Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > Canada

Old 06-03-2009, 09:54 PM   #29
dragon22

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgenest66 View Post
Mime came in june 1. I ordered it oct 18 was built may 9 sat at 3800 till Rick called me to say it was here. I pick it up wed june 2 at lakewood chev in Edmonton
Am I reading that right? Your car was built May 9/09 and you took delivery on June 2/09???
dragon22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 11:06 PM   #30
Main

Drives: 10 Camaro 2LT, 10 SRX FWD
You guys are forgetting that GM built HUNDREDS (maybe >1000) of "Pre-Production" cars before they reset the VIN to roll out 0001.

I'm not saying that GM isn't using any of the official production cars for these kind of promotional events, but you need to remember that there are a LOT of Camaros around.
Main is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 11:29 PM   #31
juicy ss

Drives: 1999 HOSS Conv & 2010 IOM SS
JUICY II is on the road!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Picked it up today. It was a great delivery from my favourite dealer due to my old boss running the place now, ROY FOSS CHEVROLET who by the way has over 40 people on their list of SOLD orders already. Here is what went down. Being #2 on their list my car was built 2 15 days after the scheduled build date. They kept me informed the whole way through till GM refused to supply detailed info. Their car # 1 was also held back. Car #3 was a base V6 that ended up being their first car delivered. Well I was constantly barking at GM customer service, spoke to the zone rep many times and all of a sudden they get an invoice and then the interest started being charged by GM for my car. Then 2 weeks later the car shows up after being shipped accidently without the proper clearance from quality control. The a pillar cover on the front pasenger side was missing and the airbag was visible. It looked like it was removed due to some quality issure. so since the car was shipped GM could not take the car back so the process started where a gm rep came in and did a final quality inspection and arranged for the missing part to be taken from the assembly line and shipped to the dealership and then put on and re-inspected. Yesterday the car was ok'ed for final delivery and i picked her up. now the stripes arrived at teh dealership but no ground effects or car cover. i was told the car cover will take a long time because of the gm bankruptcy and that the material dye can stain the paint by somebody so it's best to skip that on the order I think. I think tommorow I'm gonna get the stripes put on. The car is AWSOME!!!!!!!!!!! the attention I got driving it I had to make sure i put on at least 100 Km first day!!!!!! The blind spots take getting used to but i love the car. INFERNO ORANGE ON INFERNO ORANGE with the accent package and evry option except sunroof. I may not put the ground effects for a while but for sure its gonna get painted before installation. After the long long wait and cnstant waiting and then the GM owner loyalty credit of $1000.00 that came out Monday made it all worth it!!! Cashed in the GM points and off I went!!!!For now i'm using one of my dealer plates to drive it so i can avoid extra insurance costs and no front plate!!!
JUICY II IS FINALLY HOMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!! NOT for sale for a long time. It would take BIG BUCK$$$$$ to make me let go of her now!!!!! It's my personal perk to myself for my new dealership and I also decided to order a BUMBLE BEE EDITION!!!!! I will let my brothers enjoy that one!!!!Now the ZR1 wait begins!!!!!
juicy ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 02:47 PM   #32
bumblebee rules

Drives: 2010 BumbleBee ready to go now
Well we will see how it looks with the stripes on this afternoon , just heading down to pick it up ................... WHAT A GREAT DAY ............... Smile :-)
bumblebee rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 03:45 PM   #33
SQUALO

