Originally Posted by S.T.A.R. View Post
Hank, flex fuel sensor??
Allows you to rune E85.
Old 09-02-2017, 04:10 PM   #17
Blackdevil77

Drives: 2008 Pontiac G8 GT, Shelby GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLT1 View Post
On a SS, 1 7/8 arh headers with cats to stock NPP, MSD intake, roto fab gained +46whp. Gains would be even more with a boosted LT4 minus the MSD of course.
Combine that with a pulley and it's probably around 80 rwhp or so. That should be a nice bump over stock

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
Whipple! I'm not sure how much plug and play it is. But that seems to be the best way to go for an aftermarket blower on this car.
I gotta look into that, that seems like something I would definitely do.

Quote:
Black, I'm right there with you, I'd like 650/650 at the wheels, just as the emblem on the dash implies!
I would just want to be able to keep up with bolt on Hellcats, not looking to set any records. Mid 10's trapping around mid 130's (135 or so) would be plenty.

Here's a quick video I shot last night of the ZL1 I saw. These things are definitely much nicer in person, especially the interior.

Blackdevil77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 04:14 PM   #18
BSR-1

Drives: 17 ZL1 M6 Black
Quote:
Black, I'm right there with you, I'd like 650/650 at the wheels, just as the emblem on the dash implies!
I didn't get an emblem???
Old 09-02-2017, 04:19 PM   #19
S.T.A.R.

Drives: 18'-1LE
BSR, maybe I'm mistaken? The ZO6 has it, I thought the ZL1's did as well.

Sorry...
S.T.A.R. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 05:51 PM   #20
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdevil77 View Post
Combine that with a pulley and it's probably around 80 rwhp or so. That should be a nice bump over stock

I gotta look into that, that seems like something I would definitely do.

I would just want to be able to keep up with bolt on Hellcats, not looking to set any records. Mid 10's trapping around mid 130's (135 or so) would be plenty.
Bolt-on Hellcats are in the 750 rwhp range and that is with just a 2.85 pulley swap and tune. Throw LTs, CAI, and other stuff (smaller pulley, E85, meth, etc) and they see 900s. All on the stock blower too. So you'll have your work cut out for you if you happen upon a moderately modified HC. I'm not completely sure what our ZL1s are capable of but I know our stock blower (and some say our cam) is a hindrance. As it is tho people are in the low 11s so with bolt-ons you should be able to get in the mid 10s I would think.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 05:57 PM   #21
Can'tHave2MuchHP

Drives: Fast
Quote:
Bolt-on Hellcats are in the 750 rwhp range and that is with just a 2.85 pulley swap and tune. Throw LTs, CAI, and other stuff (smaller pulley, E85, meth, etc) and they see 900s. All on the stock blower too. So you'll have your work cut out for you if you happen upon a moderately modified HC. I'm not completely sure what our ZL1s are capable of but I know our stock blower (and some say our cam) is a hindrance. As it is tho people are in the low 11s so with bolt-ons you should be able to get in the mid 10s I would think.
ZL1s are low 11s are bone stock on stock tires as we've seen so far.

The LT4 maxes at about 780-820 RWHP with the stock 1.7L Heaton blower. That's going to include Heads/Cam/E85/Full Bolt Ons/Headers/Meth. If you want more, you're going to spray it. If you don't like spraying, you're going to go with a different blower. I recommend a ProCharger conversion (Look at Vengeance Racing's build with them) or the new Whipple looks pretty awesome as another bolt on option. Both of those blowers will probably make mid 800s without much internal modification. An F series ProCharger will make up over 1000 RWHP if you want.

The sweet spot for the stock blower LT4 IMO is Full bolt ons, and then E85 and or a cam are your choice. Once you push past that and you're spraying or meth or head work etc. you're messing with too much. Looking at about 650 wheel on bolt ons, 700 RWHP on bolt ons and E85/ported blower, 750 RWHP with a cam, getting to 800 RWHP plus or minus a little with head work on top of that.
Can'tHave2MuchHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 06:30 PM   #22
speedraider

Drives: 2016 Z06, 2017 ZL1
https://dsxtuning.com/collections/fl...t-for-2017-zl1
speedraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 07:44 PM   #23
Blackdevil77

Quote:
Yeah exactly. The Hellcat engine is one of the best engines, if not the best to come out lately IMO. From factory, it already makes gobs of power and is underrated. It has to be, most consistently dyno between 640-680 rwhp. On top of that, there's so much easy horsepower to unleash, as you pointed out. One guy with an upper pulley and tune dynoed at 785 rwhp on the Hellcat forums. Imagine if those cars didn't weigh as much as an SUV!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Can'tHave2MuchHP View Post
ZL1s are low 11s are bone stock on stock tires as we've seen so far.

