Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 07-09-2018, 03:41 PM   #29
Firehead640
DEVLMAN

Drives: White 2018 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by hashtag View Post
Over-spinning the 1.7 will kill your engine. It is not reliable power!!
I was under the impression that the 2.3 Upper was ideal, and as small as you want to go without getting into "over-spinning" territory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcmillion View Post
I was impressed with the results, I like his mod path and testing. I wish he did pulley and e85 blend next since he already has the sensor installed, just to see what the car could do with a full stock exhaust. Looks like he is doing headers next.
I'll be looking for that to see what ends up happening. So far I'm pretty impressed with how they are doing everything. Gives you a good breakdown of how these parts are all interacting with each other in terms of HP.
Firehead640 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 03:49 PM   #30
hashtag

Drives: 2018 ZL1 A10/2018 GT350R #JR603
[QUOTE=Firehead640;10244188]I was under the impression that the 2.3 Upper was ideal, and as small as you want to go without getting into "over-spinning" territory.

Ideal is what GM and Eaton R/D the factory PSI @. 16,000 RPM is not enough?
Old 07-09-2018, 05:27 PM   #31
BMWM.D.

Drives: ZL1/335i
Quote:
I’ll let people who tune vehicles for living tune my car. I still don’t get how you can say $1300?

There’s no freaking way that you’re going to get that off your car ported back on your car and tuned for 1300.
I’ve already tuned my car for headers, so I’ve paid for my tuning credits. So dialing it in for these things won’t cost me a thing. Weapon-X charges $1299 for the porting and installation of upper pulley (including the pulley). $1399 if you want a smaller pulley that requires snout machining. So besides shipping my blower to them, that’s it. Even return shipping of the ported blower is included in the price.

https://weaponxmotorsports.com/colle...=4462859780123
BMWM.D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 06:34 PM   #32
hashtag

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWM.D. View Post
I’ve already tuned my car for headers, so I’ve paid for my tuning credits. So dialing it in for these things won’t cost me a thing. Weapon-X charges $1299 for the porting and installation of upper pulley (including the pulley). $1399 if you want a smaller pulley that requires snout machining. So besides shipping my blower to them, that’s it. Even return shipping of the ported blower is included in the price.

https://weaponxmotorsports.com/colle...=4462859780123

What does that have to do with most people as 99% of people do not turn their own cars ?
Old 07-09-2018, 07:47 PM   #33
djfury05

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10
Unless you plan on adding a cam and more fuel the Whipple is pointless. Not going to make any more power than a pullied ZL1 with bolt ons. Surely hope the $6000 you paid includes a custom tune on the street and not the canned tune that Whipple offers....
djfury05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 09:28 PM   #34
hashtag

Quote:
Originally Posted by djfury05 View Post
Unless you plan on adding a cam and more fuel the Whipple is pointless. Not going to make any more power than a pullied ZL1 with bolt ons. Surely hope the $6000 you paid includes a custom tune on the street and not the canned tune that Whipple offers....
More reliable power than over spinning the 1.7. Not going to make any more power?? What? At the same PSI 145 WHP gain.

How would the Whipple include a custom tune at 6K? It appears you are not aware what what Whipple cost.

It would also be a lot better drivability when compared to a pullied Eaton.
Old 07-09-2018, 09:42 PM   #35
djfury05

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10
Quote:
More reliable power than over spinning the 1.7. Not going to make any more power?? What? At the same PSI 145 WHP gain.

How would the Whipple include a custom tune at 6K? It appears you are not aware what what Whipple cost.

It would also be a lot better drivability when compared to a pullied Eaton.
Lmao you clearly haven't done any research on the Whipple before purchasing. Just purely bolting it on and strapping it down on a dyno hardly produces any gains at all. Sure it'll be more reliable in terms of cooling that's the only valid point you make.

I bought the 2.9L Whipple LONGGGG before you did and cancelled the order because its a mistake on a simple bolt on car not doing a cam and fuel etc.

Better drivability lol. All in the tune.

