Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-04-2010, 03:56 PM   #1
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
went cruising today

I just had to post this when I got home today. I had only driven my Camaro on delivery day (2 weeks ago) to get it home and tucked away and covered in the garage. Today was the first day that the weather has been good enough to drive it. So, I played hookie today and took my 2SS out for a cruise.

I have to say, I am just sooooooooooooo happy when I'm driving this car. I stopped at the dealer to pick up the trunk mat (they had forgotten to put it in the car on delivery day) and I had at least 6 people at the dealership say "sweet car," "great color," etc. to me. I couldn't stop grinning... see:

It is just so fun to drive it. Everything feels effortless when I'm behind the wheel. Do I sound like I'm dopey and babbling? Sorry about that. I am just so dang pleased with myself right now, I could sing! (I won't sing, don't worry, you do NOT want to hear me sing).

Tomorrow, the weather will be bad and I'll be back in my SUV (which is a nice car, but it's just not a Camaro). I can't wait for Spring!

Thanks to all of you who let me share my Camaro happiness. My husband just doesn't quite get it. He thinks I'm a little bit nuts over the car. I guess I am.
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 03:58 PM   #2
AnnaBear@SpartaChevy

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1SS Manual Synergy Grn
Send a message via Yahoo to AnnaBear@SpartaChevy

I think we're all just a little bit nuts about this car...
AnnaBear@SpartaChevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 03:58 PM   #3
Partick

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
It's addicting for sure!!!!!
Partick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 03:58 PM   #4
Chevyg1rl

Drives: Chevys
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
Thanks to all of you who let me share my Camaro happiness. My husband just doesn't quite get it. He thinks I'm a little bit nuts over the car. I guess I am.
Ditto!

Old 02-04-2010, 04:01 PM   #5
IndyDave

Drives: '10 Camaro 2LT RS
I know I am.....& I don't even have one yet!!
IndyDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 04:38 PM   #6
Michael_Js
SoCal C5 Family Member

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS - Black w/IOM; 6M
Send a message via AIM to Michael_Js Send a message via MSN to Michael_Js
Glad you are enjoying her! (him?)
2010 Black 2SS/RS; 6M; IOM, GFX, sunroof; ADM Race CAI; Zoomers CB; Viper Alarm; Pdaft F&R sways, Adj Endlinks, Rtrailing arms, Camber kit, strut brace, Front Trailing Arm Bushing; SLP Skip-Shift Elim; Tinted lights/windows; Hurst Short-throw; LoJack; Door & Dash ABL Mods; ********; JBA Shorty headers; AACStyle LEDs; Stillen DS rotors, Hawk Ceramic pads; Havoc Blk Chrome wheels: 20x9s; Lingenfelter Blk Al Pedals; RevXtreme Catch Can; Goodridge SS lines; Ported TB; RK Sport hood; Hotchkis chassis brace; KW V3 coilovers;
Michael_Js is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 05:03 PM   #7
MrRaZ28
@MrRaZ28

Drives: 2014 Z28 #80
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyDave View Post
I know I am.....& I don't even have one yet!!

I second this... I dream about this car every night. Some would say it's pathetic, but I don't care!

Keep on rocking with your perma-grin!
MrRaZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 05:07 PM   #8
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
I just had to post this when I got home today. I had only driven my Camaro on delivery day (2 weeks ago) to get it home and tucked away and covered in the garage. Today was the first day that the weather has been good enough to drive it. So, I played hookie today and took my 2SS out for a cruise.

I have to say, I am just sooooooooooooo happy when I'm driving this car. I stopped at the dealer to pick up the trunk mat (they had forgotten to put it in the car on delivery day) and I had at least 6 people at the dealership say "sweet car," "great color," etc. to me. I couldn't stop grinning... see:

It is just so fun to drive it. Everything feels effortless when I'm behind the wheel. Do I sound like I'm dopey and babbling? Sorry about that. I am just so dang pleased with myself right now, I could sing! (I won't sing, don't worry, you do NOT want to hear me sing).

Tomorrow, the weather will be bad and I'll be back in my SUV (which is a nice car, but it's just not a Camaro). I can't wait for Spring!

I know what you mean. I have not driven my car since early December. I got it out yesterday and took it for a cruise. The feeling you get is just amazing!!!

PS - My wife doesn't quite get it either, but she knows how passionate I am and is all for me enjoying it and being a little nutty.
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 07:21 PM   #9
mfr1950

Drives: 2011 challengerR/T , 2010 Ram R/T
I got mine out after work today and drove about 40 miles, She was sure eager to run on
I 65.... Even though a few more of the are out locally I still got the thumbs up and smiles from other drivers, I know I won't have the winter blahs for a few days!!!!
mfr1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 07:22 PM   #10
jonnyb

Drives: IBM 2SS/RS
Send a message via Yahoo to jonnyb
Must have been the day for it Darth Emma. Took mine out today as well. Had to run by the bank and deposit a check and figured I would pick up a California duster at the same time. Just those two things took about an hour and a half. Funny parts though, had a guy come up next to me in a old beater pick up rev the engine and take off right through a yellow/red light in front of a state trooper. The trooper got him lol. Then I had two of them fallow me at two separate times. Made me nervous because I didn’t have my insurance card on me.
Anyway gonna take off in a little while and pick up friend from work so he can see it. Also a few friends are coming by and we’ll end up drinking beers in the garage I’m sure. I can’t say it enough but this car ROCKS!
Old 02-04-2010, 07:31 PM   #11
molsonbrador

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS, 2018 Colorado
I know what you mean. Just covered mine up, again...snow due to hit Jersey tomorrow. It makes you sad to put her away but we (I just got mine a week ago) just got them and want to drive em. Maybe next winter won't hurt too bad, yeah right. I also know what you mean about the CGM compliments. Special isn't it?

The car is smooth isn't it? Told coworkers I could fold my arms and lean into turns, the car would do the rest.
molsonbrador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 07:45 PM   #12
JoeP@TeamBeckyD

Drives: SS,PaceCar,ZL1,1LE,C7Z51,Z06,17-ZL1
I am so jealous. My car is stored about 5 miles from me, so I can't get to it real easily. I've been so tempted to get it out to take a little spin, but then I'd be mad with all the salt on the road. So I guess it's better that it's not close by. I do need to stop and visit this weekend. Say Hi, check the battery power, turn it over, rev it a couple of times. Sigh...hurry up spring
JoeP@TeamBeckyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 07:49 PM   #13
jonnyb

Drives: IBM 2SS/RS
Send a message via Yahoo to jonnyb
The roads are mostly dry here but they have been sanded and some is still on the road. I wince at taking it out but can't help it right now lol
Old 02-04-2010, 07:50 PM   #14
mfr1950

Drives: 2011 challengerR/T , 2010 Ram R/T
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet View Post
I am so jealous. My car is stored about 5 miles from me, so I can't get to it real easily. I've been so tempted to get it out to take a little spin, but then I'd be mad with all the salt on the road. So I guess it's better that it's not close by. I do need to stop and visit this weekend. Say Hi, check the battery power, turn it over, rev it a couple of times. Sigh...hurry up spring
Becky,
Why don't you take out a demonstrator and grab some lunch??? I think you'll feel better!!!
mfr1950 is offline   Reply With Quote