Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southwest

Old 05-18-2009, 09:50 PM   #113
tbss1
More then meets the eye!

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 426 hp
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonstiller View Post
I heard on the radio this AM that one of the Chevy dealers is going away in 2010 :( but I forget which one it is.
windward, where i ordered my car!
2010 2SS/RS, M6, OBX 7/8" l/t headers, with high flow cats, MBRP full 3" exhaust, Whipple supercharger, 3.875 pulley, ID-1050X 1260CC injectors, JRE rough idle street blower cam kit, ZL1 fp, ZL1 fpcm, ZR1 3 bar map sensor, cold air intake, Richman 4.10 gears, BMR toe rods, trailing arms, f/r sway bars, f/r sway bar end links, BMR end link brackets, full BMR poly bushing including solid rear cradle bushings, BMR frame connectors and tunnel brace, f/r Hurst swaybar bushing brackets, Fluidamper, MGR shifter, and tune by Jannetty Racing.
tbss1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 12:00 PM   #114
Wolverine

Drives: RX-8
If you want to buy a Camaro from Servco, you'll have to go to their Leeward dealership. Anybody have any experience with that dealership?
Wolverine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 10:05 PM   #115
FRKNlo

Drives: VStar 1100 Classic, 2010 CGM 2SS/RS
I tried to place an order in march but servco leeward only taking names for a waiting list. I asked again a couple weeks ago and I still cant put in an order.

I know haole get his camaro at the showroom but they not letting him take it home yet.
FRKNlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 11:38 PM   #116
Wolverine

Drives: RX-8

Wolverine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 11:56 AM   #117
Haole
2017 SS

Drives: 2017 Summit White 2SS
You are absolutely correct my car is still sitting in the showroom while i am doing my best to keep from going crazy. I try not to call them or go there to look at it anymore. It is consuming my life wating for my car.

Haole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 03:40 AM   #118
taz
Taz

Drives: 2010 RS/SS Camaro
I was so sure I read a post that said that they can put electrical tape to take care of the problem until the right type of tape comes in to replace it. It just means that you have to bring in the car later for them to fix the problem permanent. I wish I knew where I saw it, but there is so many posts that I cant remember where.

Well, my car finally shows up on the database. With Windward Servco GM closing down, what that means for my car is something I am not sure of. I wonder if it will go to Leeward Servco or if I have to go through the pre-order process again. Ugh.

I just noticed that you ordered the ground effects! Cool. Are you planning on any mods in the near future?

Taz
taz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 03:50 AM   #119
taz
Taz

Sorry, I was wrong. I was looking at the yellow camaro with stripes from Cutter that had the ground effects.

Haole, yours are 20 inch polished rims?

Taz
Old 05-21-2009, 09:14 AM   #120
FRKNlo

Drives: VStar 1100 Classic, 2010 CGM 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by taz View Post
<snip>

Well, my car finally shows up on the database. With Windward Servco GM closing down, what that means for my car is something I am not sure of. I wonder if it will go to Leeward Servco or if I have to go through the pre-order process again. Ugh.
<snip>
Taz
To my understanding the dealers that got the letter will not have their contracts renewed in October 2010 with GM and if you already ordered, shouldn't need to worry.
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showpo...54&postcount=9
Unless winward servco is closing in the next few months or weeks then the regional sales manager should be contacted and your order will be transferred to another dealer.
FRKNlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 11:03 AM   #121
Andro
NOICE!!! ™

Drives: Force Fed 427
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolverine View Post

Man! I'm glad I don't live in Hawaii anymore only because of those ugly safety check stickers
Old 05-21-2009, 01:51 PM   #122
tbss1
More then meets the eye!

