Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Dragstrip and Launch Techniques Discussion

Old 01-07-2017, 07:42 AM   #15
BiggFoot

Drives: 2010 Camaro (M6) 1000+ HP SBE
Quote:
Originally Posted by SannerRacing View Post
2300 TVS with rds spacer and ported tub. Over driven balancer with a 3.2 pulley and over driven coged rear. 1300cc injectors on e85 made 748 on a mustang dyno. The rotors are spinning 21000 rpm at 6400 any more and it's just a blow torch in less you can get the IATs down some how.
There is something wrong because you should be near mid 10's just like me and trapping about 134 mph with that kind of HP. You could have a slipping supercharger belt like I did and may be giving up a chunk of hp you don't realize is happening. If you are still using the stock tensioner then you should consider an upgrade. Here is a pic of the tensioner we put on my Camaro. It is a heavy duty sum beeech.

Name:  va121016-18.jpg
Views: 279
Size:  342.3 KB

Name:  va121016-19.jpg
Views: 279
Size:  325.8 KB
Kooks LT Headers and full 3" exhaust
Fore Triple Pump Fuel System with ID 1700X Injectors - E85 conversion

DSS 9” Conversion (1400 hp axles, driveshaft, pumpkin) & Strange 3.70 gears
McLeod RXT Twin HD Clutch & Upgraded Slave
RPM Level VII
TR6060
BMR Drag Suspension Package w/Strange shocks
Carlyle 15" and M/T ET Street R radials
10.1 @ 143 mph 1/4 mile

BiggFoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 09:20 AM   #16
BiggFoot

Quote:
2300 TVS with rds spacer and ported tub. Over driven balancer with a 3.2 pulley and over driven coged rear. 1300cc injectors on e85 made 748 on a mustang dyno. The rotors are spinning 21000 rpm at 6400 any more and it's just a blow torch in less you can get the IATs down some how.
It may already be a blow torch and that was another problem I had because the stock Maggie cooler sits under the hood and is a POS. Consider going with a trunk mounted supercharger chiller. It circulates normal water through the supercharger when not at strip, except it is much cooler since the reservoir isn't under the hood!

When you take it to the track you drain the reservoir down to a normal level and pack it with ice just before your run. Somewhere around 145F the ECM begins pulling timing from the car to protect against detonation. This could be killing your hp during the 1/4.

Here are a couple of vids explaining my system.

RPM Level VII
TR6060
10.1 @ 143 mph 1/4 mile

Old 01-07-2017, 10:13 AM   #17
SannerRacing

Drives: 2010 1SS RS IOM
A buddy of mine has the same set up and is trying to run a 2.8 pulley and the IATs where crazy high. He's doing what your talking about so I'm waiting to see how his turns out. I trailer my car to the track and run a super chiller that takes the intercooler water down to 45 degrees. And I'm running an 8 rib set up with left coast 32s double pull belt set up. But I have never logged a run so you may be right I haven't got that far yet. I made it to the track twice last year, the first day I got the 11:21. I think on the 4th pass I was on my way to a 10second run but i shredded the belt. The second time snapped all the outer bolts on the left rear half shaft on a g force 1320 rear end with outlaw half shafts. So my performance at the drag strip has been less than stellar. Lol

Forged LS3 416ci, Maggie TVS2300 @ 13lbs boost, McCleod twin disc clutch, GForce 1320 nine-inch 389 gear ratio, Hurst line-lock, 750 whp 700 wtq
SannerRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 11:04 AM   #18
BiggFoot

OK man well good luck. Good you are already aware of the high IAT potential. You will get it figured out and easily into the 10's.

I went with the BMR drag suspension package for the Camaro and I really haven't been able to overpower it from the line yet. A big difference from my previous set up. I cut a 1.48 60' on one of my runs but I somehow misplaced the slip so I cant claim it.

RPM Level VII
TR6060
10.1 @ 143 mph 1/4 mile

Old 01-07-2017, 11:21 AM   #19
camarosspower

Drives: 2010 camaro ss
I'm on the 2.8 pulley and right now in the cold weather my iats don't lower more than 70 during normal driving. I haven't been able to do a pull to see how high it gets. I have meth so we'll see
camarosspower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 11:45 AM   #20
BiggFoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by camarosspower View Post
I'm on the 2.8 pulley and right now in the cold weather my iats don't lower more than 70 during normal driving. I haven't been able to do a pull to see how high it gets. I have meth so we'll see
Meth certainly helps, but only so much. I ran meth but it is not needed now that I switched to E85 which burns much cooler. To do it right it is not a cheap switch but wow what a difference it makes when all of the little tweaks work together.

I am currently on a 3.2 pulley.

RPM Level VII
TR6060
10.1 @ 143 mph 1/4 mile

Old 01-07-2017, 12:13 PM   #21
camarosspower

Drives: 2010 camaro ss
I just done a pull and iats were below 100. It is in the 30's outside though lol
camarosspower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 09:51 AM   #22
SannerRacing

Drives: 2010 1SS RS IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggFoot View Post
OK man well good luck. Good you are already aware of the high IAT potential. You will get it figured out and easily into the 10's.

I went with the BMR drag suspension package for the Camaro and I really haven't been able to overpower it from the line yet. A big difference from my previous set up. I cut a 1.48 60' on one of my runs but I somehow misplaced the slip so I cant claim it.
Most definitely, i haven't gave up yet. Lol Do you have a vid from inside your car that shows you shifting? Think that might be my problem as well,had the tranny done but still hard to shift sometimes. And that converted asi tank was a great idea being I have one in the car now doing nothing! What size hose did you use to get the the water up to the blower? And I've got the BMR suspension set up but with V3 coil overs that aren't valved for straight line yet! So thanks for the ideas it's the stuff right in front of your face you can't see if you don't just throw it out there.

Forged LS3 416ci, Maggie TVS2300 @ 13lbs boost, McCleod twin disc clutch, GForce 1320 nine-inch 389 gear ratio, Hurst line-lock, 750 whp 700 wtq
SannerRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 01:55 PM   #23
BiggFoot

Quote:
Most definitely, i haven't gave up yet. Lol Do you have a vid from inside your car that shows you shifting? Think that might be my problem as well,had the tranny done but still hard to shift sometimes. And that converted asi tank was a great idea being I have one in the car now doing nothing! What size hose did you use to get the the water up to the blower? And I've got the BMR suspension set up but with V3 coil overs that aren't valved for straight line yet! So thanks for the ideas it's the stuff right in front of your face you can't see if you don't just throw it out there.
No, sorry no vid of me shifting but I can guarantee you are not missing anything

We used Gates 5/8" heater hose to and from the supercharger (GAT 28417). Obviously the Alky Control meth pump had to be changed out because it wasn't designed to pump water.

There is a pump on the tank that sends the chilled water to the supercharger and another pump on the outlet of the supercharger that pumps it back to the tank. The great part about this sort of set up is that you can leave the hood down between runs to keep the engine and fluids hot, but still get the supercharger IAT's down quickly with the chiller set up.

I just installed a couple of new gauges, one dedicated to boost and the other is an Aero-Force that will monitor anything the ECM sees. I have mine set up to monitor Ethanol % and IAT, but you can also set it up to monitor RPM and it will flash like a shift light at whatever RPM you set it for.

RPM Level VII
TR6060
10.1 @ 143 mph 1/4 mile