Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 01-28-2015, 08:35 AM   #1
2SShowngo

Drives: 2013 black ZL1#456
3RD TIMES A CHARM RIGHT

this is going to be my 3rd time back to get my wheels taken care of. Bought a 13' ZL1 a couple months ago, preowned with 6000 miles on it. The clearcoat was coming off the rims so took it back to get fixed. The 1st time they were painted flat black, the second time they were clearcoated with what looked like to be out of a spray can. Was told from the service writer that its the best we can do and the rep said no way you're getting new wheels so this is all we can do and I'm doing this as a courtesy cause its a used car. The wheels were just losing the coating so why he painted them to begin with is beyond me. Spoke with the outside paint company guy this morning and this time they're actually gonna take the tires off the rims and try. Why do I get the feeling I'm getting the run around and I'm almost sure I'm not gonna be satisfied when I get my car back in 2 days. I thought 3 years 36,000 miles bumper to bumper covers defects? Isn't the coating peeling off the wheels considered a defect between the bumpers? Guess we'll see in 2 days how this paint job goes but I'm really starting to feel like my service writer who's the manager by the way is really starting to try my patience by forcing this as the only resolve.
2SShowngo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 10:48 AM   #2
95birdible

Drives: 2012 1SS Camaro Convertible
Tell them you want new rims under warranty and don't put up with their BS. Who cares if you got it used. It is still under the bumper to bumper warranty.
"Green Flash"
95birdible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 11:52 AM   #3
TommyTheCat
SHKE BKE

Drives: 2013 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95birdible View Post
Tell them you want new rims under warranty and don't put up with their BS. Who cares if you got it used. It is still under the bumper to bumper warranty.
+1
get GM involved, they painted your rims when that's not what you wanted in the first place. Should be reason enough

If I got my wheels back a different color I'd expect brand new wheels
TommyTheCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 11:55 AM   #4
snymat68

Drives: 2013 Blue Ray 1LS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyTheCat View Post
+1
get GM involved, they painted your rims when that's not what you wanted in the first place. Should be reason enough

If I got my wheels back a different color I'd expect brand new wheels
+2
Don't take their sh*t.
Elite Catch Can | CAI Intake with Scoop & Washer Bottle Relocation | MRT v2 Axle-Back Exhaust | MagnaFlow Resonated X-Pipe | Resonator Delete | Vmax Ported Throttle Body | GM Strut Tower Brace | JDP Tow Hook | Vitesse Throttle Controller
Aesthetic Mods
Chrome Peek-A-Boo Door Handles | Interior Accessories Kit | OEM RS HIDs w/ 6000k Bulbs & 5000k LED Fogs | Tail Light, Marker Light, & Turn Signal Tint | Tru-Sequence Sequential Turn Signals & Brake Lights | Silver Fade Gill Stripes | Carbon Fiber Bowties | Various Chrome/Painted/Carbon Fiber Items
snymat68 is offline   Reply With Quote