Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 06-08-2018, 08:57 AM   #1
Pappaprime

Drives: 2014 camaro
Pac kit with a highs amp troubles

I purchased the pac dash kit and installed an alpine touch screen. Used the factory speakers and head unit power. A week later I put in my amp.
A 5 channel polk audio and a 12 sub.
Problem is when I turn the gains up the head unit shuts down and resets. I have the gains at about a quater of the way up and it works but that amp has alot more left to give.
What I did was ran 4 speaker wires from the amp to the dash kit where I disconnected the alpines speaker outs and tied the amp into there.

I have been thinking it was the pac module shutting down the head unit so I called pac and confirmed that they said I cannot push power into the pack.

Its been a while since I was into car audio but in my day we bought kits so we did not have to cut factory wires or run separate speaker wires to each speaker.

How is everyone else doing it who has a pack and an aftermarket highs amp? Did you run separate speaker wires? Did you cut your factory harnesses?
Thanks in advance.
Pappaprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 12:37 PM   #2
mbober99

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Your running the speaker wires from the Alpine head unit directly to the Polk amp? Does the amp accept high level inputs? If not you will need a Line out converter like an AudioControl LC2i 2 Channel Line Out Converter. it has 2 inputs but 4 outputs.
mbober99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 03:12 PM   #3
Pappaprime

Drives: 2014 camaro
No. I was running the head unit only to the factory speakers.

I disconnected the alpine high level to the pac module.

Ran rcas to the amp.

Ran speaker wires from the amp to the pac unit which feeds the factory speakers.

I think I am pushing too much power into the pac module and need to tie into the factory harness after the module.
Pappaprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 11:05 AM   #4
imponte

Drives: '10 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappaprime View Post
No. I was running the head unit only to the factory speakers.

I disconnected the alpine high level to the pac module.

Ran rcas to the amp.

Ran speaker wires from the amp to the pac unit which feeds the factory speakers.

I think I am pushing too much power into the pac module and need to tie into the factory harness after the module.
I have same thing. Pac kit with FARK harness. I dont want ran the rca cables hu to amp. How can i do that? Look the picture.
https://i.hizliresim.com/qywkqP.jpg
Update
I solved this. Just run the rca cables from headunit to the new amp.

Last edited by imponte; 05-09-2020 at 09:55 AM.
imponte is offline   Reply With Quote