Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 10-25-2013, 11:30 AM   #85
bigpunn03

Drives: 2010 2LT RS
ok so I took the car back to the shop, they stated that everyone was still tight and in tact. Do you have any other suggestions. They said that they drove it and when going over big bumps is sounds like the car is bottoming out; this is normal because of the drop springs. My issue is going over the slightest crack in the road that's when I hear the hollow knocking sound and it feels like the suspension is loose.
bigpunn03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 03:43 PM   #86
Rob@WretchedMS

Drives: His Wife Crazy
Do your rear springs have coil wrap on them, or is it just the lowering springs with no wrap?
Rob@WretchedMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 04:30 PM   #87
stevey_frac

Drives: 2010 LT2/RS Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
I would love to say yes and tell you to buy Pedders endlinks, but the answer is no. Your OE endlinks should be just as quiet as Pedders high efficiency endlinks. If they are not, they are covered under warranty.

Upgrading to Pedders high efficiency endlinks:

for stronger more durable ball joints.
to improves sway bar function.
for corner weighting adjustable length endlinks are essential.
are an excellent replacement for anyone tired of the noise from spherical endlinks.

Overall the Camaro is an exceptionally quiet car. Tell us about your noises.
This is the kind of thing that leads me to believe Pete is really a standup guy. He's willing to admit that 'No, my product is not what you need here'.

It's also why I'll be buying my suspension upgrades from him in the spring.

Can't wait!

stevey_frac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 11:39 PM   #88
bigpunn03

Drives: 2010 2LT RS
I think I saw wrap on the fronts, but didn't check the rear... After talking with the shop they mentioned that when they installed the end links they installed them shorter than the OEM links which pulled the front end down closer to the ground; which here in Ohio the roads suck; definitely don't want any lower than it was with Pfadt springs. I was under the assumption that they would be installed the same length as the stockers. could this be my problem? If the springs don't have coil wrap what do you recommend?
bigpunn03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 07:14 AM   #89
sycraft
COTW 5/06/2013

Drives: 2017 Corvette Grand Sport-Ho-Vette
when installing the end links on the sways, it should not change ride height, the bar swings freely in the bushings. so making them sorter has no effect, now if one is shorter than the other, some preload will occur and change the ride and handling
Old 10-28-2013, 09:35 AM   #90
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpunn03 View Post
I think I saw wrap on the fronts, but didn't check the rear... After talking with the shop they mentioned that when they installed the end links they installed them shorter than the OEM links which pulled the front end down closer to the ground; which here in Ohio the roads suck; definitely don't want any lower than it was with Pfadt springs. I was under the assumption that they would be installed the same length as the stockers. could this be my problem? If the springs don't have coil wrap what do you recommend?
Please post pictures of your springs so I can see the coil stacks.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote