Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 02-21-2011, 07:33 PM   #43
Without Remorse

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS RJT Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by debilouobxers View Post
My dealer is supposed to get 2 more in this week - black on black - a RS and a SS. I'm in Pittsburgh and no one else has any that I can find around here, in fact they were suprised when it came in. The only other person I know that has one is Aaron Rodgers - and he had to beat the Pittsburgh Steelers to get his!

I am happy for you but the temperaure certainly went up in here. Incidentally, I called my dealer today (Rick Hendrick City Chevrolet) in Charlotte to see if he had any udpates. My salesman said that they had 3 verts on the property. 2 that Mr. Hendrick ordered for himself and 1 for Dale Jr. There are two other customer orders ahead of mine that also haven't arrived yet.

I understand that people with the Earnhardt and Hendrick name get to jump ahead in line but dealer orders? I'm not so upset for myself since I was a little late to the party anyway...but for the rest of you that have had deposits in since day 1 . It is about time to DEMAND answers. If it is just due to QC reasons, they should be releasing them as they get cleared.....but that isn't happening. They are holding all customer pre-sale orders for some reason.

....Again, I'm ok with my status but my blood would be boiling if I was in some of your shoes.

Good luck to all (included me)!

Without Remorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 07:46 PM   #44
united1

Drives: slpzl585vert.
I can't believe I've had money down on this car since 2007 , and still waiting and people are walking in and driving away with one while I still wait. This is just not right and I hope gm get's their act together soon. I will never preorder a new model ever again,thanks gm
united1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 07:47 PM   #45
pony

Drives: 2011 2SS Convert; Color RJT
I'm also happy for person or persons able to go out and buy off the lot. But when telling my wife about this she responded quote unquote "How the F*%K is that possible", and this is coming from someone that hasn't followed most of the drama thus far, but knows we have tried to do everything right in the ordering process. It is somewhat fustrating
pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 08:04 PM   #46
BOOGIE

Drives: Camaro Vert & Avalanche
LOL my wife said the same thing well not the same words
BOOGIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 08:04 PM   #47
swagled

Drives: Y2000 Olds Intrigue
Aren't the people buying cars right off the lots simply being less picky? It would seem to me, that those of you with orders may have specified cars to such precise standards, that the ones which show up by allocation are not being offered.

There may be some picky reasoning why they can't offer right of refusal on the ones that did show up - might annoy GM corporate, if too many special orders are being cancelled based on customers substituting them with stock cars.
swagled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 08:05 PM   #48
pony

Drives: 2011 2SS Convert; Color RJT
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOOGIE View Post
LOL my wife said the same thing well not the same words
Oh yeah..She Dropped the F-bomb
pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 08:10 PM   #49
mikeec

Drives: 2011 RS/SS Vert IOM/IOM
I was nice an calm with the hope of my car showing up soon. Now I'm ticked off and want my damn car! Get it on a train for the love of God
mikeec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 08:19 PM   #50
ctinatx

Drives: 2014 SS Sedan
Lol ... As much as I would like to have had my vert already I beleive we'll get our verts soon enough. I know I'm getting exactly what I want.
Old 02-21-2011, 08:31 PM   #51
BOOGIE

Its just amazing to me that the knuckleheads at GM would piss off there most loyal customers that ordered cars as soon as they could by letting there cars sit on there lot and turn around and send out cars that are unsold AMAZING Guess Im old fashion and beleave in taking care of my cusomers
Old 02-21-2011, 08:45 PM   #52
Justification

