Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 06-30-2015, 05:58 AM   #15
ǝɔᴉlod
Account Suspended

Drives: 2014 SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banshee View Post
You asked in your first post....ONE THING....and it WAS ANSWERED by calculating the distances...mean averages and added a margin of error. What DON'T you get? You asked one question....now you're adding stuff into the equation.

How do you bake a cake Jeff? Well, you add gasoline to the car to get the groceries, but you gotta put oil in first, but before that, air in tires to get to the grocery store...then....

You asked a question...asked and answered...mathematically....I don't know how or what else you want. You want SOMEONE to say it isn't possible just to justify your belief system. You are over justifying that you were caught speeding.

Lemme ask....what did the officer cite you for?
WTF? Your the one that brought up all these factors in your first post in this thread. Now your asking why im giving you factors? Read the first thread, you will see what I got cited for. The officer's logic only makes sense if I were to floor it and reach 80. However I never got cited or warned for exhibition of speed or reckless driving or anything relating to flooring my car and/or launching it. I wonder why that would be? hmmmm
Old 06-30-2015, 05:58 AM   #16
Red2014SS

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS Camaro
Just hire an attorney and stop worrying about it.
Old 06-30-2015, 06:02 AM   #17
ǝɔᴉlod
Account Suspended

Quote:
Genius doesn't get the fact that in stock trim...these cars are only 1 to 2 tenths of a second slower off the track than on track...then add 2/10 ths for his passenger and his 60# system...therefore..I added the +/-4%..

OP needs someone stupid enough to prove math wrong even with margins in place. He just needs SOMEONE to coddle his soul.
Your reasoning in "math" makes sense if I was going in a straight line with intentions of reaching that speed as fast as possible. You need a lesson in Physics. BTW there are so many names I can call you but I like to act my age. I really hope you are some teenager, because I truly feel bad that you have to justify your ego by talking so much shit as an adult...
Old 06-30-2015, 06:03 AM   #18
Banshee
Institutionally Insane

Drives: 2013 IOM 2SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ǝɔᴉlod View Post
because the only way for the cop's story to be true is if I floored it and reached 80 in a 65. BTW my record has one ticket for going 7 over. Why would I just out of nowhere decide to floor my car that much over the limit?
You know...your car has ONSTAR (GPS/NAV) and has a mystical "black box"....I will pay you DEARLY if you can prove with absolutely no doubt that your ONSTAR and or your "black box" shows that on that date, time and location....you weren't doing what the cop said....btw...that's a huge lawsuit in your favor to prove otherwise.

Both those can and will determine....we use that data all the time..

So...go pull the data....

And I'll shut up.
It's got a cop motor, a 440 cubic inch plant, it's got cop tires, cop suspension, cop shocks. It's a model made before catalytic converters so it'll run good on regular gas. What do you say, is it the new Bluesmobile or what?
Old 06-30-2015, 06:07 AM   #19
Banshee
Institutionally Insane

Quote:
Your reasoning in "math" makes sense if I was going in a straight line with intentions of reaching that speed as fast as possible. You need a lesson in Physics. BTW there are so many names I can call you but I like to act my age. I really hope you are some teenager, because I truly feel bad that you have to justify your ego by talking so much shit as an adult...
You asked one question...
"Is it possible for a stock 1SS Camaro to go from 7 to 80MPH in 0.15 miles. I know they average in the low 100s in the quarter mile but that is longer than 0.15 miles. If so, any official way to prove it?"

Your question was answered factoring in many variables...

What else do you want?
It's got a cop motor, a 440 cubic inch plant, it's got cop tires, cop suspension, cop shocks. It's a model made before catalytic converters so it'll run good on regular gas. What do you say, is it the new Bluesmobile or what?
Old 06-30-2015, 06:08 AM   #20
ǝɔᴉlod
Account Suspended

Quote:
You know...your car has ONSTAR (GPS/NAV) and has a mystical "black box"....I will pay you DEARLY if you can prove with absolutely no doubt that your ONSTAR and or your "black box" shows that on that date, time and location....you weren't doing what the cop said....btw...that's a huge lawsuit in your favor to prove otherwise.

Both those can and will determine....we use that data all the time..

So...go pull the data....

And I'll shut up.
You tell me the procedure to get that info and I will shut you up quicker than the words coming out of your mouth...
Old 06-30-2015, 06:08 AM   #21
Banshee
Institutionally Insane

Oh...and explain the physics to me please....

Explain....

Please...
Old 06-30-2015, 06:10 AM   #22
Banshee
Institutionally Insane

Quote:
You tell me the procedure to get that info and I will shut you up quicker than the words coming out of your mouth...
I laid it out for you to play it out....it's YOUR car...with all this ranting about how big bad police wrote you...I would have thought you had thought of that...

By the way....WHAT DID THE OFFICER WRITE YOU FOR? THIRD REQUEST.
Old 06-30-2015, 06:13 AM   #23
TIREKLR

Drives: 2015 zl1
The key factor non of you are taking into consideration is..... was the Flux capacitor on in the car at the time of said event? I'm just saying it matters!
Old 06-30-2015, 06:13 AM   #24
ǝɔᴉlod
Account Suspended

Quote:
I laid it out for you to play it out....it's YOUR car...with all this ranting about how big bad police wrote you...I would have thought you had thought of that...

By the way....WHAT DID THE OFFICER WRITE YOU FOR? THIRD REQUEST.
I've already answered your request, press that back button on your browser and go to the other thread. You will see exactly what he wrote me for. Simple
Old 06-30-2015, 06:18 AM   #25
Phenix

Drives: 2015 Camaro 1SS/RS 1LE
in·san·i·ty
inˈsanədē/
noun
1. the state of being seriously mentally ill; madness.

2. extreme foolishness or irrationality
Old 06-30-2015, 06:32 AM   #26
NYCamOwner
"Katy"

Drives: 2014 2LT A6 'Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by TIREKLR View Post
The key factor non of you are taking into consideration is..... was the Flux capacitor on in the car at the time of said event? I'm just saying it matters!
The officer wrote you for doing 75 in a 65.... Another 13 MPH he would have never caught you..

Dr. Emmett Brown: If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour... you're gonna see some serious shit.

Marty McFly: Hey, Doc, we better back up. We don't have enough road to get up to 88.
Dr. Emmett Brown: Roads? Where we're going, we don't need no roads.

Possible next mods:
Throttle Body
Exhaust

Upstate C5 Member

No, that is not me in the avatar..... I just love hot girls and hot cars.... or hot girls IN hot cars....
Old 06-30-2015, 06:36 AM   #27
snarky
ultracrepidarianism

Drives: '14 1SS/RS/1LE/NPP '18 Accord Sport
Old 06-30-2015, 06:41 AM   #28
Demon War Horse
War Horse Pilot

Drives: 2017 NFG 1SS 1LE
Yes it is possible. The weight in the trunk will give you weight transfer to the rear wheels. In an acceleration event, this will give you better traction.

I think it is possible to hit 80 in .15 miles as the 8th mile is just .1225, so yea I think it is possible in a total stock car.

But, best bet man is to lawyer up, or take defensive driving.

SigPic by Hazman

Closed Thread