaro Corral.

If you have any questions, please feel free to let me know.

David
driser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 02:39 PM   #278
BGKySS

Drives: Cyber Grey 2010 2SS RS
Well crap bummedi missed this as im a fresh transplant to Hendersonville
Old 04-17-2013, 09:41 PM   #279
Cooley

Drives: 2013 2SS 1LE
Is anyone going to Road Atlanta?
Old 04-29-2013, 11:33 AM   #280
Ieatfordsforlunch

Drives: 2008 colorado
Anybody on here near Louisville looking to get rid of there stock cat back system? Please pm me!
Ieatfordsforlunch is offline   Reply With Quote