Drives: Red 2SS/RS Convertible
Five stages of Grief

This model falls perfectly with what has been happening with this purchase.
The progression of states is:[2]
  1. Denial—"I feel fine."; "This can't be happening, not to me."
    Denial is usually only a temporary defense for the individual. This feeling is generally replaced with heightened awareness of positions and individuals that will be left behind after death.
My denial: The tracking sheet can't be right. Why would the car sit for over three weeks after it was built. It must ave hipped and they just never updated it.
  1. Anger—"Why me? It's not fair!"; "How can this happen to me?"; "Who is to blame?"
    Once in the second stage, the individual recognizes that denial cannot continue. Because of anger, the person is very difficult to care for due to misplaced feelings of rage and envy. Any individual that symbolizes life or energy is subject to projected resentment and jealousy.
My Anger: Come on GM why are you doing this. Are you out to screw all of us who have planned this out, harrassed dealers for when we could order it. Anger at the whole process, anger at those who may get ahead of us.
  1. Bargaining—"Just let me live to see my children graduate."; "I'll do anything for a few more years."; "I will give my life savings if..."
    The third stage involves the hope that the individual can somehow postpone or delay death. Usually, the negotiation for an extended life is made with a higher power in exchange for a reformed lifestyle. Psychologically, the individual is saying, "I understand I will die, but if I could just have more time..."
My bargaining: Just let me know what is happening with my car, let me see a picture of it, give me some comfort that it will be here soon.
  1. Depression—"I'm so sad, why bother with anything?"; "I'm going to die... What's the point?"; "I miss my loved one, why go on?"
    During the fourth stage, the dying person begins to understand the certainty of death. Because of this, the individual may become silent, refuse visitors and spend much of the time crying and grieving. This process allows the dying person to disconnect from things of love and affection. It is not recommended to attempt to cheer up an individual who is in this stage. It is an important time for grieving that must be processed.
I'm seriously here right now; DEPRESSED. I'm not sleeping, I'm snapping at the wife and kids, I have no motivation to do anything around the house on my day off. life sucks, little things that wouldn't bother me are big deals. While I'm happy for anyone who lucked into buying a great car, I feel I am being punished for wrongs I've done, and that maybe I'm just not worthy of owning this car and it's the gods ways to make me realize that.
  1. Acceptance—"It's going to be okay."; "I can't fight it, I may as well prepare for it."
    In this last stage, the individual begins to come to terms with his mortality or that of his loved one.
Might move on to this stage: But only when I see that my car has actually shipped and that there may be light at the end of the tunnel.

Someone posted that we should just accept it for what it is and that we're getting a quality product by waiting. My analogy is going to a restaurant where you have reservations and ordering your steak and lobster. the table next to you is seated after your drinks have arrived, yet are paying their bill and walking out after eating Steak and lobster while your meal still hasn't arrived. You would complain to the managment, yell at your waiter, and demand redress. WHO DO WE DO THIS WITH?

I'm bouncing back and forth between anger and depression right now.
Justification is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 08:48 PM   #53
Without Remorse

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS RJT Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOOGIE View Post
Its just amazing to me that the knuckleheads at GM would piss off there most loyal customers that ordered cars as soon as they could by letting there cars sit on there lot and turn around and send out cars that are unsold AMAZING Guess Im old fashion and beleave in taking care of my cusomers

You romantic fool!

I'm still holding out hope that there is a good explanation to all of this. The leaky roof story is starting to not hold water......so to speak.

Maybe they are shipping them all with a big thank you present from GM. The supplier of said present is having a hard time accumulating enough gold to fill the order. They have established a plan and set up booths in malls across the country offering to buy old earings from elderly woman at 1/4 of it's real value.

See. Now don't you all just feel silly?

Without Remorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 08:54 PM   #54
BOOGIE

Lmao!
Old 02-21-2011, 09:08 PM   #55
BOOGIE

How about these poor sales people trying to explane to there customers why there car is not here but they have one for sale on the show room floor. I'm sure it's just as frustrating for them

Last edited by BOOGIE; 02-21-2011 at 09:09 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 02-21-2011, 09:09 PM   #56
dcfan22

Drives: '11 2LT RS 'vert Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutbutt View Post
Well the snow is here now and no vert yet ???? As long as it come in clean through QC I can wait !
I was told by the regional GM rep that the Verts showing up now were early builds meant for shows/high volume dealers to show and not part of the current build. He didn't know if they were actually selling these or not.