Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

Phastek Performance

Old 03-17-2016, 03:21 PM   #15
Zodiac
Sarcasm Personified

Drives: 2017 Charger R/T Scat Pack
A lot of former G8 owners here, add me to the list. I wanted a SS sedan (regal peacock FTW), but no way was I paying $50k for it. If dealers were negotiating when I bought my new Mustang I would have grabbed a Scat Pack charger over the SS. Cheaper, more aggressive looking, and to me a better value, since they can be had under $40k. I won't buy a car for more than $35k OTD which is what led me to the Mustang. I buy the best car for the money and build my way. Eventually I will look to pick up a used 15 SS or Scat Pack.
Zodiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2016, 03:34 PM   #16
Blackdevil77

Drives: 2008 Pontiac G8 GT, Shelby GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodiac View Post
A lot of former G8 owners here, add me to the list. I wanted a SS sedan (regal peacock FTW), but no way was I paying $50k for it. If dealers were negotiating when I bought my new Mustang I would have grabbed a Scat Pack charger over the SS. Cheaper, more aggressive looking, and to me a better value, since they can be had under $40k. I won't buy a car for more than $35k OTD which is what led me to the Mustang. I buy the best car for the money and build my way. Eventually I will look to pick up a used 15 SS or Scat Pack.
Have you seen the car in person? Does it look better in person than it does in the pictures?

They seem to be giving some great deals on them now. Especially since some dealers still have 2014's on the lot.
Blackdevil77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2016, 04:11 PM   #17
Zodiac
Sarcasm Personified

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdevil77 View Post
Have you seen the car in person? Does it look better in person than it does in the pictures?

They seem to be giving some great deals on them now. Especially since some dealers still have 2014's on the lot.
You talking about the SS Sedan? Yeah I've seen a bunch of them, been in a few. They aren't aggressive looking and are the ultimate sleeper. At first I though eh looks like a generic Chevy sedan, but they grew on me. There is a couple around here with the holden emblem conversions and they look good. I know someone selling a 14 SS only because he has a 16 SS sedan coming, he's asking a great price too. I'd personally prefer the 15 SS because of the MRC.
Old 03-17-2016, 04:30 PM   #18
Blackdevil77

Quote:
You talking about the SS Sedan? Yeah I've seen a bunch of them, been in a few. They aren't aggressive looking and are the ultimate sleeper. At first I though eh looks like a generic Chevy sedan, but they grew on me. There is a couple around here with the holden emblem conversions and they look good. I know someone selling a 14 SS only because he has a 16 SS sedan coming, he's asking a great price too. I'd personally prefer the 15 SS because of the MRC.
Yes, the SS Sedan. I would want a 15 or a 16 also, with a manual.

I really is remarkable how simply swapping the chevy symbol for the holden symbol, makes the car look a whole lot better. If only it had the aggressive styling the G8 had.

A few more cosmetic touches like blacking out some of the tacky chrome bits along with the holden symbol make it look pretty good, IMO. At least in the pics

Old 03-17-2016, 05:20 PM   #19
Zodiac
Sarcasm Personified

Yeah those look great. Definitely a fan of getting rid of all the tacky chrome. I'm not a fan of the 16 that much. The hood with the buick stick on hood vents looks awful. Dual mode exhaust is cool, but add a Solo exhaust and it will sound better. Front fascia change is okay, but the wheels are terrible too. My first choice would be the 15. I'm not a huge fan of the new Camaro in the aesthetics department, love the performance. So I would choose the sedan first. I regret getting a coupe sometimes since I do have a 5 year old. I just wish GM would have offered a stripper model of the SS sedan. I don't need blind spot assist, auto park, etc.
Old 03-17-2016, 06:23 PM   #20
Blackdevil77

Quote:
Yeah those look great. Definitely a fan of getting rid of all the tacky chrome. I'm not a fan of the 16 that much. The hood with the buick stick on hood vents looks awful. Dual mode exhaust is cool, but add a Solo exhaust and it will sound better. Front fascia change is okay, but the wheels are terrible too. My first choice would be the 15. I'm not a huge fan of the new Camaro in the aesthetics department, love the performance. So I would choose the sedan first. I regret getting a coupe sometimes since I do have a 5 year old. I just wish GM would have offered a stripper model of the SS sedan. I don't need blind spot assist, auto park, etc.
I heard the wheels are cast and much heavier than the 2014/2015 wheels also. Aftermarket wheels seem like a good idea anyway. I agree on the stick on hood vents. The ones on the G8 looked great. These look ridiculous.

I love the new Camaro also. If I could own both, I would in a second.