The more comments you make on this forum the more you convince me you're just an absolute moron who can't do any work himself and pays people to do it for him and spouts off the claims the manufacturers make as his trophy. How much faster does that "premium floor mat option" make you go again??
djfury05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 10:00 PM   #36
13screw

Drives: 17 ZL1
Agreed Dj. Not to mention it will dead on the hit compared to the little 1.7 as he will be no where near the efficiency range of a 2.9... ask me how I know, iv owned a front feed 2.9 on a boss 302 LS and until I pullied it to its efficiency range and added a fuel system with e85 it wasn't that impressive on the hit.. the whipple is a great blower and correctly setup with other supporting mods it's a beast. IMO
13screw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 10:42 PM   #37
kttxz06

Drives: '18 Zl1. '18 GT350.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdevil77 View Post
Wow 2k seems like a lot for porting. I didn't think it would be that much.

That's a good question, I have no idea.

LME ported the blower and the snout for $1250. $2k is high.
Old 07-09-2018, 11:07 PM   #38
hashtag

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by djfury05 View Post
Lmao you clearly haven't done any research on the Whipple before purchasing. Just purely bolting it on and strapping it down on a dyno hardly produces any gains at all. Sure it'll be more reliable in terms of cooling that's the only valid point you make.

I bought the 2.9L Whipple LONGGGG before you did and cancelled the order because its a mistake on a simple bolt on car not doing a cam and fuel etc.

Better drivability lol. All in the tune.

The more comments you make on this forum the more you convince me you're just an absolute moron who can't do any work himself and pays people to do it for him and spouts off the claims the manufacturers make as his trophy. How much faster does that "premium floor mat option" make you go again??

Did you really bring-up premium mats? All you did was deflect off what I posted. Just a FYI I know how to order cars as I do it for a living. People who upgrade to whipple is a mistake?? I am going to go with the whipple set-up on a stock car w/Roto-Fab/TB T-Body then increase boost with fuel upgrades a few months later.

Who post lol? How much freaking heat do you want to create with your blower? Pulley is a brilliant idea on a 1.7L.

Last edited by hashtag; 07-09-2018 at 11:49 PM.
hashtag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 09:27 AM   #39
BMWM.D.

Quote:
What does that have to do with most people as 99% of people do not turn their own cars ?
My point was that a ported blower isn’t all that costly of a modification to some of us.

Most guys that are going to want a ported blower are already going to have other bolt ons, or will be part of their plan for the ported blower (pulley, headers, etc.). I see this as a supporting modification as part of a well thought out package.

Even if you pay a shop for your tuning, there would likely be no additional costs. Every tuner I’ve ever dealt with in the past always did very cheap or free tuning adjustments once you’d already paid for a tune. Meaning: adding a ported blower after the fact still probably wouldn’t cost anything tuning-wise.

Many of us have done these type of things many times over. Sounds like you don’t have much experience when it comes to performance modification and tuning. There’s a lot of factors at play here.
Old 07-10-2018, 04:35 PM   #40
hashtag

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWM.D. View Post
My point was that a ported blower isn’t all that costly of a modification to some of us.

Most guys that are going to want a ported blower are already going to have other bolt ons, or will be part of their plan for the ported blower (pulley, headers, etc.). I see this as a supporting modification as part of a well thought out package.

Even if you pay a shop for your tuning, there would likely be no additional costs. Every tuner I’ve ever dealt with in the past always did very cheap or free tuning adjustments once you’d already paid for a tune. Meaning: adding a ported blower after the fact still probably wouldn’t cost anything tuning-wise.

Many of us have done these type of things many times over. Sounds like you don’t have much experience when it comes to performance modification and tuning. There’s a lot of factors at play here.

Word. I need to find a tuner in Northern California.
Old 07-11-2018, 09:41 AM   #41
BMWM.D.

Quote:
Word. I need to find a tuner in Northern California.
I’ve heard good things about Synergy in Livermore. No personal experience though.
Old 07-14-2018, 08:34 AM   #42
Blackdevil77

Drives: 2008 Pontiac G8 GT, Shelby GT500
Last video of the stock boost bolt ons video. Skip to 8:45 in the video to get to the good stuff. Seems pretty good to me for not messing with boost, but by how he speaks about doing his dyno pulls, it seems heat soak is a serious problem even with stock pullies.

Blackdevil77 is offline   Reply With Quote