The LT4 maxes at about 780-820 RWHP with the stock 1.7L Heaton blower. That's going to include Heads/Cam/E85/Full Bolt Ons/Headers/Meth. If you want more, you're going to spray it. If you don't like spraying, you're going to go with a different blower. I recommend a ProCharger conversion (Look at Vengeance Racing's build with them) or the new Whipple looks pretty awesome as another bolt on option. Both of those blowers will probably make mid 800s without much internal modification. An F series ProCharger will make up over 1000 RWHP if you want.

The sweet spot for the stock blower LT4 IMO is Full bolt ons, and then E85 and or a cam are your choice. Once you push past that and you're spraying or meth or head work etc. you're messing with too much. Looking at about 650 wheel on bolt ons, 700 RWHP on bolt ons and E85/ported blower, 750 RWHP with a cam, getting to 800 RWHP plus or minus a little with head work on top of that.
One thing I don't want to mess with is heads/cam. I don't want the chop and everything that comes with modding an engine that extensively. I would imagine 700 rwhp would be enough to keep up with a pullied/93 tune Hellcat. As long as they don't throw exhaust and intake into the mix.
Old 09-02-2017, 07:54 PM   #24
BSR-1

Drives: 17 ZL1 M6 Black
Quote:
BSR, maybe I'm mistaken? The ZO6 has it, I thought the ZL1's did as well.

Sorry...
Don't be sorry. It's all good!
Old 09-02-2017, 07:57 PM   #25
Can'tHave2MuchHP

Quote:
Yeah exactly. The Hellcat engine is one of the best engines, if not the best to come out lately IMO. From factory, it already makes gobs of power and is underrated. It has to be, most consistently dyno between 640-680 rwhp. On top of that, there's so much easy horsepower to unleash, as you pointed out. One guy with an upper pulley and tune dynoed at 785 rwhp on the Hellcat forums. Imagine if those cars didn't weigh as much as an SUV!?

One thing I don't want to mess with is heads/cam. I don't want the chop and everything that comes with modding an engine that extensively. I would imagine 700 rwhp would be enough to keep up with a pullied/93 tune Hellcat. As long as they don't throw exhaust and intake into the mix.
Sounds like a blower swap might be best off for you if you want to shut up Hell kitties regularly without modding the internals. If you don't then you'll definitely want 18% pulleys, ported blower, ported snout, intake, E85, headers and anything else you can throw in there without opening the engine. That'll get you 700-710 RWHP. Keep in mind, 99% of modded Hellcats WILL have an intake and exhaust, and then 80% of them will have pulleys and a tune thrown in. If I had to guess, that's around 800 RWHP if on 93, and 900+ if on E85.
Old 09-02-2017, 08:05 PM   #26
Blackdevil77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Can'tHave2MuchHP View Post
Sounds like a blower swap might be best off for you if you want to shut up Hell kitties regularly without modding the internals. If you don't then you'll definitely want 18% pulleys, ported blower, ported snout, intake, E85, headers and anything else you can throw in there without opening the engine. That'll get you 700-710 RWHP. Keep in mind, 99% of modded Hellcats WILL have an intake and exhaust, and then 80% of them will have pulleys and a tune thrown in. If I had to guess, that's around 800 RWHP if on 93, and 900+ if on E85.
Which is crazy lol. I think it would take 700-720 rwhp in a ZL1 to keep up with a 800 rwhp Hellcat. To keep up with a 900 hp Hellcat, either internals or the bottle.
Old 09-02-2017, 08:18 PM   #27
Can'tHave2MuchHP

Quote:
Which is crazy lol. I think it would take 700-720 rwhp in a ZL1 to keep up with a 800 rwhp Hellcat. To keep up with a 900 hp Hellcat, either internals or the bottle.
Right on.

Luckily, the LT4 is the perfect engine to put a D or F series Procharger on and spit out 800-1600 RWHP. Here kitty kitty
Old 09-02-2017, 11:52 PM   #28
Evolvedx27

Drives: 2017 ZL1
Quote:
How much boost does the 15% pulley add and how close to the edge does it put the factory blower?

Any change of an aftermarket company coming out with a direct swap blower that fits under the factory hood? I'm talking a simple swap that still utilizes the factory heat exchangers etc? Or is that a stupid idea lol?

That's actually not a bad idea, this engine would probably move no2
Roughly 2.5.
Evolvedx27 is offline   Reply With Quote