Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2008, 12:30 PM   #15
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by stovt001 View Post
I want to move to the Midwest now. People are cooler out there.
You'll be cool too when you move out here.
warn 145:159 ban
Old 07-12-2008, 02:02 PM   #16
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
Quote:
Originally Posted by GothamCamaro View Post
Well, just scratched a NW Suburban town that was #1 on my list before Camaro Scotty showed up.

They emailed me back last night when I asked if I was still on their "list" as promised and if they were going to sell at MSRP or close to it.

"When the Camaro finally arrives it will been very limited. We have a first several already assigned to close dealership friends and employees."

This after corresponding with the guy back in November and reminding him how my dad purchased all his Chevy's from him. Guess that means nothing to this dealership. Hoskins Chevy in Elk Grove, IL for those that are interested.
Sorry to hear that. We have no friends (doesn't sound good does it....) that we are promising our allocation to. I am confident we have room for more deposits on our first round - without becoming that QUANTITY deposit dealer we read about...If I can't get you on round one, we'll work on the next. Your flexibilty means a lot to us, and hopefully we can make it worth your while.

Too bad I don't get an allocation for everyone that would love to business with us!
Old 07-12-2008, 05:31 PM   #17
blackZbandit

Drives: BLACK ON BLACK 2012 CAMARO SS
Question Scotty: Does Wisconsin mandate front license plates? I plan on buying and picking up my car from a state that doesn't and driving it home so I don't have holes in my front bumber after I take that damed bracket off. I wouldn't mind a road trip from WI to CA especially since you've recieved the ultimate thumbs up from FBF.
Old 07-12-2008, 06:26 PM   #18
theholycow

Drives: '02 GMC Sierra, '80 Lesabre
Yikes! For the cost of gas from WI to CA, you could get a professional to fill the holes. For a fraction of that cost, you could bribe a dirty dealer to zip-tie the bracket instead of screwing it. For free, you might convince a decent dealer that you're going to install it yourself and that they shouldn't put holes in the bumper...
1980 Buick Lesabre family heirloom with 36,000 miles
2008 Volkswagen Rabbit 2 door I5-2.5 5spd DD lease
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post
she really underestimates the damage i would do to her reproductive organs
http://allOffTopic.com is the place for all the naughty stuff you can't get away with on this forum...
Old 07-12-2008, 08:11 PM   #19
mxkx250

Drives: 12 ZL1, 98 Camaro SS, 67 RS/SS
Send a message via Yahoo to mxkx250
I may be totally missing something here. Why are they allocating a certain number of cars per dealer? Why don't they take orders from all who order? It has just been said that the magic number is 800,000 units per year to keep the car onthe table, then they limit sales. Dosen't make sense to me. If a dealer dosen't have a lot of sales through the year, he won't get many Camaros, but he has 500 people wanting the car. Dealer 2 sales 6000 cars a year and gets a big allotment of Camaros, but that is not the type of car he has big sales on. Just sell the car to anyone who orders, first come, first served.
Old 07-12-2008, 09:03 PM   #20
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by mxkx250 View Post
If a dealer dosen't have a lot of sales through the year, he won't get many Camaros, but he has 500 people wanting the car. Dealer 2 sales 6000 cars a year and gets a big allotment of Camaros, but that is not the type of car he has big sales on. Just sell the car to anyone who orders, first come, first served.
I'm pretty sure GM allocates based on those points you mentioned above; who can sell more of the cars as opposed to another. They learned from the GTO sales how to do it wrong...so I'm confident they'll get it right this time as far as who could sell the most.

I think I remember reading (not sure) CamaroScotty saying that after the first couple rounds of allotments, it'll turn into a free-for-all.
Old 07-12-2008, 09:25 PM   #21
blackZbandit

Drives: BLACK ON BLACK 2012 CAMARO SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by theholycow View Post
Yikes! For the cost of gas from WI to CA, you could get a professional to fill the holes. For a fraction of that cost, you could bribe a dirty dealer to zip-tie the bracket instead of screwing it. For free, you might convince a decent dealer that you're going to install it yourself and that they shouldn't put holes in the bumper...
but the drive would be priceless! plus who wants uneccessary BONDO on their new Camaro?!?
Old 07-15-2008, 10:32 PM   #22
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mxkx250 View Post
I may be totally missing something here. Why are they allocating a certain number of cars per dealer? Why don't they take orders from all who order? It has just been said that the magic number is 800,000 units per year to keep the car onthe table, then they limit sales. Dosen't make sense to me. If a dealer dosen't have a lot of sales through the year, he won't get many Camaros, but he has 500 people wanting the car. Dealer 2 sales 6000 cars a year and gets a big allotment of Camaros, but that is not the type of car he has big sales on. Just sell the car to anyone who orders, first come, first served.
800k? thats waaayyy to high. Camaro sales are estimated at ~100k.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
Old 07-15-2008, 10:35 PM   #23
shank0668

Drives: '14 LML/'06 LJ/'76 Trans Am
no way im not puttin holes in my camaro!
Old 07-16-2008, 06:04 AM   #24
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackZbandit View Post
Question Scotty: Does Wisconsin mandate front license plates? I plan on buying and picking up my car from a state that doesn't and driving it home so I don't have holes in my front bumber after I take that damed bracket off. I wouldn't mind a road trip from WI to CA especially since you've recieved the ultimate thumbs up from FBF.
Yes Wisconsin does. Do we whip out the Black n Decker to pop holes in CORVETTES? - H*LL NO!!!!!!

The Camaro will come with a front plate "kit" to the states requiring a front plate. The dealership installs them IF REQUESTED TO DO SO ONLY!

Like the Corvette, your Camaro will include that kit IN THE TRUNK, Unless you request to have it installed.

We'll also PASS on the dealer decal on the back. It doesn't go on VETTES, it AIN'T going on the CAMARO!
Old 07-16-2008, 06:12 AM   #25
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
I'm pretty sure GM allocates based on those points you mentioned above; who can sell more of the cars as opposed to another. They learned from the GTO sales how to do it wrong...so I'm confident they'll get it right this time as far as who could sell the most.

I think I remember reading (not sure) CamaroScotty saying that after the first couple rounds of allotments, it'll turn into a free-for-all.
That's still how I understand it....The Malibu started the same way -

And when open allocation starts, I expect every dealer to become even more price competitive, including us! Even those Camaro forum jumpers who in the next few weeks that will decide they better start talking to the people looking for theses cars...They'll all of a sudden want to be Camaro salesmen. BUT, if they had the passion & the love for the car and it's history, wouldn't they have been here already?
Old 07-16-2008, 06:14 AM   #26
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by theholycow View Post
READ MY TEXT: NO HOLES FROM US
Old 07-16-2008, 09:51 AM   #27
Punk_rider

Drives: VW Typ 166 + Black 1LE
When will you start taking deposits for the possibly Z28?

Yeah, I know he won't answer even if he knows, but I feel like its worth trying!
Old 07-16-2008, 12:48 PM   #28
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punk_rider View Post
When will you start taking deposits for the possibly Z28?

Yeah, I know he won't answer even if he knows, but I feel like its worth trying!

I have one for a Z28, if any become available in the next 12 months.....at the buyers decision. He wants to be the first one to get one. If it looks like it will be a long delay, and it is not acceptable to him, he's either moving to an SS (and maybe talking to Lingenfelter) or getting a refund of the deposit.

Ultimately, we'll keep him informed of all happenings as far as models, ordering, and pricing, etc. - he remains the one to pull the trigger

Closed Thread