Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 09-11-2009, 06:58 AM   #29
600hp-lpe

Drives: 2010
Does anyone know the current best power number from a Camaro owner with a 2300 S/C and a cold air kit, no other mods? I'm guessing somewhere between 550-575RWHP?

Lingenfelter does that power level with what you described. their 550 HP kit is just a S/C, CAI, and a tune. Don't forget the tune!

The 570 kit ups the fuel pressure at the fuel pump, larger injectors, and some other little things to make it more reliable.
600hp-lpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 07:17 AM   #30
old motorhead

Drives: Maggie blown LS3 vette
Quote:
Originally Posted by 570hp-lpe View Post
Does anyone know the current best power number from a Camaro owner with a 2300 S/C and a cold air kit, no other mods? I'm guessing somewhere between 550-575RWHP?

Lingenfelter does that power level with what you described. their 550 HP kit is just a S/C, CAI, and a tune. Don't forget the tune!

The 570 kit ups the fuel pressure at the fuel pump, larger injectors, and some other little things to make it more reliable.
Aren't the LPE #'s based on engine HP? That may be a little optimistic for rwhp figures. I would think low 500's at the wheels would be a good number through a stock exhaust. Long tube headers and a free flowing exhaust make a huge difference. Dyno's differ though and we'll soon be getting into cooler weather. Those two variables can throw dyno results all over the board. A better comparison would be before and after #'s. I'd hope for about a 150-175 hp gain with 8psi and a stock exhaust.
old motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 07:17 AM   #31
freemaSSon
Pat @ ADM PERFORMANCE

Drives: CGM SS/RS M6
As for 1900 or 2300, the cost and goals are the only questions to answer.

As "old motorhead" said if you are going to be satisfied with the expected performance level of a 1900 and supporting mods then spend less and call it good.

I for one can vouch for saying "this will be enough" and then come to the realization that it's a waste of your breath. You put a blower on these cars go to the track and break the back of a few trailer cars and you'll be hooked and your disposable income will be the only thing getting a workout.

I took a Trailblazer SS put a H/C Package, Converter and Gears on it and busted asses at the track. Parked trailer cars all night long. Well that wasn't enough, added Nitrous, not enough, put a stroked and bored LS7 (441 ci) in it with the nitrous and started parking REALLY REALLY FAST TRAILER CARS.

The performance of these LSx engines is beyond compare. Just be careful about what your goals are and have them WELL GORUNDED and SOLID before you ever make that first MOD. It will save you LOADS OF MONEY over the long haul.

I commend all you guys for doing DEEP MODS.....these engines and this platform make for the most MOD FRIENDLY setup GM has ever built in their history.

"There are two types of racers: cheaters...and losers."
Smokey Yunick

freemaSSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 07:47 AM   #32
Crowley
Okie doke

Drives: 2012 GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister HP View Post

Ed
I'd guess about 500rwhp. It is going to also depend on what pulley setup you use. The stock 2300 setup is 6lbs or so I believe. It think with a safe tune on an LS3 car you would be looking at about 500rwhp.

Crowley
Old 09-13-2009, 11:20 PM   #33
Mister HP

Drives: Speed Shop owner
yes, as stated above LPE typically rates their packages in engine numbers, not rear wheel. So it sounds like 500 RWHP is about what folks are seeing/expecting with the 2300 and an airbox?

I would find it interesting if the same numbers could be made with a 1900 and an airbox, would anyone else?
Mister HP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 12:43 AM   #34
boostedyards86

Drives: Cummins 3500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister HP View Post
That's correct! The TVS1320 really wakes up an ecotec engine,
judging by your sig, you could use one of each kit!

Ed
LOL actually I was going to get one for my saturn but then bought a camaro instead. And now I will be getting my SLP kit later on today. BOOST FTW!
Old 10-12-2009, 09:42 AM   #35
se7en

Drives: 10 Procharged SS
Ive looked up Kenne Bell supercharger and found nothing.......
se7en is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 10:53 AM   #36
GQ4Life

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by bws_82 View Post
Ive looked up Kenne Bell supercharger and found nothing.......
u got to email them..
2015 Corvette Z06.. Lime Rock Park 1:01; Watkins Glen 2:14; Thompson Speedway 1:21
GQ4Life is offline   Reply With Quote