Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 12-16-2009, 03:49 PM   #1
DocHolliday

Drives: '14 Blade Silver Z51
Thumbs up BeckyD from Rodgers Chevrolet...

This past Thanksgiving my 64 y/o mother came to visit me in San Diego from Michigan. On the second day of her visit I took her into the nursery and showed her my baby, surprisingly she thought “Michelle” was a beautiful car. As the week progressed she occasionally asked questions about the car so I finally took her for a ride. She absolutely loved the car. Upon returning home I showed her the “Ultimate Factories” about the Camaro that I keep on DVR and by the conclusion she mentioned “maybe I’ll get one of those.”

Given she is a 64 y/o grandmother I thought she may be just dreaming out loud but I gave her an extra brochure for reading material on her plane ride home. A couple days after she returned to MI I got a call from her saying she has been thinking about the Camaro and really wanted one! She asked me for help locating one as she knew I had to order mine. I contacted a dealer from the board who couldn’t help but during the process I found Becky from Rodgers Chevrolet. (Sorry Beck, I didn’t even realize you were on the board) As it turns out, Becky’s dealership was only about 20 miles from my mother. I talked with Becky and told her the situation, that my mom would qualify for the GM Employee discount, USAA, etc. and she was thrilled to help. I explained to her that this would not be a daily driver, and that my mom didn’t need an SS. Additionally, I asked Becky to be sure my mom was aware of the blind spot and to ensure it would be safe for her to sit in the driver’s seat. (When my mom was a little girl she was stricken with Polio leaving one leg several inches shorter than the other. On her “tall” leg she is only 4’11’’ so for her to drive a car with an airbag is pretty dangerous given how far she has to move the seat forward. She currently drives a car with adjustable pedals which keep her a safe distance from the airbag.) Anyway, before I could put Becky in touch with my mother I got another call from mom saying she had been to another dealer in Ohio. This guy was trying to sell my mom a 2SS and had her convinced that is the car she wanted. For obvious reasons I didn’t want my mother in an SS…and I advised her against the car, turning her onto Becky.

My mom was already “sold” on the 2SS so Becky could easily have taken advantage of that. Instead, Becky displayed the utmost integrity and explained to my mom the benefits of the 2LT, made her aware of the blind spot and again, displaying her professionalism, Becky connected my mom with a company that does handicap van conversions. This company was able to fabricate longer gas and brake pedals so my mom doesn’t have to sit right on top of the wheel to reach the pedals.

My mother couldn’t be happier with the car she picked up today, and I wanted to extend a public THANK YOU to Becky for her outstanding customer service, professionalism, and ethics. I think car salespeople in general have that “crook” stigma attached to them, Becky certainly bucks that mold. I would encourage anyone considering a new Camaro to give Becky a call. I can’t recommend her enough, she really went the extra mile on this deal.
Old 12-16-2009, 03:59 PM   #2
chmccarty
Cars pick their drivers

Drives: Transformers Edition 2LT RS Package
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHolliday View Post
This past Thanksgiving my 64 y/o mother came to visit me in San Diego from Michigan. On the second day of her visit I took her into the nursery and showed her my baby, surprisingly she thought “Michelle” was a beautiful car. As the week progressed she occasionally asked questions about the car so I finally took her for a ride. She absolutely loved the car. Upon returning home I showed her the “Ultimate Factories” about the Camaro that I keep on DVR and by the conclusion she mentioned “maybe I’ll get one of those.”

Given she is a 64 y/o grandmother I thought she may be just dreaming out loud but I gave her an extra brochure for reading material on her plane ride home. A couple days after she returned to MI I got a call from her saying she has been thinking about the Camaro and really wanted one! She asked me for help locating one as she knew I had to order mine. I contacted a dealer from the board who couldn’t help but during the process I found Becky from Rodgers Chevrolet. (Sorry Beck, I didn’t even realize you were on the board) As it turns out, Becky’s dealership was only about 20 miles from my mother. I talked with Becky and told her the situation, that my mom would qualify for the GM Employee discount, USAA, etc. and she was thrilled to help. I explained to her that this would not be a daily driver, and that my mom didn’t need an SS. Additionally, I asked Becky to be sure my mom was aware of the blind spot and to ensure it would be safe for her to sit in the driver’s seat. (When my mom was a little girl she was stricken with Polio leaving one leg several inches shorter than the other. On her “tall” leg she is only 4’11’’ so for her to drive a car with an airbag is pretty dangerous given how far she has to move the seat forward. She currently drives a car with adjustable pedals which keep her a safe distance from the airbag.) Anyway, before I could put Becky in touch with my mother I got another call from mom saying she had been to another dealer in Ohio. This guy was trying to sell my mom a 2SS and had her convinced that is the car she wanted. For obvious reasons I didn’t want my mother in an SS…and I advised her against the car, turning her onto Becky.

