Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 03-22-2009, 12:30 AM   #1
justmeron

Drives: 2010 camaro
Send a message via AIM to justmeron
Detailing tips and products

I was reading about Zaino and orderd some zaino for the outside of the car. The zaino products arent the cheapest.
What do you guys recomend for the interior? The leather and plastic dash etc. I have herd bad things about armarol actually hurting the dash and drying it out. I remember years ago that was all I used and I really liked it on my dash and tires.
But I was reading some ppl say never use it on a dash with exposure to the sun. Also I am getting leather seats and was wondering what you guys would recomend for that?

Life is not like a box of chocolates, its more like eating a whole jar of jalapenos.... what you do today may burn your ass tomorrow!!!!
justmeron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 12:41 AM   #2
FirstLSK
Dude, I love my car !!!!

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS white rally
I am interested in this as well -- especially the leather care products. I know Zaino makes products for this but I haven't tried them yet. On the Tahoe, I use Zaino on the outside and Meguiars on the inside. The Zaino is world class. The Meguiars seems to do an OK job, but I bet there is better.
FirstLSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 12:58 AM   #3
kylepo

Drives: 2002 firehawk.....missing 02CE
zaino for leather too Idk what to say about the dash care.....
kylepo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 02:46 AM   #4
Riderover40

Drives: 2010 ABM Camaro 2SS LS3 w/RS
I have been treating my automobiles int/ext surfaces for 32 years now and the best I have used , no hands down for my money and effort required is Zaino ! Effortless, lasting, and even smells good ....lol, Zaino is my choice. I have tried it on the vinyls and plastics, glass, rubber, leather, and mostly the paint job! Just remember to follow the directions and remember that this stuff's motto "a little goes a long way'' is no lie! Use it sparingly! When used correctly Zaino is expensive for the initial investment but it goes a long way. I have only made three major Zaino orders in 8 years. I will be buying a fresh Zaino kit before getting shipment of my 2010 SS ABM, LS3, RS, hopefullly before August ! I beg anyone to match the quality and stunning beauty of the Zaino finish, please if you do let me know what and where to get it. I have tried them all before 2000 and I tried a few in between because some old reputable brands bragged improved or new technologies or blends but uh uh! Go Zaino !
Roto Fab CAI, Magnacharger MP2300, Kooks HO SS 1-7/8" LT's, Kook's Catted Connectors, Corsa SS Dual Rear Exit Cat-Back for A6 with Lasered Livernois Signature 4" Dual Wall Exit Pipes, Barton Short Throw. 546 RWHP 517 RWT

This Car Rocks !! "Bring It On" GT-500

Last edited by Riderover40; 03-22-2009 at 02:48 AM. Reason: spelling
Riderover40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 10:35 AM   #5
justmeron

Drives: 2010 camaro
Send a message via AIM to justmeron
I used to use armoral products but have herd bad things about them. Do you guys use armoral for leather and interior maintence?

Life is not like a box of chocolates, its more like eating a whole jar of jalapenos.... what you do today may burn your ass tomorrow!!!!
justmeron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 06:51 PM   #6
NVMY68SS
Drives #296

Drives: 1968 Camaro SS - 350/5 Speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riderover40 View Post
I have been treating my automobiles int/ext surfaces for 32 years now and the best I have used , no hands down for my money and effort required is Zaino ! Effortless, lasting, and even smells good ....lol, Zaino is my choice. I have tried it on the vinyls and plastics, glass, rubber, leather, and mostly the paint job! Just remember to follow the directions and remember that this stuff's motto "a little goes a long way'' is no lie! Use it sparingly! When used correctly Zaino is expensive for the initial investment but it goes a long way. I have only made three major Zaino orders in 8 years. I will be buying a fresh Zaino kit before getting shipment of my 2010 SS ABM, LS3, RS, hopefullly before August ! I beg anyone to match the quality and stunning beauty of the Zaino finish, please if you do let me know what and where to get it. I have tried them all before 2000 and I tried a few in between because some old reputable brands bragged improved or new technologies or blends but uh uh! Go Zaino !
Just ordered my first kit from Zaino yesterday and it will be here tomorrow. I got the Ultimate Show Car Kit that included some leather products as well. I also got the Z-CS......it was expensive, but I'm not gonna get cheap now on a brand new $35K+ Camaro.......only the best. Plus, I'm gonna try it on my matching black 1968.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justmeron View Post
I used to use armoral products but have herd bad things about them. Do you guys use armoral for leather and interior maintence?
See above. I'm gonna use the Zaino leather products. Not sure about what I'll put on the dash if anything. Mine's not a daily driver so it won't get the repeated UV abuse some will. I'll def go with something low-gloss and residue though just to keep down the dust attraction.
#296 Delivered 6-1-09 Dynoed 10-3-09 384.56HP 387.65TQ with the bolt-ons listed, no tune.....yet!
Roto-Fab CAI (Install pics here), Doug Thorley Shorties, Flowmaster American Thunder 409S Cat Back Vid
NVMY68SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 08:13 PM   #7
Bell040

Drives: 2SS/RS - Black - GFX
Zaino tire stuff works great on the dash!

I use Zaino on everything.... it is the shiznit!

i git the Z-kit2 and the Z-trip kits.... about $190... I would have paid double that

btw, this thread belongs in the detailing section
Bell040 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 09:10 PM   #8
Speedy1975
FASTER!

Drives: Challenger Hellcat, 2SS Camaro
Griot's nuff said

www.griotsgarage.com

Speedy1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 11:40 AM   #9
ctk1
Camarofanatic

Drives: 1969 SS, 1998 RS, 2010 VR 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by justmeron View Post
Stay away from armor all! It contains alcohol which actually dries plastic out. I used it regularly on my 4th gen, then I went on vacation, came home, hopped in my car and the plastic panel in front og the dash pad was cracked, and I'm pissed to this day about it! I use Meguiar's vinyl, it contains a cream instead of alcohol so it actually treats and protects the dash, not just add a shine like armor all.
ctk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 02:57 PM   #10
ucla1ove3

Drives: soon to be 2010 CAMARO :]
griotsgarage.com
ucla1ove3 is offline   Reply With Quote