Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 01-12-2010, 11:25 PM   #15
Junkman2008
"Detailing Devil Dog"

Drives: 2001 Corvette Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillee View Post
Junkman your're the man...thanks...
Thanks mang!
Junkman2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 04:34 AM   #16
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
Hey junkman, any tips for cleaning your leather in your car as well?
Thanks for the vid too
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 05:18 AM   #17
Junkman2008
"Detailing Devil Dog"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ91 View Post
Hey junkman, any tips for cleaning your leather in your car as well?
Thanks for the vid too
The stuff I use just happens to be by Adam's (really you say!), but the reason I use it has nothing to do with the fact that Adam's makes it. There are a bunch of products on the market that work. However, I had a black, 57' Corvette with white interior at a show once and the parts of his seats that were covered by the convertible deck lid were black with dirt. I went to demonstrate how the Leather & Interior Cleaner that Adam's sells works when he stopped me, raised the deck lid and said, "Let's see what that stuff will do on this dirt!" I took one look and thought to myself, "Dang, that ain't fair!"

When I started cleaning it and saw the dirt coming off, I was hooked. Out of all the cleaners I have tried, that stuff is amazing. The Carpet Cleaner ain't no slouch either!

Old 01-13-2010, 06:26 AM   #18
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
Nice and clean
2010 SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 08:20 AM   #19
JesusIRL

Drives: 2010 Rally Yellow 2LT Camaro
Are you getting paid by Adam's to market them?

If not, you should be... I'm buying a ton of Adam's products because of you LOL! Thanks for all the vids. Good stuff!
JesusIRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 11:01 AM   #20
Junkman2008
"Detailing Devil Dog"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusIRL View Post
Are you getting paid by Adam's to market them?

If not, you should be... I'm buying a ton of Adam's products because of you LOL! Thanks for all the vids. Good stuff!
There are jobs on this planet that if I could, I would do for free. Teaching is one, police work is another and traveling to car shows and meeting you guys is the third. When I take someone who is lost in the information overload that is detailing cars, it gives me pleasure to clean up the confusion. I WAS THERE TOO! I know the pain first hand and would have paid anyone to break it down and make it simple for me. When guys write a simple thank you note because they now have an understanding of how to take care of their pride and joy because of a video I made, trust me, that is worth more than money. If I have helped you, then the thanks is payment enough.

If it were my wish, I'd do car shows year round and meeting you guys would pay the bills. Okay enough of that, I've actually got a real job that I've got to go to!

P.S. Don't forget to use the coupon code "Junkman" so that you can get 10% off your purchases!
Old 01-13-2010, 11:39 AM   #21
promod55

Drives: 2010 camaro rs/ss 67 camaro
Junkman, you do one hell of a job.I use to use to use and sell formula 113 another great product,but they kept moving further away which did not give a warm and fuzzy feeling.I switched 3 years ago to adams with zero regrets another great product.I am glad to see other people out here know that a great product does not come with a lot of unnecessay labor involved so we can enjoy all of our cars driving them instead of waxing them.Keep up the great work.
promod55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 12:11 PM   #22
Junkman2008
"Detailing Devil Dog"

Quote:
Originally Posted by promod55 View Post
Junkman, you do one hell of a job.I use to use to use and sell formula 113 another great product,but they kept moving further away which did not give a warm and fuzzy feeling.I switched 3 years ago to adams with zero regrets another great product.I am glad to see other people out here know that a great product does not come with a lot of unnecessay labor involved so we can enjoy all of our cars driving them instead of waxing them.Keep up the great work.
Will do sir, thanks!
Old 01-13-2010, 01:10 PM   #23
JesusIRL

Drives: 2010 Rally Yellow 2LT Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkman2008 View Post
There are jobs on this planet that if I could, I would do for free. Teaching is one, police work is another and traveling to car shows and meeting you guys is the third. When I take someone who is lost in the information overload that is detailing cars, it gives me pleasure to clean up the confusion. I WAS THERE TOO! I know the pain first hand and would have paid anyone to break it down and make it simple for me. When guys write a simple thank you note because they now have an understanding of how to take care of their pride and joy because of a video I made, trust me, that is worth more than money. If I have helped you, then the thanks is payment enough.

If it were my wish, I'd do car shows year round and meeting you guys would pay the bills. Okay enough of that, I've actually got a real job that I've got to go to!

P.S. Don't forget to use the coupon code "Junkman" so that you can get 10% off your purchases!
Damn, I'm glad I came back to the forums really quick and saw your reply. You saved me a good couple bucks haha. I also just finished going through your series of videos. Gotta thank you for those along with the coupon code as well. Soon as I receive my shipment, I'll be doing my first full on wash since buying my car... Claybar, polish, machine waxing and everything in between lol!
JesusIRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 01:30 PM   #24
Junkman2008
"Detailing Devil Dog"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusIRL View Post
Damn, I'm glad I came back to the forums really quick and saw your reply. You saved me a good couple bucks haha. I also just finished going through your series of videos. Gotta thank you for those along with the coupon code as well. Soon as I receive my shipment, I'll be doing my first full on wash since buying my car... Claybar, polish, machine waxing and everything in between lol!
Watch the videos over and over again so that it will be embedded in your brain as to what to do. You will be surprised at what you missed the second and third time around while watching the videos.
Old 01-14-2010, 12:29 PM   #25
garcmol

Drives: 10 1LT SIM; 91 B4C sleeper Z
I watched your videos above, then found more, then found myself watching you most of the day! Great information and excellent presentation. The "take you off the tripod" was my favorite. What you see is what you get. Thank you Junkman!!

p.s. you need a booth at C5 fest!
Old 01-14-2010, 12:46 PM   #26
Junkman2008
"Detailing Devil Dog"

Quote:
Originally Posted by garcmol View Post
I watched your videos above, then found more, then found myself watching you most of the day! Great information and excellent presentation. The "take you off the tripod" was my favorite. What you see is what you get. Thank you Junkman!!

p.s. you need a booth at C5 fest!
"It ain't gonna be pretty, but it's gonna get the job done!"

Hey, the budget for "a brother in his garage productions" is small so we get by however we can! Adam and I are talking about getting a booth together for Camaro5 Fest so stay tuned. We'll let you all know here as soon as it is solid.
Old 01-14-2010, 12:50 PM   #27
garcmol

Drives: 10 1LT SIM; 91 B4C sleeper Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkman2008 View Post
"It ain't gonna be pretty, but it's gonna get the job done!"

Hey, the budget for "a brother in his garage productions" is small so we get by however we can! Adam and I are talking about getting a booth together for Camaro5 Fest so stay tuned. We'll let you all know here as soon as it is solid.
I look forward to it. I figure by the time I get done with trial and error polishing/waxing/dusting/washing, it'll be fest time and you can fix my paint up right!
Old 01-14-2010, 12:52 PM   #28
Junkman2008
"Detailing Devil Dog"

Quote:
Originally Posted by garcmol View Post
I look forward to it. I figure by the time I get done with trial and error polishing/waxing/dusting/washing, it'll be fest time and you can fix my paint up right!

If we are there, I can guarantee that you that you will leave with one of the shiniest fenders in America! The rest of the car is on you!