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 426 hp
Quote:
Originally Posted by FRKNlo View Post
To my understanding the dealers that got the letter will not have their contracts renewed in October 2010 with GM and if you already ordered, shouldn't need to worry.
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showpo...54&postcount=9
Unless winward servco is closing in the next few months or weeks then the regional sales manager should be contacted and your order will be transferred to another dealer.
My sales guy called me tues. this week and said that i don't have to worry. my order is in, and that i should get my car by august this year. I ordered, and put a deposit down on Oct. 20 2008. I got my order number few days after i ordered. My sales guy said he will call me as soon as he get's the vin#. last time i talked to him, he said that my event code was 3300, i hope it moved.
2010 2SS/RS, M6, OBX 7/8" l/t headers, with high flow cats, MBRP full 3" exhaust, Whipple supercharger, 3.875 pulley, ID-1050X 1260CC injectors, JRE rough idle street blower cam kit, ZL1 fp, ZL1 fpcm, ZR1 3 bar map sensor, cold air intake, Richman 4.10 gears, BMR toe rods, trailing arms, f/r sway bars, f/r sway bar end links, BMR end link brackets, full BMR poly bushing including solid rear cradle bushings, BMR frame connectors and tunnel brace, f/r Hurst swaybar bushing brackets, Fluidamper, MGR shifter, and tune by Jannetty Racing.
tbss1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 04:49 PM   #123
BBfan24

Drives: '10 Black 1SS/RS
I just get a call from my salesman Ron Camp over at Servco Windward. He said my car is currently at 3400!!! the sales manager had already closed the screen and was dealing with another customer so he didn't know the date it went to 3400, and I didn't press because it's not like me checking will move it along faster.

Ron said he'll call me when I move to 3800. I've noticed other members on this site took about a week to go from 3400 to 3800. so if Ron forgets to call i'll just call next week to find out if i have a VIN. i am actually getting really excited now.

Haole, your car looks great. I haven't seen it in person. i'm hoping my car will be the first camaro i see in person so i've been avoiding the showrooms. but now that they've hit hawaii i might accidentally run into one. i thought i saw one a couple days ago but i couldn't be sure because i was on the freeway and it was on the overpass near the humane society, so i'm gonna go with "it was just my imagination"
Old 05-21-2009, 05:58 PM   #124
HotWire

Drives: 2008 Redline, 2004 Dale Jr MC
OK questio for all you guys dealing with servco. I jsut got off the phone with the sales manager at Cutter and he jsut told me that Servco is shutting its doors. And by this I mean sooner than later. We all know that they are getting axed from GM but aparently employees there got word that they might go ahead and shut it down sooner than required.

But Cutter is 5k over MSRP (will not honor any discounts available to you)

JN is 15k over MSRP (will not honor any discounts available to you)

So guess Im out of luck. Bah Im tired of dealing with these island dealers anyway. Have not found an honest one yet in 5 years. Guess Ill have to fly to mainland and buy one there and send it on the slow boat back.

Oh that yellow one taht you see around Oahu is the owner's of Cutter Chevy. Goes to show how honest they are with thier place in line. I wonder whos car it was suppoed to be.

Last edited by HotWire; 05-21-2009 at 06:00 PM. Reason: more stuff
HotWire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 08:00 PM   #125
Haole
2017 SS

Drives: 2017 Summit White 2SS
SmokinU if you have the patience to wait it out give Mike G a call over at Leeward Servco. As far as I know right now he still can't take any orders but maybe you can go on his wait list. I am paying MSRP for my 2SS/RS. You will just have to have a great deal of patience (as I have learned now). I will hopefully have my car by next weekend. This past 2-3 weeks has really been hard for me waiting for the parts to come in for my recall but the end is in sight. So give him a call and let him know Craig referred you to him. He is a really nice guy and will do what he can for you.
Haole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 09:11 PM   #126
taz
Taz

I think Servco Leeward is fine. Its the Windward Servco that got axed by GM. I've only heard good things from Leeward Servco, so you might want to see if you can get on the waiting list.

Thanks for the info on the GM contract with Windward. Didnt know it was for renewal. Saw alot of camaros on the database, so I expect to start seeing the V-6 camaros on island soon.

Taz