Drives: CHEVROLET
Quote:
Originally Posted by juicy ss View Post
JUICY II is on the road!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Picked it up today. It was a great delivery from my favourite dealer due to my old boss running the place now, ROY FOSS CHEVROLET who by the way has over 40 people on their list of SOLD orders already. Here is what went down. Being #2 on their list my car was built 2 15 days after the scheduled build date. They kept me informed the whole way through till GM refused to supply detailed info. Their car # 1 was also held back. Car #3 was a base V6 that ended up being their first car delivered. Well I was constantly barking at GM customer service, spoke to the zone rep many times and all of a sudden they get an invoice and then the interest started being charged by GM for my car. Then 2 weeks later the car shows up after being shipped accidently without the proper clearance from quality control. The a pillar cover on the front pasenger side was missing and the airbag was visible. It looked like it was removed due to some quality issure. so since the car was shipped GM could not take the car back so the process started where a gm rep came in and did a final quality inspection and arranged for the missing part to be taken from the assembly line and shipped to the dealership and then put on and re-inspected. Yesterday the car was ok'ed for final delivery and i picked her up. now the stripes arrived at teh dealership but no ground effects or car cover. i was told the car cover will take a long time because of the gm bankruptcy and that the material dye can stain the paint by somebody so it's best to skip that on the order I think. I think tommorow I'm gonna get the stripes put on. The car is AWSOME!!!!!!!!!!! the attention I got driving it I had to make sure i put on at least 100 Km first day!!!!!! The blind spots take getting used to but i love the car. INFERNO ORANGE ON INFERNO ORANGE with the accent package and evry option except sunroof. I may not put the ground effects for a while but for sure its gonna get painted before installation. After the long long wait and cnstant waiting and then the GM owner loyalty credit of $1000.00 that came out Monday made it all worth it!!! Cashed in the GM points and off I went!!!!For now i'm using one of my dealer plates to drive it so i can avoid extra insurance costs and no front plate!!!
JUICY II IS FINALLY HOMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!! NOT for sale for a long time. It would take BIG BUCK$$$$$ to make me let go of her now!!!!! It's my personal perk to myself for my new dealership and I also decided to order a BUMBLE BEE EDITION!!!!! I will let my brothers enjoy that one!!!!Now the ZR1 wait begins!!!!!
Congratulations but....you know what we need!
please.
Old 06-04-2009, 07:24 PM   #34
HINEY1
TRANS4MR

Drives: Camaro's & Corvette's
Vin 9112115 arrived today....June 4th

I was losing my mind (6 months) but you're right, the wait is worth it!
WOW .... Took it for a drive .... WOW
did I say WOW yet?
Sorry GM for ranting and raving
Its coming ...it's not coming ...it's coming ...its' not coming...and today it arrived!

here's a pic:
Attached Images

HINEY1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 03:52 AM   #35
djsnoflake
Faith Keeper

Drives: 2012 Silverado LTZ, 2010 2SS/RS
Ordered Nov 15th, car arrived June 1st

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
.........we are far from finished.................
djsnoflake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 05:53 AM   #36
Gibb

Drives: 1967 rs/ss 396 4speed
My car is an RS/SS I ordered it in Dec. It arrived june 4th. It's Orange. The guy who ordered the first one at the dealership is still waiting. The only difference is his is silver.

P.S. Mine has the Caliper weights
Gibb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 09:25 AM   #37
bumblebee rules

Drives: 2010 BumbleBee ready to go now
Picking mine up at 10 today .............. FINALLY ........ She looks GREAT and drives better YAY :-)
bumblebee rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 11:31 PM   #38
juicy ss

Pics to be posted by the end of the weekend!!!!!!!!Too busy driving it lol!!! Got the stripes put on today!!!!! This car definitely needs the stripes!!!!!!!
Old 06-06-2009, 07:23 AM   #39
sigma_1966
My baby is here

Drives: SIM 2LT
Congrats Juicy. Cant wait for the pics. Where in TO are u
Old 06-06-2009, 11:14 PM   #40
juicy ss

Im in etobicoke north and south but I'm usaully in north etobicoke near the 401.
Old 06-21-2009, 07:42 PM   #41
T D C

Drives: hurst m6 V8 BLK 2SS vin 375
Smile not to soon

drove mine out of the dealers show room 09/june/09
ordered 18th / oct /08 2ss vin end no 100375
a hell of a long wait but it was worth it.
T D C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 11:34 PM   #42
PGRICK

Drives: 2010 SS BLK ON BLK
Mustang to Camaro

Hi Everyone,

I was very lucky that the guy that ordered his camaro had to back out of it. So I traded my 07 Mustang GT California Special and bought this sweet Camaro 2SS. Needless to say I am so loving this ride compared to the Mustang! Are there any other owners in Northern BC?

Cheers!
Attached Images

PGRICK is offline   Reply With Quote