Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

Old 07-28-2016, 11:01 AM   #1
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Arrow Rear Deck Lid Removal on 2010 - 2015 Camaro

So I recently started hearing a slight rattling in the rear deck lid of my 2014 ZL1 but I wasn't surprised as I had both 6x9's swapped out and I also have a JL 12w7 back there. I was sure things were going to start getting loose sooner than later. SO... It kinda also sounded like the speaker was "farting" if you know what I mean....those who've experienced this before will know. But, couldn't tell as the sound was still pretty crisp and very loud (I have Hertz ECX690's back there).

Now on my last Camaro, I didn't bother to do the removal and install of the rear deck lid the correct way. I cut corners and in turn, cracked the very front center of my rear deck lid. You couldn't see it when the seat was up so it wasn't all that big of a deal. But I definitely didn't want that happening again on the new ZL1.

So I went looking around on youtube for how to DIY videos. I found a bunch for other cars but not this one. WHAT?!?! That's pretty crazy... Yeah, I was very surprised. Anyway, I knew what I was doing for the most part so I just went at it. When just about complete, it dawned on me to do a quick video for others so they know what to do when this comes around and for when they want to change out their speakers.

Mind you, I was tired, it was hot as shit and I was sweating my ass off, I was full of jack and coke, and was PISSED off cause there's like.....literally no room in the back seat of my car for a big 6'3" 260lb guy like me to move around in. Oh, and the lighting SUCKED. With that, I just grabbed my phone and hit record. This is what I got. If it helps someone, great. If there's any questions, post up here or shoot me a PM. I'll get to you as soon as I can. Now....to get out of the house since...well, remember that slight farting sound I heard? Yeah, rear right 6x9 is blown. F***!!! So off to the local speaker shop I go for a new pair. Oh well, 5 years with those speakers ain't bad, I guess!

TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 12:13 PM   #2
bandier
Got mine!

Drives: 2021 LT1 RS - Orange Crush
sub'd
Old 07-28-2016, 12:30 PM   #3
chef-beavis

Drives: IOM 2013 2SS/RS, Greenie, 06 FXSTBi
Not to split hairs, but...

this thread will get much more traffic if you call this the rear package tray. The decklid implies the sheet metal trunk lid. Funny video and very informative. I would not want to wedge myself back there and I'm only 6'!
chef-beavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 03:38 PM   #4
OmniCamaro
US Veteran

Drives: 2011 Silver Ice Metallic 2SS/RS A6
Quick and to the point, I like it. Thanks! Being tall has some disadvantages and working inside of any car is right at the top (6'4" here).
Rear deck without the lid would work. Never heard of a "package tray".

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 07-29-2016, 08:58 AM   #5
chef-beavis

Drives: IOM 2013 2SS/RS, Greenie, 06 FXSTBi
I'm a body man, in a past life. That's what they used to be called on the first gens, for sure, when you shopped for a replacement.
chef-beavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 05:26 PM   #6
GVA 45TH 2SS
KNGTFALL

Drives: 2012 2SS 45th edition
Subscribed.
Thanks!
GVA 45TH 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 06:32 PM   #7
OmniCamaro
US Veteran

Drives: 2011 Silver Ice Metallic 2SS/RS A6
So how do the new speakers sound Tag? Do you have an aftermarket amp?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tags
2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, camaro, deck lid, diy, rear speakers, removal, speakers, tray