Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 04-21-2012, 09:02 PM   #1
SSSoon

Drives: RY 2011 2SS A6
OEM brake line rattle?

I usually have my tunes cranked and don't hear much about what is going on with my car, but had the music off when I took my wife out on a date last night and heard a funny rattle when I went over sharp bumps and washboard pavement. Spent a little time tonight tapping parts with my hand to figure out what's up and it looks like the rattle is coming from the OEM rigid brake line vibrating against the body on the driver side only. It's definitely fastened solid at the point where it connects to the flexible lines, near the wheel. Too far in to see or feel what is up on the other end. Will lift her up tomorrow and see what I can see but wanted to know if anyone else has had this problem. I'm hoping this ends up being not a big deal (maybe just a mounting screw fallen off) but was curious if others had this happen too. Thanks guys.

Dry sump LS7, cage, JPSS suspension, Wilwood brakes, fire suppression, ARH 3" headers/exhaust, Z/28 DSSV coilovers, Kirkey seats, TeamTech 6-point harnesses, 19" Forgeline GA3R, 325/30R19 Re11 tires, oil cooler, monster JPSS splitter/wickerbill, CAI, brake ducts.
SSSoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 09:14 PM   #2
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Did you check the cross brace to see if your exhaust was super close to it? A lot of people are having rattle there after installing aftermarket exhausts.
Old 04-21-2012, 09:21 PM   #3
SSSoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by stieger View Post
Did you check the cross brace to see if your exhaust was super close to it? A lot of people are having rattle there after installing aftermarket exhausts.
Hmm, good question. I do have an aftermarket exhaust but have had it for a while now. Thanks for the suggestion - will check it out tomorrow.

Dry sump LS7, cage, JPSS suspension, Wilwood brakes, fire suppression, ARH 3" headers/exhaust, Z/28 DSSV coilovers, Kirkey seats, TeamTech 6-point harnesses, 19" Forgeline GA3R, 325/30R19 Re11 tires, oil cooler, monster JPSS splitter/wickerbill, CAI, brake ducts.
Old 04-21-2012, 09:23 PM   #4
JohnZ

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT V6
are you talking about the brace that is toward the back of the car?

BMR Bushing Inserts,Pedders Radius Rod Inserts, Pfadt Sway Bars and Endlinks, LSR Front Subframe Brace

SS Brembo Brakes, Racing Brake Stainless Lines
JohnZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 06:57 AM   #5
SSSoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnZ View Post
are you talking about the brace that is toward the back of the car?
I'm talking about a steel line that runs out from the centerline of the car near the rear axles towards the wheels. The brake fluid in the line then goes through flexible lines to the actual braking unit. When I get my hand in there on the driver rear side it makes noise when I strum it a bit but on the passenger rear side it makes no noise...