Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

Old 09-04-2011, 05:20 AM   #15
Rcfiddy1
Sold car...

Drives: 2010 Rally Yellow 2SS/RS #37115
Depends on your state laws. Here in NJ we are screwed. I drive 40 miles to PA and I have a CCW permit along with about 40 other states but not where I live. KNow your State laws inside and out because here most LEO don't know about CCW or transporting your firearm.http://reason.com/archives/2010/11/1...itkens-mistake
ECS Novi 1500 Supercharged, LS3 conversion, Small blower cam, Alky Meth injection, 3:45 rear, BMR Suspension parts, 1LE Sways, Billy Boat ZL1 dual mode exhaust.
Rcfiddy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 10:13 AM   #16
Mark's SS

Drives: 17 Silverado 2500HD LTZ 4x4 Duramax
Quote:
Originally Posted by BumbleBee3 View Post
Thanks for the info I know the black, white, and grey areas of the law. I don't have my chl but I do have my pistol certifications for competition shooting. I want to stay away from the law debates and focus on the mods or what others use. As far as what gun I would have in the car since size was brought up, It is a XD 40 sub, so small enough for the console. Great idea on the bag and suggesting reasons not to go with biometric locks.

Sent from my HTC Evo via Tapatalk
If you are interested in the bag idea, here are some that work really well. http://acecase.com/rec-bag-nylon.html I have one for each of my handguns. Easy to carry with you and they can easily be put under the seat or stored in the trunk.
Mark's SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 03:51 PM   #17
Aries240SS

Drives: 2011 1SS RS Camaro, 1995 LSX 240SX
I had a GVB2000 under the seat in my truck.
http://www.gunsafestore.com/GVB2000.htm

Unfortunately, there is very limited space in the Camaro to do such a case. You might do well to contact Vehicle Vault, and ask for their recommendations though. They already make vaults/gun safes for many vehicles but I did not see the Camaro on the list.
Aries240SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 02:05 PM   #18
BumbleBee3
Roll Out

Drives: 2012 2SS Transformer Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aries240SS View Post
I had a GVB2000 under the seat in my truck.
http://www.gunsafestore.com/GVB2000.htm

Unfortunately, there is very limited space in the Camaro to do such a case. You might do well to contact Vehicle Vault, and ask for their recommendations though. They already make vaults/gun safes for many vehicles but I did not see the Camaro on the list.

Awesome thanks

BumbleBee3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 02:27 PM   #19
2010SS2SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS 2SS
Gun sfae will get you killed! Carry it or forget about it...
Taking the time to open a safe in a SHTF moment could be costly.
Taking your eyes off an attacker allows them an advantage you don't
want to give up. If your employer doesn't allow you to carry on grounds or
in the office just push the firearm under the seat or in the glove box and keep
your mouth shut. What people don't know / they don't care. If someone breaks into
your car their likely going to take it with or with out a safe
2010SS2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 03:00 PM   #20
Mark's SS

The only reason to use a gun safe is if you are leaving your gun in the car while you are away. Otherwise, ****ed and locked. It is useless to have it locked away out of reach.
Old 09-06-2011, 04:04 PM   #21
h2oplay
Winners find a way

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonny View Post
Here's a better idea: get your CHL and carry in a holster.

And, for more advice you didn't ask for, you do NOT want a biometric case. You think it's quick access, but it's not. (At least, it's not quicker than a finger combination safe.) Neither is it reliable. Get one with 4 or 5 buttons on the top that you can set a combination to. It will be plenty fast, and far more reliable than anything biometric on the market right now.

When the SHTF, Murphy's law will kick in; you need Occam's razor to fight it. The simplest idea is best.

Sorry for my post. I hate it when people ignore the question and spout off their personal opinions instead of being helpful. I just don't want you to ever need your weapon, and end up pressing your sweaty thumb against some reader 4 or 5 times trying to swipe just right while those few precious seconds slip away...

Get the carry license, and holster with one in the tube, otherwise, what's the point, when you need a gun, you need it NOW, no time to load one into the chamber or dial a code.......think about it
h2oplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 12:56 PM   #22
BumbleBee3
Roll Out

Thanks for all the MOTO (master of the obvious) posts. The whole point of wanting the safe in the car is for the following:

1) when I'm not carrying it on me or didn't want to leave it at the house.
2) securing it in the car incase of a possible smash and grab attempt
3) even once I get my CHL I'm not going to carry it everywhere, and there are still places you can't take it with you even with a CHL.

I wasn't asking about the SHTF moments mainly looking to see if someone has added one to their car that provides relative quick access for ease of storing and removing, and seeing what works for them.

I'm looking for mod ideas on it.

Old 09-07-2011, 03:40 PM   #23
y2k king

Drives: 2011 ss camaro
i've got one with a cable that you can loop around the seat frame underneath. i haven't used it in the camaro yet.
i used to use it when i had to valet park at the hospital every day. it's only long enough for a colt mustang or luger lcp.
i used to throw my cel phone and garmin gps in there too.

here's another way.
http://www.securityprousa.com/vesehocarseh.html
Old 09-07-2011, 06:20 PM   #24
BumbleBee3
Roll Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2k king View Post
i've got one with a cable that you can loop around the seat frame underneath. i haven't used it in the camaro yet.
i used to use it when i had to valet park at the hospital every day. it's only long enough for a colt mustang or luger lcp.
i used to throw my cel phone and garmin gps in there too.

here's another way.
http://www.securityprousa.com/vesehocarseh.html
Awesome thanks, another use I plan on using it for is placing say wallet/watch etc when I go toobin down the river and such. I appreciate the info. That holster is awesome.

Old 09-07-2011, 06:41 PM   #25
jtzako

Drives: 2010 IBM Camaro SS
It has always been legal to carry a firearm in the car as long as it is unloaded and not accessible to the driver/passengers (i.e. in the trunk).

Now, if by 'carry' you mean loaded and accessible then no, that was not previously legal even if it was not concealed.

I would only have it in there for trips to a gun range.
Old 09-07-2011, 07:13 PM   #26
Mark's SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by BumbleBee3 View Post
Awesome thanks, another use I plan on using it for is placing say wallet/watch etc when I go toobin down the river and such. I appreciate the info. That holster is awesome.
That's not a bad idea. Even though I carry mine on me, it would be nice to have something to lock them in if I need to leave them in the vehicle. Maybe something that would fit under the seat.
Old 09-07-2011, 07:28 PM   #27
bob vogel

Drives: 2010 rs ss
to the op...just be very happy your not in calif. we do not have a chance here, we just get the short end.
bob vogel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 12:19 AM   #28
2012InfernoSS

Drives: 93GMC sierra stepside/ ctsv3
A locked gun is a useless gun
2012InfernoSS is offline   Reply With Quote