My mom was already “sold” on the 2SS so Becky could easily have taken advantage of that. Instead, Becky displayed the utmost integrity and explained to my mom the benefits of the 2LT, made her aware of the blind spot and again, displaying her professionalism, Becky connected my mom with a company that does handicap van conversions. This company was able to fabricate longer gas and brake pedals so my mom doesn’t have to sit right on top of the wheel to reach the pedals.

My mother couldn’t be happier with the car she picked up today, and I wanted to extend a public THANK YOU to Becky for her outstanding customer service, professionalism, and ethics. I think car salespeople in general have that “crook” stigma attached to them, Becky certainly bucks that mold. I would encourage anyone considering a new Camaro to give Becky a call. I can’t recommend her enough, she really went the extra mile on this deal.
Great story, and so glad to hear yet ANOTHER happy customer who Becky has helped. Becky is truly amazing and really cares. I just hope she is prepared to be stuck with me as a customer for life
Old 12-16-2009, 03:59 PM   #3
JoeP@TeamBeckyD

Drives: SS,PaceCar,ZL1,1LE,C7Z51,Z06,17-ZL1
How can I reply to that? I'm glad your mom was excited, that always makes it fun. Otherwise, I was just doing my job, which is really a joy, not a job. I really appreciate the kind words and hope you stop by when you are here to visit.

Thanks again for sending her this way.

Becky
JoeP@TeamBeckyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 09:19 PM   #4
JoeP@TeamBeckyD

Drives: SS,PaceCar,ZL1,1LE,C7Z51,Z06,17-ZL1
I am proud to be a
Attached Images

JoeP@TeamBeckyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 09:32 PM   #5
1320junkie

Drives: The Imperial Army
Great Job Becky!!
1320junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 07:46 AM   #6
shad2009
"Cassie"

Drives: 2007 Tungsten Grey Mustang GT
Send a message via AIM to shad2009 Send a message via Yahoo to shad2009
Becky's the best

great story, glad 2 hear she got everything she wanted, AND MORE...that's what Becky will do for you

Future Wheels - 2014 Ford Mustang GT & 2014 Chevy Camaro
shad2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 12:25 AM   #7
jnm2003

Drives: O2 GMC & 2010 camaro SS IBM 6M
Becky got me my camaro too! got hasseled at a dealer down here and she messaged me i contacted her and got my camaro in less than 7 weeks. delivered on dec 4. ive been enjoying it ever since!! thanks becky you definitely ARE the best!!

2010 camaro SS/RS Manual IBM.
NEW TIME 12.24 @ 114 mph. -[B] street tires, Hurst short throw, Halltech yellow jacket intake, AR long tube 1 7/8 headers, and a tune.
12.82 @ 110 MPH 1.92 60ft ALMOST Bone Stock ONLY MOD IS Borla mufflers.
jnm2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 11:15 AM   #8
CamaroFemme

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS/RS
Becky's responsible for my baby too. It's *really* impressive to hear that she went over the blind spot w/ this lady as well. If I lived in Michigan, she would have a lifetime of my business, and CaptainVlad's. Even now, I may just have her ship me another car anyway...in 10 years or so, of course.
Old 12-22-2009, 12:46 PM   #9
Captain Vlad

Drives: 2010 Camaro Black 2SS/RS
Or sooner, if I need a truck.
Old 12-26-2009, 01:34 PM   #10
Ravirn
Account Unaccounted for

Drives: Black SS
Wow... that is a fantastic story. Thanks for sharing! I think it's awesome that your mom in now in a Camaro, and that a salesperson actually cared enough to get her what she needed.

Well done, Becky!
Old 12-27-2009, 02:23 PM   #11
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
I don't live near Becky, but she has been VERY helpful to me. I pm'd her to get her opinion on my impending Camaro purchase and she helped me out with a lot of great information. She even confirmed that I was getting a good deal from my local dealer. Becky, you rock.
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 01:04 PM   #12
Lydon

Drives: 2010 2SS Camaro
Thumbs up Restored faith!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet View Post
How can I reply to that? I'm glad your mom was excited, that always makes it fun. Otherwise, I was just doing my job, which is really a joy, not a job. I really appreciate the kind words and hope you stop by when you are here to visit.

Thanks again for sending her this way.

Becky
Becky - I have not met you, but I'd like to comment about this matter b/c it is the kind of 'attitude' you have that will keep your customers coming back over and over again. Sales people who enjoy what they are doing and don't think of it as a "job" are the best to deal with b/c they want to make their customers happy - not sell them something they don't want or need. Kudos to you, Becky! Thanks for restoring our faith and thanks for taking care of that guy's mom like you would your own.
Old 03-17-2010, 05:45 PM   #13
Chief Bob

Drives: 2012 Camaro ZL1 SIM CTF Car M6
Becky and Rodgers Chevrolet

Chief Bob is offline   Reply With Quote